Koh Chang Doctors

mrtoad

Okay, I know that there is Bangkok- Koh Chang Hospital. However, I am wondering if there are any other clinics with an English speaking doctor - or at least any other recommendations.

Thanks.

Please don't suggest Bangkok Koh Chang Hospital which charges 4,000 Baht just for a Doctor Consult :bah: - although Thai price and WP and DL Holders is 500 baht (which is fine for me), but not for people who are visiting.

You shouldnt get charged 4000 just to see a doctor. Only been to the International Clinic once when other clinics were closed and I needed a couple of deep holes in my leg cleaning - from a cat bite. No way they could know I was a tourist or not as they never asked me and I didnt have to show any ID at all. I ended up with a bill for around 2000 baht which included a rabies jab that was billed at 1400 baht - I think. ( Got subsequent jabs from a clinic in Kai Bae for a few hundred baht. Located a couple of hundred metres north of Cliff Beach Resort by the main road. Nurse/Doctor/Owner - not sure of her qualifications but she speaks English OK.)

Or KP Clinic in the centre of Klong Prao - owner speaks some English.

There used to be a very good private doctor's clinic 'PP Clinic' but that closed over a year ago.

You shouldnt get charged 4000 just to see a doctor. Only been to the International Clinic once when other clinics were closed and I needed a couple of deep holes in my leg cleaning - from a cat bite. No way they could know I was a tourist or not as they never asked me and I didnt have to show any ID at all. I ended up with a bill for around 2000 baht which included a rabies jab that was billed at 1400 baht - I think. ( Got subsequent jabs from a clinic in Kai Bae for a few hundred baht. Located a couple of hundred metres north of Cliff Beach Resort by the main road. Nurse/Doctor/Owner - not sure of her qualifications but she speaks English OK.)

Or KP Clinic in the centre of Klong Prao - owner speaks some English.

There used to be a very good private doctor's clinic 'PP Clinic' but that closed over a year ago.

Thank you Ian - apparently Bangkok Koh Chang now have a policy that anyone who does not have a WP / DL or a non immigration visa will be charged 4,000 baht for a consult. I had to got there last night with a client who had a fall - the consult with what I would call an inexperienced Junior Doctor was 4,000 baht - along with a further 3,000 baht for an x-ray and an IM painkiller. Having worked here long enough, and laso within the Health Care Industry I know full well that this is a total scam. I had a long discussion with the Nurse in Charge, who in fairness admitted that many people had been complaining about this. The Thai price is 500 baht - and Foreigners with the right documents will also pay that. So, beware for anyone thinking of popping in for an appointment there. The fact that the Doctor was unable to read the X-Ray clearly only compounded the joke of the price - he wasn't sure if there was a fracture or not - which then had to be sent to Trat today for a confirmation. He was certainly interested in adding to the bill by prescribing more medications - which as I told him were totally unnecessary. Suffice to say, my opinion of that hospital is not particularly high - other than the nursing staff who were good.

I know of KP clinic - having popped in there earlier last week - I am not sure if the owner is a Doctor? However they were pleasant enough , although there prices are pretty extortionate and they have a very limited range of medications and dressings.