Hua Hin To Phuket

sam666

I'm coming to Phuket for a few days from Hua Hin and staying at http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/phuket/patong_paradee_resort.html , I'm coming with my girlfriend (thai) and meeting some british mates who just flown in. I've never been before and I have no idea how to get there, I've heard you can get a bus or train and a bus, if anyone knows which is the cheapest and most bareable traveil option? I'm looking for cheap but not a nightmare of a trip. Also whats the best way to get to the hotel, meter taxi?

Another question as well, anyone recommand any good clubs (disco) and bars to go drinking at? One or two gogo bars are ok but their expensive and i'm not looking for a lady obviously, but I'd like to go just to check it out'.

About your only option is the express bus from center of Hua Hin, but still takes about 10 hours. Leaves early morning about 8 or 9 and again in evening about 20 or 21. about 900 baht. No direct train, and trains slow. Or you bus up to Bangkok and fly down. Might be quicker.

Once arrive Phuket then take a meter taxi from near the bus station.

You could get the train to Surat Thani and a bus from there but you will need transport between the train and bus stations. You may even find a minibus to Surat. Get your girlfriend to go to the little bus terminal in Hua Hin and find out.

Train service timetable is terrible. Checked it out before. best bus all the way.

Taxi Hua HIn to Phuket 5-6000 baht, 8 hours to hoteldoor

Train to Surat, Phunpin and minibus to Phuket, approx 11-12 hours at 1000 baht pluss taxi/tuk tuk in Phuket 3-500 baht

Bus coach Hua Hin to Phuket City 1800 baht in 9-10 hours, pluss taxi/tuk tuk to hotel 3-500 baht

taxi to Suvarnabum 1500 baht, airplane to Phuket from 2000, all in 5-6 hours. Taxi to hotel at 500 baht

Discos, nightclubs, go-go, thats Patong Bangla road

Enjoy it:)

Edited by katabeachbum

Train service timetable is terrible. Checked it out before. best bus all the way.

Taxi Hua HIn to Phuket 5-6000 baht, 8 hours to hoteldoor

Train to Surat, Phunpin and minibus to Phuket, approx 11-12 hours at 1000 baht pluss taxi/tuk tuk in Phuket 3-500 baht

Bus coach Hua Hin to Phuket City 1800 baht in 9-10 hours, pluss taxi/tuk tuk to hotel 3-500 baht

taxi to Suvarnabum 1500 baht, airplane to Phuket from 2000, all in 5-6 hours. Taxi to hotel at 500 baht

Discos, nightclubs, go-go, thats Patong Bangla road

Enjoy it:)

So vip minibus is deffo cheapest at 900bht and fastest? I saw this,

http://www.railway.co.th/English/FareRate.asp - Surat Thani is only 248bht for 2nd class, how much is it for a minibus or bus to phuket from surat thani? And how bad is 2nd class?

Also this I saw when I was going to Buriram - http://www.1stopbangkok.com/getting_here/bus/ -

Phuket (B) 974 A/C 1st class VIP 11.50 hrs 07.30, 17.30, 18.00, 18.30, 19.00

Phuket 626 Double A/C 1st class 12 hrs 18.30, 19.15

Phuket 501 A/C 2nd class 13 hrs 05.00, 07.00, 09.30, 14.00, 16.00, 17.30 20.30, 21.30

Phuket (B) 487 A/C 2nd class 12 hrs 06.00, 15.30, 18.00

Why can't I get these from around Hua Hin? Bangkok is <deleted> 2-3hours north and it's gonna cost me double? Maybe it's worth getting a 160bht bus to bangkok and then down, yes it adds 2-3hours on to the journ, but i'm on a budget, paying for 2 and it's half the price.

So vip minibus is deffo cheapest at 900bht and fastest? I saw this,

http://www.railway.c...sh/FareRate.asp - Surat Thani is only 248bht for 2nd class, how much is it for a minibus or bus to phuket from surat thani? And how bad is 2nd class?

Also this I saw when I was going to Buriram - http://www.1stopbang...tting_here/bus/ -

Phuket (B) 974 A/C 1st class VIP 11.50 hrs 07.30, 17.30, 18.00, 18.30, 19.00

Phuket 626 Double A/C 1st class 12 hrs 18.30, 19.15

Phuket 501 A/C 2nd class 13 hrs 05.00, 07.00, 09.30, 14.00, 16.00, 17.30 20.30, 21.30

Phuket (B) 487 A/C 2nd class 12 hrs 06.00, 15.30, 18.00

Why can't I get these from around Hua Hin? Bangkok is <deleted> 2-3hours north and it's gonna cost me double? Maybe it's worth getting a 160bht bus to bangkok and then down, yes it adds 2-3hours on to the journ, but i'm on a budget, paying for 2 and it's half the price.

Really now, if you are fretting about THB 1,000 perhaps you best stay in Hua Hin.

Really now, if you are fretting about THB 1,000 perhaps you best stay in Hua Hin.

It's around 80 quid, more like 90 to 100 quid (if u include taxi to hotel) just on traveil here and back, some of us aren't old rich guys .....

If the 900 baht bus ticket hurts.. Wait till he sees the 750 baht buger and fries on the menu !! :D

250 baht lady drinks all round ???

Op, in Phuket Burger King dobbel whopper bacon cheese with fries and coke is 290 baht, while approx 230 baht in HH as i recall

In Bangla road walking street, Kangoroo bar serves drinks at 120 baht and all beer at 70 baht, while some others charge 500 baht each.

The prices here wont kill you if you choose the inexpensive places

If the 900 baht bus ticket hurts.. Wait till he sees the 750 baht buger and fries on the menu !! :D

you obviously dont eat and drink in the 'norm' joints :blink:

Neither does a couple of day visitor to Bangla.. Tourist town, tourist pricing..

About your only option is the express bus from center of Hua Hin, but still takes about 10 hours. Leaves early morning about 8 or 9 and again in evening about 20 or 21. about 900 baht. No direct train, and trains slow. Or you bus up to Bangkok and fly down. Might be quicker.

Once arrive Phuket then take a meter taxi from near the bus station.

How do you "take a meter taxi from near the bus station"?

Is this a typo ?......do you really mean from the taxi rank at the airport? .....Taxi meters don't operate from BorKorSor (Phuket Bus Station)

How do you "take a meter taxi from near the bus station"?

Is this a typo ?......do you really mean from the taxi rank at the airport? .....Taxi meters don't operate from BorKorSor (Phuket Bus Station)

ํYou are correct, they don't operate from the bus station. That's why I said 'near the bus station'. I often see meter taxis sitting out on the main road, near the Royal City Hotel. Although I must admit there is no guarantee of finding a meter taxi anywhere in Phuket town.

ํYou are correct, they don't operate from the bus station. That's why I said 'near the bus station'. I often see meter taxis sitting out on the main road, near the Royal City Hotel. Although I must admit there is no guarantee of finding a meter taxi anywhere in Phuket town.
Only from the airport will they use their meter. Pick up a meter taxi anywhere else and they will charge a fixed price.

Only from the airport will they use their meter. Pick up a meter taxi anywhere else and they will charge a fixed price.

Phuket meter taxis and the silver grey limosines are allowed to pick up passangers at the airport only.

any other taxi is NOT allowed to pickup passangers at the airport

At the bus station a tuk tuk is more likely to be found, and prices are not as bad as on the west coast

Young or old, rich or not so rich, I've travelled on many holidays to numerous places near and far over my lifetime.

When organising said holidays it has always been just normal, common sense to include the cost of travel to the destination as part of the overall costs.

I've never committed my entire budget to accommodation and then started wondering how I was going to pay to get there as an afterthought. For the OP to do this and then start whining about the perceived age and wealth of people making helpful suggestions, illustrates his lack of maturity and good grace.

I don't know why you people bother with this type of character.

I have used meter taxis multiple times not from the airport.. And paid the meter.

in that case you are probably the only one on the whole island, tourist or living here.

Havent done it in a long time I admit.. But did a couple of times when they were 'new' or newer so maybe they were trying to prove something..

I have to be honest and say I had just assumed after those experiences that they were continuing.

I try to support the meters, outbound from the airport is easy, but they are such rough cars now that I find myself breaking my own rules and using the limo guys.

Op, in Phuket Burger King dobbel whopper bacon cheese with fries and coke is 290 baht, while approx 230 baht in HH as i recall

In Bangla road walking street, Kangoroo bar serves drinks at 120 baht and all beer at 70 baht, while some others charge 500 baht each.

Thats more than 25% extra on just one item, I think for a 3-4 day stay with hotel, getting there and return, food, drinks plus other spending money for 2 persons,the OP would need almost 30,000, Thats nearly £700 for a few days away!!!!!!!...Thailand aint cheap anymore..

Thats more than 25% extra on just one item, I think for a 3-4 day stay with hotel, getting there and return, food, drinks plus other spending money for 2 persons,the OP would need almost 30,000, Thats nearly £700 for a few days away!!!!!!!...Thailand aint cheap anymore..

2 persons

Travelling costs 1500km roundtrip (VIP 25 seat coach or airplane) and taxis at 4-5k baht

Hotel 600-1000 3 nights is max 3k baht

20 beer a day in Bangla road is 1400 baht 3 days is 4500 baht

Mc Donalds Big Mac with large fries and coke is still 120 baht, or KFC if you prefere. Thai food from 35 baht

Did I miss something expensive here?

BTW just booked 3 persons Phuket-Udonthani roundtrip air at 550 baht all included. Cost us same to drive to the airport though

Thailand is still cheap. Anywhere less expensive?

But does it ever work out like that ??

I mean, I know I like a drink, but I cant seem to go out on Bangla for a big night without losing 5k a long the way.. Sometimes even hitting the ATM late to top that up.

Individually they seem cheap, but party on, girl drinks, nightclub, the package.. It snowballs.. And theres no point doing it to sit nursing a beer in a side soi (or at least for me).

I dont have a problem with that.. I think its still a value night out if your in the mood for that scene, which these days for me is rare.

2 persons

Travelling costs 1500km roundtrip (VIP 25 seat coach or airplane) and taxis at 4-5k baht

Mc Donalds Big Mac with large fries and coke is still 120 baht, or KFC if you prefere. Thai food from 35 baht

BTW just booked 3 persons Phuket-Udonthani roundtrip air at 550 baht all included. Cost us same to drive to the airport though

Yes you missed a _ll of a lot....

Three meals a day for 2 persons, plus snacks...you quote a MacDonalds for 1once a day or some noodle soup...hardly holiday experience

Sunlounges at 200 a person per day.

Transport/taxis/tuk tuks or motorcycle rental.

Any sightseeing, trips/entrance fees.

Drinks in other places apart from one bar at 70 baht a drink.

Come on, I hardly think it is worth going to Phuket to eat noodles in Nan Noi or side of the road and drink in a cheap charlie place, he wants more than that.....

And yes, Cambodia, Mexico, ietnam, parts of Africa and South America are cheaper than Thailand.

2 persons

Yes you missed a _ll of a lot....

Three meals a day for 2 persons, plus snacks...you quote a MacDonalds for 1once a day or some noodle soup...hardly holiday experience

Sunlounges at 200 a person per day.

Transport/taxis/tuk tuks or motorcycle rental.

Any sightseeing, trips/entrance fees.

Drinks in other places apart from one bar at 70 baht a drink.

Come on, I hardly think it is worth going to Phuket to eat noodles in Nan Noi or side of the road and drink in a cheap charlie place, he wants more than that.....

And yes, Cambodia, Mexico, ietnam, parts of Africa and South America are cheaper than Thailand.

From Hua Hin to your mentioned places travel costs increases slightly.B)

Calling Kangaroo bar or any other inexpensive Bangla bar (not soi bar) cheap charlie bar, makes million of people cheap charlies, but ok if you need 500 baht drinks you sure can find them. In the meanwhile, try checking out Kangaroo bar in Facebook, I guess thats where the cheap charlies goe:lol:

ok I agree with you, 30k is needed for 3 days :rolleyes:

but since OP is on a very tight budget, I just tried to present some less expensive alternatives:)