A Government Hospital Visit That Went Well.

Richb2004v2

We had cause to use the local government hospital late at night a few days ago. I was reluctant but didn't fancy the long drive to the expensive private one. Anyway we were seen very quickly, the staff were very friendly and seemed thorough. Plus it was a tiny fraction of the amount I usually pay at the private hospital. I was very satisfied and couldn't find anything to complain about :o .

I just thought I would add something positive since I normally specialize in nonsensical computer questions and contributing to Thai bashing and general grumpiness. :D

I had the pleasure to be in a government hospital and i can say it was as good as back in the Uk last time i was in hospital in about 2001 accept friends had to bring me meals. That is saying that either Thai hospitals are ok or the NHS was bad back then.

I have also been seen in a private hospital every thing was quick including the bill. They were happy as hel_l when i said insurance because it meant they could gouge me and the insurance company for money.

A recent visit for me to the government hospital in Prasat was as good or better than any previous visits I have made to hospitals in the US, and very, very much less cost. I had to be taken there by ambulance (12 kilometer trip), no charge. I had to stay a day and a night, was given an EKG, many blood tests (I had Dengue fever), IV fluids and three meals a day (very bland hospital food, no pet!), and a follow-up blood test a week later...all for less than 2000 baht. The staff was excellent, fast and efficient and the Doctor was very knowledgeable and English-speaking. I highly praise them for everything.

mario299

Years ago, stopped at a government hospital in Nong Khai. Excellent treatment - even more than I requested - and excellent care. Super low price. No complaints at all, just lots of praise.

Not quite sure if Siriraj in Bangkok classifies as a government hospital - it's public and affiliated with Mahidol University Faculty of Medicine - but high praise for public use there, too. Had minor surgery a few years past, and excellent service. Happy to return.

if you going to praise lots of love on a place at least give its name.

Sirikit Hospital in Sattahip.

I've had a couple of less than adequate experiences in paying hospitals here, and one particularly bad one, so this was a big bonus.

Last March I spent a week at Chula. Had to get there in their ambulance. Didn't have a private room like at BNH a little earlier; stayed in a room with three other guys (none of whom spoke English.) So-so food but it was filling and they gave me a choice of Thai or Western. The doctor and most of the staff spoke English and provided excellent service and care. Even with a large supply of medications to take home, the cost for the week was significantly less than for a one-night stay at BNH a few days earlier.

Fortunately, I came home before the Red Shirt invasion and evacuation.

I've nothing but good to say about the state run children's hospital near victory monument.

When my daughter was suffering with epileptic fits, the private hospitals were sending us back home with a bag full of paracetamol. One even discharged her claiming that she had a nose infection when transpired that in reality she had pneumonia.

The children's hospital dealt with her pneumonia and diagnosed her epilepsy, treating her epilepsy as well. All at a cost which was a fraction of what the so called better hospitals charge.