Price Of Metal Farm Gates

mikecwm

I have searched both the farming and building forums and found nothing useful, so here's a new topic.

My wife is going to finish off paying fo our (sorry - her) 30 rai we found in Petchabun province.

While there she will be organising to put fencing around part of it.

We will also need to put in a farm type gates for access.

Anyone have any idea what a simple galvanised gate costs?

It will need to be wide enough to allow trucks with building materials through eventually.

Still 4 years to when we can start building - dam_n this working, so we want to keep neighbours cows out in the mean time.

Thanks for any info.

I live upcountry and have built all my own gates and pens. Steel here is easy to get and at close to London metal exchange prices. So if you have a design you can estimate the steel price. Labour for welding is in the normal range here which you can check for each province on the internet. The issue is galvenising, firstly difficult to find outside Bangkok, secondly quality is normally not good. Galvenised steel structures are usually made from the limited range of galvenised tubing available and the welded areas are painted. In my case I chose to use local black iron and then prime with automotive underbody primer and spray paint. Most large gates here are made from black tubing and then painted or if you want more corrosion protection then its stainless steel.

Your other option to exclude cattle would be to put in a cattle grill crossing in the gateway and no gate. This can be made with a ditch with a series of timbers or steel pipes, check the net for designs.

If I can help further PM me.

Isaanaussie

Edited by IsaanAussie