Ratio Between Men And Women In Pattaya?

nikkoid66

Depends which side of the equation you count the ladyboys, there seem to be thousands of them these days! :bah:

A long term Pattaya ex-pat lady told me recently that the figure is around 5 women to 1 man.B)

If you ever go to a Wat / Temple on Buddhist festivals in Pattaya / Jomtien.....the ratio looks more like 99 to 1.

I visited the mountain pilgrimage with my GF down by Chantaburi where you go up a death defying truck trip and then walk up to look and pray to a big round rock.

I counted 5 other foreigners and the amount of women compared to men was staggering. I think there was more male monks than male visitors.

I could be wrong but countries with a severe male female imbalance usually have all manner of internal political and social problems. Remind you of any where ?

But maybe.....all the Thai men are really really busy working......:whistling:

Depends which side of the equation you count the ladyboys, there seem to be thousands of them these days! :bah:

A long term Pattaya ex-pat lady told me recently that the figure is around 5 women to 1 man.B)

I imagine thats about right, actually the situation is so bad that woman are sitting outside of houses to attract a man. They are absolutely delighted to get a man, and if its just for a short time :ph34r:

A quick Google shows Thailand has 0.98 men to each woman for people over the age of 15 ....

But I've noticed the same large imbalance in Bangkok as well as Pattaya - so perhaps there's more work for women in these cities so there's more migration of females into the cities than there is for men?

Or perhaps I just don't notice the men.:D

IF ? any of you out there are interested in Thai statistics...and subjects that "might" be censored on Thai Visa and you really want to know how things work in South East Asia....go to this link below and read some "Amazing Thailand" facts and figures....i.e. 60% of tourists to Thailand are men....and not all from Europe or the States. Some of the stats are disturbing when you realise how many Thai women are in Japan, with out of date visas ???

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/2005/05/learningthethaisextrade/

:jap:

IF ? any of you out there are interested in Thai statistics...and subjects that "might" be censored on Thai Visa and you really want to know how things work in South East Asia....go to this link below and read some "Amazing Thailand" facts and figures....i.e. 60% of tourists to Thailand are men....and not all from Europe or the States. Some of the stats are disturbing when you realise how many Thai women are in Japan, with out of date visas ???

http://www.prospectm...hethaisextrade/

:jap:

Very interesting reading. Thanks lonewolf90

CIA Factbook:

0-14 years: 20.8% (male 7,013,877/female 6,690,554)15-64 years: 70.5% (male 23,000,156/female 23,519,298)65 years and over: 8.7% (male 2,612,269/female 3,162,282) (2010 est.)

These figures would indicate that there's more teenage and 20's males in T'hailand than females.

Edited by tropo

As around 90% of the men who go there are going there for the women

Ridiculous...

90% of men in Pattaya are guys who live here, mainly Thai ones.

Tourist guys are only a few thousands, and sex tourists guys only a (small?) part of them.

In low season I believe ratio is over "10 : 1" (female to male ratio).

Maybe there is a small oversupply of younger ladies in Pattaya, but even if they are 20,000 of them (optimistic?) it only make a ratio "10 : 9" in the city.