3G In Pattaya?

Deeral

Chiang Mai and Hua Hin only.

OK - i think you'll find it is available in Bkk and Chonburi as well as Chiang Mai - never heard of it being available in Hua Hin,

but

the reason i'm asking is that some employees of True (not in Pattaya) told be that it was available in Pattaya.

Now it is possible it is possible that they may have thought I lived in Pattaya which was nearby - and were basically lying to make a sale. in fact I already have a 3G air-card and was wondering if it would work in Pattaya

I don't have a 3G phone - I have an air-card - so I have to set it up on a computer or take my laptop to find out - I'd rather know BEFORE I went. I don't want to drive to Pattaya just to test for 3G.

BTW - I know that my card works on EDGE if 3G isn't available.

I'm trying to work out if it is available - it seems no-one knows for sure.

I was hoping that someone who is subscribed to a 3G service in Pattaya might respond.

I did a test near Pattaya the other day and it didn't look good, but I've no idea how big the footprint is - if any.

So if anyone knows the question is

Is 3G available in Pattaya?

(and if it is there - what area of Pattaya/Jomtien etc is covered?)

Edited by Deeral

Chiang Mai and Hua Hin only.

OK - i think you'll find it is available in Bkk and Chonburi as well as Chiang Mai - never heard of it being available in Hua Hin,

but

the reason i'm asking is that some employees of True (not in Pattaya) told be that it was available in Pattaya.

Now it is possible it is possible that they may have thought I lived in Pattaya which was nearby - and were basically lying to make a sale. in fact I already have a 3G air-card and was wondering if it would work in Pattaya

You asked about AIS, so the answer you have been given is correct. , but not on the AIS network

But if you asked about TRUEMOVE, your answer would hve been different. :) Yes, there is.

Topic - "Is there 3G in Pattaya?"

Text - "will my AIS "aircard" give me 3G internet connection in Pattaya? "

Until now neither question was answered.So in summary...unless you are referring to the True salesboys.

There IS 3g in Pattaya but AIS won't work - is that correct?

Edited by Deeral

Until now neither question was answered.So in summary...unless you are referring to the True salesboys.

It has been answered. Maybe you just don't understand the answer.

So is my summary correct?

Can you elucidate?

So is my summary correct?

Can you elucidate?

You need the correct SIM card and perhaps generic Mobile Connect software dependent on the model of 'aircard'. See your local TRUE stockist for details. :)

If anyone is interested there is story in News Clippings

Big three set to do battle in 3G auction HERE

So True have their own 3g transmitter 0 I thought it was piggy-packed on the service that AIS used.

It seems a bit strange that AIS haven't extended their service to cover Pattaya - it has been running in Bkk and Chonburi for years.