What Other Family Vacations Spots Can We Visit Besides Bbk, Phuket, Pattaya ?

India

Bangkok and Phuket are fine if you avoid the sex tourism hotspots. Pattaya is a sex tourism town even though they are trying to sell it as a family destination.

Samui is good. Haven't been to Hua Hin, but that looks good. Krabi looks good too.

i would say chiang mai and krabi

I agree, and would add Koh Samui, lots to do there - but stay away from Chewang beach. Choengmon is great for a family.

Definitely NOT Pattaya. Hui Hin is a bit small and not too much to do apart from golf (and bars).

Not sure when you are traveling, Chang Mai can be cool in the winter and air quality problems in June (I think) due to burning off the local greenery. This is not too good for us elderly adults cough.

I agree, and would add Koh Samui, lots to do there - but stay away from Chewang beach. Choengmon is great for a family.

Definitely NOT Pattaya. Hui Hin is a bit small and not too much to do apart from golf (and bars).

Not sure when you are traveling, Chang Mai can be cool in the winter and air quality problems in June (I think) due to burning off the local greenery. This is not too good for us elderly adults cough.

Air quality in June is good its February and March that sucks.

Air quality in June is good its February and March that sucks.

Thanks for the correction - I couldn't remember which months

Thailand is a beautiful country with a rich history, and as with every country contains the developed tourist spots. a combination of both could provide for a pleasurable experience.

first of all, i would certainly remove Pattaya from your list, nothing there but girls and drink, perhaps there is something else but i did not see it when I was there.

But there is nothing wrong with visiting some of the other tourist areas.

Is this your first time to Thailand?and if so , how much time you have?

When i first took my 14 year old daughter to Thailand, we started with Bangkok, visited the Palace, Temples, took a river ride, shopping, and JJ flea market and MBK, a must in my opinion.spend a few days in Crabi, from there we took day trips to Pipi Island , snorkeling,and the island where they filmed the movie " the beach" was nice, while in BKK we took a trip to the River kwai where we went to the The Bridge on the River Kwai made famous in the movie of the same name , we took ride on on old train , ride on elephants through the forest and river, and a raft ride down the river.My second wife is Thai , so I am fortunate to have family here and to be able to see Thailand from a locals perspective, so next we rented a car and drove to Khon Kaen about 5 hrs away from BKK, spend a litle time with Family, went to the man made lake by the Dam , ate food in little bamboo huts by the lake and swam.next we took a ride to Nong Khai about 1.,5 hrs away and crossed the friendship bridge in to Laos, nothing much there other than more shopping, ( the ladies did not seem to mind) more temples and great food,but a great experience, especially for my daughter.Laos is like Thailand use to be 30 years ago.

Next time we want to go to Kho Chang, and cross in to Cambodia to visit Angkor Wat.

Again let me restate, Thailand is a country with a rich history and proud traditions, Visit the tourist areas and have some fun, but also try to see the country.There is so much to do , it would take a lifetime to see it all.

I hope this gives you some inside as to some of the things to do while in Thailand,

Have a butcher's hook at Wikitravel's page on Thailand:

Bangkok — Thailand's bustling, frenetic capital

Ayutthaya — a historical city, UNESCO World Heritage Site and old capital of Thailand

Chiang Mai — de facto capital of Northern Thailand and the heart of Lanna culture

Chiang Rai — gateway to the Golden Triangle, ethnic minorities and mountain trekkings

Kanchanaburi — home of the Bridge over the River Kwai and numerous World War II museums

Nakhon Ratchasima (Khorat) — largest city of the Isaan region

Pattaya — one of the main tourist destinations, known for its rough nightlife

Sukhothai — Thailand's first capital, still with amazing ruins

Surat Thani — home of the Srivijaya Empire, gateway to Ko Samui, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao

Ko Chang — once a quiet island, now undergoing major tourism development

Ko Lipe — small island in the middle of Tarutao National Park, amazingly unspoilt with great reefs and beaches

Ko Pha Ngan — site of the famous Full Moon Party with miles of quiet coastline

Ko Samet — the nearest island beach escape from Bangkok

Ko Samui — comfortable, nature, and entertainment hippie mecca gone upmarket

Khao Sok National Park — one of the most beautiful wildlife reserves in Thailand

Khao Yai National Park — take a night time jeep safari spotting deer or visit the spectacular waterfalls

Krabi Province — beach and watersports mecca in the South, includes Ao Nang, Rai Leh, Ko Phi Phi and Ko Lanta

Phuket — the original Thai paradise island, now very developed but still with some beautiful beaches

I thought Chiang Rai was absolutely beautiful. Very friendly and helpful easy going people, a pretty "city" and lots of beautiful countryside to see and wander through and perhaps a visit to the "white Wat" which is absolutely stunning.

Up into the hills to the tea plantations and where there are some beautiful flowers and nice hideaway retreat, not to mention local handiwork for sale and a selection of teas (which you can purchase) which will blow your mind.

Not too far away from the Laos border if you wanted to take a trip that way.

If I was planning a visit to Chiang Mai, then Chiang Rai would certainly be on my itinerary.

Krabi is a fantastic destination. It is easy to get to with cheap flight with Air Asia from Bangkok to Krabi. And it is well positined for day trips or longer trips tp Phi Phi island too. I can also recommend Ao Nang Villa Resort in Krabi as I stayed there with my family last year.