Movies I Want To See

Garry

great show , not just the acting but the way made it looked like the real thing .

I have found some blu ray copies but they are in Aus . I am going there next year so I will get one as I would love to have it too.

A great movie,, is "the intouchable",, a french film, some time ago I posted, a movie site 2k movies, that has been deleted, restarted as 4k movies. The site gives you a choice of latest releases.. must have good anti virus protection, its a good site for people in the CR region.

I just watched 42 the recent movie about Jackie Robinson the first black American to play baseball in the big league.

Even though baseball is a foreign sport I quite enjoyed it, pretty typical movie of the genre, guy triumphs over heavy odds and gets his just deserts in the end.

I found the politics of baseball just after WW2 interesting, the team manager was banned for a year for immoral behavior...

Wouldn't be hardly a player left in any pro sport these days. laugh.png

Edited by sceadugenga

Seen the movie as well , I really enjoy baseball moves as I went to many games when I lived in Chicago. The atmosphere was good but not as Aussie rules ... Watched Quigley Down Under again this week . I like Tom Selleck as a actor.Watching the new season of Blue bloods . I like this too.

I just watched 42 the recent movie about Jackie Robinson the first black American to play baseball in the big league.

Even though baseball is a foreign sport I quite enjoyed it, pretty typical movie of the genre, guy triumphs over heavy odds and gets his just deserts in the end.

I found the politics of baseball just after WW2 interesting, the team manager was banned for a year for immoral behavior...

Wouldn't be hardly a player left in any pro sport these days. laugh.png

Saw that one a couple of weeks ago Scea.

No surprises but not bad. I'd rate it a 7 maybe 7.5.

• 5 weeks later...
I had some time to kill at the Mall yesterday while waiting for my wife. A quick look at the movies playing and I thought I might enjoy watching part two of the Hunger Games, and as luck would have it, the next showing was just about to start.

I fumbled around with one of their machines until a cute little girl came over to help this first-timer, as I don't usually go to the movies alone. I settled into my comfortable seat to watch the adverts. When the movie started I was surprised to find they had all learned to speak perfect Thai, since part one.

Of course I felt quite stupid for not noticing this was the Thai language version of the movie. Thought briefly about leaving but after a few minutes I got used to these unfamiliar voices coming from these very familiar actors.

Before long I took no more notice of the language being spoken and enjoyed the rest of the movie. In the old days the soundtrack was interrupted by the voice over but that is no longer the case it seems. Anyway I enjoyed the movie, in spite of my blunder.smile.png

So are any of the movies broadcast in the original English?

Most western movies are original soundtrack but they usually have a Thai version available, too. I was simply not paying attention and chose the wrong one because the time was so convenient. They are clearly labeled if one bothers to look, which I clearly did not.

Could be a trap for the unwary, but to be honest I thought that all of the films may have been dubbed into Thai.

No reason, I suppose that the fact that foreign language films are only found at festivals and art houses in English speaking countries may have crossed my mind.

Could be a trap for the unwary, but to be honest I thought that all of the films may have been dubbed into Thai.

No reason, I suppose that the fact that foreign language films are only found at festivals and art houses in English speaking countries may have crossed my mind.

You really ought to get out to the movies more often. The original soundtrack foreign films usually have Thai subtitles but the movie I watched did not have English subtitles, which would have been rather odd considering I was the only Farang in the audience.

Thought some members would like to read this

James Cameron’s The Abyss is one of my favorite movies of all time. I’d never make the argument that it’s an overall better film than Cameron’s Aliens, but it is hugely underrated in my opinion. As such, it’s a crying shame that it still isn’t available in high-definition or on Blu-ray, but thankfully that oversight may finally be rectified next year. The folks at Digital Bits reported the rumor last year that a Blu-ray release of The Abyss was in the works, along with Cameron’s True Lies. The director was reportedly taking a little time off working on the Avatar movies to help prepare the high-def transfers. While there still hasn’t been an official street date or announcement, True Lies actress/geek icon Eliza Dushku mentioned on BBC America’s The Nerdist that she had recently worked on the True Lies Blu-ray. Well, if True Lies is indeed in the works, it stands to reason The Abyss probably is too. Especially since The Abyss will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2014, and movie studios do so love an anniversary-timed home video release

• Like 1

Thought some members would like to read this

James Cameron’s The Abyss is one of my favorite movies of all time. I’d never make the argument that it’s an overall better film than Cameron’s Aliens, but it is hugely underrated in my opinion. As such, it’s a crying shame that it still isn’t available in high-definition or on Blu-ray, but thankfully that oversight may finally be rectified next year. The folks at Digital Bits reported the rumor last year that a Blu-ray release of The Abyss was in the works, along with Cameron’s True Lies. The director was reportedly taking a little time off working on the Avatar movies to help prepare the high-def transfers. While there still hasn’t been an official street date or announcement, True Lies actress/geek icon Eliza Dushku mentioned on BBC America’s The Nerdist that she had recently worked on the True Lies Blu-ray. Well, if True Lies is indeed in the works, it stands to reason The Abyss probably is too. Especially since The Abyss will celebrate its 25th anniversary in 2014, and movie studios do so love an anniversary-timed home video release

I definitely agree, excellent movie and is part of my collection. I also have read the book based of off the movie and if you read the book after watching the movie, it explains how it all happens and why.

Small cliff note: In the book, ET screws up underwater when he entered it from outer space and forgets to slow down dramatically and KO's the sub with massive overpressure..

I've never seen The Abyss but will obtain a copy forthwith after your recommendations.

Did I hear that there may be a new Avatar movie in the system?

Something to look forward to.

Supposedly another Avatar and another Prometheus...woohoo :)

• Like 1

I've never seen The Abyss but will obtain a copy forthwith after your recommendations.

sceadu

it is one of Cameron" best pictures .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCcd5DY9Yrw

Looks like it will hit the screens late 2014 or early 2015 . shit i remember when we were all scared about the 2000 bug.

Supposedly another Avatar and another Prometheus...woohoo smile.png

Garry

Prometheus Rumour is that too will be release in 2015

• Like 1

GRUDGE MATCH

Warner Bros. Pictures' Grudge Match stars award-winning movie legends Oscar® winner Robert De Niro (Raging Bull, Silver Linings Playbook) and Oscar® nominee Sylvester Stallone (the Rocky films, The Expendables) as old boxing rivals who come out of retirement for one final match. Peter Segal (Get Smart) directs the comedy.

In Grudge Match, De Niro and Stallone play Billy "The Kid” McDonnen and Henry “Razor” Sharp, two local Pittsburgh fighters whose fierce rivalry put them in the national spotlight. Each had scored a victory against the other during their heyday, but in 1983, on the eve oftheir decisive third match, Razor suddenly announced his retirement, refusing to explain why but effectively delivering a knock-out punch to both their careers. Thirty years later, boxing promoter Dante Slate Jr., seeing big dollar signs, makes them an offer they can't refuse: to re-enter the ring and settle the score once and for all.

But they may not have to wait that long: on their first encounter in decades, their long-festering feud erupts into an unintentionally hilarious melee that instantly goes viral. The sudden social media frenzy transforms their local grudge match into a must-see HBO event. Now, if they can just survive the training, they may actually live to fight again. Released in late December

Supposedly another Avatar and another Prometheus...woohoo Posted Image

Garry

And 2016 for Avatar, but I hope not that late

Supposedly another Avatar and another Prometheus...woohoo smile.png

Garry

And 2016 for Avatar, but I hope not that late

Gary

I read it will be 2015 .... Anyway what is a year these days ....

Edited by kevvy

Trend Setters

TV series Ray Donovon

From IMDB: Ray Donovan, a professional "fixer" for the rich and famous in LA, can make anyone's
problems disappear except those created by his own family.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249007/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A really good first series. For me, one of the finds of the year.

Do yourself a favour and have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPeIeWqm0jc

I watched The Abyss yesterday, it had it's moments but the ending was a bit corny.

On a personal ranking scale I'd give it 7/10 as opposed to nines for Avatar and Alien.

I suppose it shows that we all like different things in a movie or TV shows.

I'm currently in mourning after watching the last episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet.

Jimmy Nail is an amazing comic talent, I have his Spender series to watch later.