Movies I Want To See

Garry

Don't know whether it's an error or database update still required with my Major Cineplex app, but The Hobbit 2 doesn't look destined for Chiang Rai, but is showing in Chiang Mai now.

Sent from my SM-T211 using Tapatalk 4

Just finished a BBC series called Peaky Blinders, which is about

gangsters in Birmingham in the 1920's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2442560/?ref_=nv_sr_1

A really good show. If you like Boardwalk Empire, you will

like this one as IMO, it's a lot better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM12mcTEI88

Thanks for posting that. It looks great, I hadn't heard of it and will watch it this week.

• Like 1

12 YEARS A SLAVE .

What a great movie .Solomon Northrup and his family have a good life in upstate new york.Tricked into going down to Washington, to play the violin for a pair of circus tramps, Solomon is drugged and sold into slavery he wakes up one morning in shackles.

What follows is a journey of some twelve years , tracing Solomon’s travels from plantation to plantation, owner to owner. Consistently broken down, Solomon’s quest to hold on to his humanity is a very moving one, even as it’s also upsetting.Some of the most disturbing scenes in the film are delivered in a relentlessly manner, with the camera hovering over shots long after they’ve already done their work. Even in moments of extreme pain, the craftsmanship of Steve McQueen and director of photography Sean Bobbitt’s is staggering . Excellent performances beautifully shot, , very intensely moving film .

Plainly speaking, some people will be upset at the violence , but that’s the entire point of the film.

FlIm of the year or close to it.

Please do yourself a favour and watch this intense film.

kevvy

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

You can download screeners for the hobbit , 12 yrs a slave and American Hustle.

Have it agree that hobbit sucks though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said waiting for blu ray .Everyone has different taste in film .

Tastes certainly differ, I like LOR and enjoyed the first of The Hobbit.

My mate loathes them and says the best movies ever made are Resident Evil series.

Personally, given the choice between watching them and getting a root canal off an Indian sidewalk dentist I'd struggle with the decision.

But do I insult other people's tastes in cinema? cool.png

Edited by sceadugenga
  • Like 2

This apears to be the most anticipated movie for 2014..

Godzilla

Release Date: May 16, 2014

Director: Gareth Edwards

Cast: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins

an all-star cast and amazing special effects – not to mention a variety of monsters for Godzilla to battle – we’re most excited about the return of Godzilla to the big screen.

http://screenrant.com/godzilla-trailer-teaser-2013/

kevvy

Edited by kevvy
  • Like 1

Scea

Watched this last night in blu Ray.

Gravity ...

It lost me . The opening minutes which displays three astronauts at work during a beautiful but dangerous spacewalk was inspiring. My mind thought of what was going to happen next . I quickly began to worry that this film was going to narrow into a predictable marathon of disasters, a reaction of explosions and malfunctions and crises. While race against the astronauts to fix things and their survival. Having experienced so many films like this, I began settling in merely to waited till it finished.I’m just saying that I found it disappointing.

The effects in the film were mind blowering , but the whole story line had alot of holes in it.

Quote.

"Gravity" has been hailed as a cinematic masterpiece, a movie that can lift audiences up while remaining grounded in humanity. A consensus critical darling and surefire Oscar contender, it's the rare movie that transcends hype, drawing audiences by word of mouth, until they all agree ...

"What are you all on? This movie was awful,"