Thai Degree In The Usa?

Bates

Hello all,

question... can a Thai with a medicin degree in Thailand work as a doctor in the USA? I know this is not possible in Belgium, but I was wondering if it is possible in the US? Maybe they have some deal with Thailand or the law is not so strict there..

Thnx in advance

Bates :o

i know for sure you can, i met a doctor from thailand who was working in new york city... i think he was on a special program through his school though.

Excellent ! Thanks for giving me some hope again :D

We had 2 options:

1. I moved to Thailand so my gf could work as doctor in Thailand, but I would

have to go through all the visa troubles.. + where the ###### could I find a job?

I'm only 24 years old :o

2. She moves to Belgium and enjoys the wonderfull life here, but then again

her degree would not be valid in Belgium.. gone are the 6 years of study..

So my idea now is to get her into Belgium, give her belgian nationality and then immigrate to the USA. Easy for me for finding a job + no problems with the visa and me and her are Belgian :D

Hope this works ..

Cheers

Sure, anyone with a non-u.s. medical degree can practice medicine in the u.s., however, they must first pass the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE)!!! In other words, a non-u.s. medical degree does give you the right nor does it garantee that you will be allowed to practice in the u.s. Just google it for yourself although i know this to be fact since i know non-u.s. doctors who have undergone the process... the test is difficult, costly, and time consuming. Don't forget there's other criteria to pass in order just to live in the u.s.

3 different Thai doctors I've spoken with in Bangkok became doctors in the States.

All three were sent there through a Chulalongkorn grant.

My buddy, a dentist, knows a few foreign dentists that do lab work because their degrees don't qualify.

I know a couple Vietnamese doctors who found it easier to become phamacists.

I wouldn't breath a sigh of relief quite yet.

It would be foolish to make plans for your future based on TV members information on this matter. In the US you need a license to practice medicine. Contact the licensing agency (I believe it will be a State agency, not a Federal agency) and they will have all of the correct information on this matter...guaranteed.

• 2 weeks later...
It would be foolish to make plans for your future based on TV members information on this matter.  In the US you need a license to practice medicine.  Contact the licensing agency (I believe it will be a State agency, not a Federal agency) and they will have all of the correct information on this matter...guaranteed.

Thanks for the info.. but atleast I know there is a way out !

Cheers