Income Statement From Us Embassy For Retirement Visa

I am thinking about changing my tourist visa to a retirement visa. Regarding the income requirement, will a statement from the US embassy regarding my income be enough to meet this requirement. I understand that 800,000 baht deposited in a Thai bank or 65,000 per month income is required. I am from the US.

Anything I need to be aware of ???

Normally it is enough, but immigration can and sometimes ask for additional proof of income besides the embassy declaration.

Note that you can also use a combination of yearly income and money in the bank. In that case the money in the bank doesn't need to be seasoned.

It is a crime to make a false statement, both under US federal law and under Thai law.

Went and got my income affidavit today since I'm renewing my retirement extension of stay next week. I first made an online appointment (you don't have to, but it speeds things up), showed up for my 1pm appt, paid my 1650 Baht ($50) for the notarized income affidavit (it just increased from $30), and was out the door at about 1:15pm. If you decide to show up at the morning opening time or after lunch reopening time, please note there may be a long line outside waiting to get through security. The great majority of these folks will be Thai's trying to get some type of visa to the US; as an American you can go to the front of the line (or as the sign implies for Americans to form a second line right outside the security entrance)...this will greatly speed up you getting into the American Citizens Section to get your affidavit/whatever service you need. Pretty painless process other than just getting to the embassy due to the traffic today. Good luck.

Last year in Pattaya they were asking for proof to support the Embassy document however when I renewed my visa last week no such proof was requested. They were happy just with the Embassy document. Very painless procedure, my various documents were stamped, 1,900 baht paid and all over in five minutes. Returned the next day to collect my passport.

Last year in Pattaya they were asking for proof to support the Embassy document however when I renewed my visa last week no such proof was requested. They were happy just with the Embassy document. Very painless procedure, my various documents were stamped, 1,900 baht paid and all over in five minutes. Returned the next day to collect my passport.

Hi, Same thing happened to me in CM a year ago. First time in 12 years they ask for proof along with the affidavit from US Consulate. Fortunately I had docs with me. My wife and I just renewed again last month. I was prepared with two copies of three pension docs. She didn't ask so I ask her if she needed the proof, and she said, "No, the Consulate document was enough."

The other thing she told my wife is that every time they get a new boss, that boss wants them to require something different.

Do hope all you guys are also getting at least a single entry Re-Entry permit at the same time you get your one year extension. Never can tell when some unforeseen emergency will come up and you need to depart on a weekend when there's no way to get one.

Mac

Do hope all you guys are also getting at least a single entry Re-Entry permit at the same time you get your one year extension. Never can tell when some unforeseen emergency will come up and you need to depart on a weekend when there's no way to get one.

Mac

+1 :thumbsup:

Mac

I used to always get a muti entry at the same time and found past 2 years so only leaving 2-3 times a year so no more.

Now i apply for single and when i leave and return get a another. Does tend to fil up passport faster and now that the us embassy charges $80 for more pages might need to rethink this

Mac

I used to always get a muti entry at the same time and found past 2 years so only leaving 2-3 times a year so no more.

Now i apply for single and when i leave and return get a another. Does tend to fil up passport faster and now that the us embassy charges $80 for more pages might need to rethink this

To note, when obtaining a new US passport you can request a larger (more pages) version. Think mine will be OK prior to renewal, but I'm sure I'll request the larger one.