14 Day Window For 90 Day Report

Counting can be different in different cultures, depending on whether we count the first and or the last day of a time span. So, the question is, if Immigration required, for example, a report on the 31st of August, then one could do so anywhere from---and including-- the 24th of August, inclusive, of, ie, including the 7th of September. Is that a correct interpretation of "7 days before, and 7 days after"?... The question comes up, because I count only 88 days since my last 90 day report, and sometimes it is more or less than 88.. Therefore I want to be very careful about the 14 day window. Thanks!

1. The notification must be made within 7 days before or after the period of 90 days expires.
http://www.immigrati...php?page=90days
Some offices only give the 7 day grace period after the reporting date if you report in person, not when you reply by mail.

I guess this actually makes it a 15 day window versus 14 days. The 90th day plus 7 days before or 7 days after...a total of 15 days.

Edited by Pib

Jomtiem was very accommodating for my wife and I, she was 17 days late, I was 38 days early. I wanted us to both be able to go at same time and now we can. She was give 90 days with no late fine, I was give 90 days with no problem so now we can go together.

Edited by bob4you

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if this 7 day 'grace' period applies to all types of visa? I have seen it come up many times for retirement extensions, but not for working extensions.

One of my staff needs to report on 6th October, but will be offshore (although still in Thailand) from 20th Sept to 12th Oct.

If not, what are the implications for him?

Thanks for any advice.

Aliens have to report their address after 90 consecutive days in the Kingdom. No mater what the reason for their stay.

The fine is usually 2,000 Baht.

As said there is a window 7 days either side.

If he is back by 12th Oct he should just be ok.

Most offices accept reporting by mail or someone can do it on your behalf.