Weather Conditions By The Sea At Wet Season

Manicek

Hi all,

Having planned my 3 weeks trip to Thailand in September and October 2005 and although there is wet season in this country at this period please

recommend me and rate which of below mentioned areas is driest and thus the best for spending holiday on beach.

It concerns of these areas:

1.Phuket, Krabi(Andaman sea)

2. Koh Samui, Koh Phangan

3. Hua Hin

4. Koh Samet

5. Koh Chang(Trat county)

Thanks for your help.

The weather could be very wet in any location or if your lucky you may well get some longer dry sunny periods.Who knows not even the weathermen.Every year is a bit different.Thats why we get droughts and heatwaves.Look in a crystal ball!!

Weather is not something that can be predicted with great accuracy that far in advance. Though I don't doubt someone will recommend somewhere on your list.

It's all crap weather-wise that time of year unfortunately...I wouldn't like comit, but Samui will have less rain than Phuket. Hua Hin and Koh Samet will offer less alternatives when it's persisting down :o

Be careful around Patong, Phuket. I swam quite a lot on Surin beach but the waves kept trying to pull you out... One guy, a diver, had to be rescued and he was only 5 meters farther out than I was, he almost did not make it . The lifeguards said it's not safe this time of year. Red flags were out on the beach every day.

The weather could be very wet in any location or if your lucky you may well get some longer dry sunny periods.Who knows not even the weathermen.Every year is a bit different.Thats why we get droughts and heatwaves.Look in a crystal ball!!

Weather is not something that can be predicted with great accuracy that far in advance. Though I don't doubt someone will recommend somewhere on your list.

:o

H3ll, I wouldn't ask you which horse to back :D

Hi all,

Having planned my 3 weeks trip to Thailand in September and October 2005 and although there is wet season in this country at this period please

recommend me and rate which of below mentioned areas is driest and thus the best for spending holiday on beach.

It concerns of these areas:

1.Phuket, Krabi(Andaman sea)

2. Koh Samui, Koh Phangan

3. Hua Hin

4. Koh Samet

5. Koh Chang(Trat county)

Thanks for your help.

Historically Hua Hin is the area with least rainfall at this time. Don't compare rainfall with best for beach, as most of the rainfall in September/October last year was during afternoon thunderstorms.OK if you want to go on the beach in the morning and drink and snooze in the afternoon, like me.

:D:o