Jewish New Year'S Service In English

realthaideal

Hey all. I have some friends over at the Chabad house on Changklan. They're sort of the umbrella group for alot of/ any Jewish activities that take place in this city - if you didn't know. The new Rabbi, Yossi (been there a year or so) is trying to make it more of a welcoming place for all of the members of the CM community, Jewish, used to be Jewish, kinda Jewish, and the Jewish-Curious. This also involves making those of us who are English speaking feel more included in activities. Whereas in the past most everything was all in Hebrew, they're trying to branch out now. So......

Tomorrow night, for the Jewish New Year, which begins at Sundown, approx 6pm, there's gonna be a separate English service held for native Eng speakers, and a separate one held for all those comfortably fluent in Hebrew. Everybody's free to go between if you like. Afterwards everyone gets to hear the shofar, and then join in a meal to celebrate the new year together at the hotel.

For more information about this event and the suggested donation (for renting out of the hotel facilities n food for the meal), either stop by on ChangKlan, or drop the guys an email asap. Reservations are nice so they can prepare enough food. But if you can't mange to in time.... just turn up at the Dunagtawan at the end of Loi Kroh where it hits the Night Bazaar tmw night, Wed's., at about 5:30 pm so things can get going on time. More info: contact Mendie and Peretz - jewishthailand@gmaildotcom

Happy and Sweet New Year to All !

And if you didn't know... they've also been doing cool events like non-religious community get-together eat-n-schmooze things. Also interfaith sabbath meals with a bunch of monks (like 20 at a time!) coming along to visit and share. So... a cool new approach to working with the local community.

• Like 1

PunPun, I'm betting Yoshi n Yossi are different tribes, but equally fond of sushi.

Nice meeting you last night, just wanted you give you my contact info before I forgot. Get in touch sometime if you have anything happening.

Jonathan

XXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Please PM for Email address.

Edited by Rooo
Removed personal Email address for privacy reasons, as per forum rules. Rooo.