Excellent New Roast Duck Noodle Shop

Jimmyd

I love roast duck, and so I'm quite happy to report there is a new noodle stall in town for duck lovers like myself. Apparently they get their ducks from chinatown in Bangkok. I've had the duck on dry wheat noodles (ba mee haeng ped) a couple times, and have been very happy with the taste, price and serving size. They also do things like duck stir-fried with holy basil (pad grapao ped) and duck noodle soup in it's various incarnations (kuaytieow).

They just got started and already have customers. I'm not sure about the hours, but they were still open last night about 9:30 pm when I passed by. Perhaps I'll chat with them and post their hours in this thread later.

It's a small place, open to the elements so don't expect table cloths and elegant chairs. It's obviously great for take-away.

Directions: It's on Third road opposite Exzyte disco, a few meters north of the Third-Road entrance to Cherry's restaurant. It's on the corner of a small soi that goes through to Soi Bongkot--an Indian restaurant that never has customers is on the other corner (Taj).

You can see it on the Mapjack link below (the Mapjack picture was taken before the restaurant opened in its latest incarnation). It's the restaurant on the corner with the blue tiled roof.

http://www.mapjack.com/?t5uRUjqskcDDJDgA

Edited by Jimmyd
  • Like 1