Monk(S) In The Business Class

Lammbock

Guys,

I guess i am in the wrong business cause if i would like an upgrade at Thai Air into the Business Class i must have a lot of miles on my acc.

But those Monks get treated like Buddha him self walk into the plane. :lol:

The air hostess totally getting crazy and will do anything to make the Monk(s) happy. No matter what evan if it means not to serve the other guest on board.

I believe Monks don't have a Thai Air Gold Card or any Miles on any acc???? <_<

Happens sometime if you come into Thailand from a nearby country like Singapore or Hong Kong.

Always with them some kind of a Tour guide or what ever. Ofcourse in most cases he is g_y.

Really "pushy" to the air waitress so the Monk(s) get the Food, Drink ect at first. THAN the others.

Hahhaa...what a circus those groups.

****Don't get this post of mine in the wrong way. It just amuses me to see this show on a plane*****

Best Regards, :jap:

Lammbock

:rolleyes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofcourse in most cases he is g_y

Why of course?

The air hostess totally getting crazy and will do anything to make the Monk(s) happy

What's wrong with that? Having a direct line to the powers that be might not be wrong 30,000 feet above the earth :jap:

Oh oh, someone is jealous…

I fully understand that Thai Airways staff shows respect for the Monks by offering them a seat in Business Class if possible. You should be happy for the Monk.

Note to CHdiver: Dont dress in a monks robe or act as a monk in Thailand since this is illegal.

A monk in our village regularly pulls up in a new black pick-up in front of the village shop.

Last Thursday I was in a 7-11 at 8.00 pm and a monk bought 2 chicken pies, 3 sandwiches, a loaf of bread and a bottle of coke.

The Thais say nothing though, so I resist sticking my oar in.

Edited by bannork

snip

The air hostess totally getting crazy and will do anything to make the Monk(s) happy.

snap

Note to myself, buy a fake Monk Robe before the next flight with Thai Air.....

Don't forget to shave your hair (unless you already do) and travel without luggage as monks only carry a small shoulder bag.

"The air hostess totally getting crazy and will do anything to make the Monk(s) happy." ANYTHING?

Getting on the BTS one day a monk got on and there was a game of musical chairs so that the seated monk wouldn't have to sit next to any women, lest he touched someone.

It fell to a young and confused male farang tourist to move his spot to sit next to the monk.

My mum explained to the tourist: "Monks aren't allowed to touch women......they are only allowed to sleep with them".

She had immediate surrounding passengers in stiches.

• Like 1

I fully understand that Thai Airways staff shows respect for the Monks by offering them a seat in Business Class if possible. You should be happy for the Monk.

Note to CHdiver: Dont dress in a monks robe or act as a monk in Thailand since this is illegal.

Note to myself, change in/out of Robe Airside of the Airport :ph34r:

Note to myself, change in/out of Robe Airside of the Airport :ph34r:

:lol:

Really "pushy" to the air waitress so the Monk(s) get the Food, Drink ect at first

One hopes that these flights are in the morning - I would be rather surprised to see 'real' monks eating in the afternoon/evening.

It was the 6pm flight from HK to Bkk.

Edited by Lammbock

Really "pushy" to the air waitress so the Monk(s) get the Food, Drink ect at first

One hopes that these flights are in the morning - I would be rather surprised to see 'real' monks eating in the afternoon/evening.

Must have been before noon in some time zone.

I was on a flight to the US where a Thai monk was seated in between two women. I told the flight attendant about the problem and they moved him around. Guess they told him I had interceded on his behalf because as he was moved he turned and smiled very nicely at me.

but i guess this is a negative complaining thread instead so maybe I'd better think of some other story to tell.

Yeah, it's a shock/surprise when you come from a country where there is a greater separation of "church and state." However Thailand is essentially a "Buddhist country," and it comes just about as close as possible to a "state religion" without it technically being so. As a result you see all the trappings of a state religion (preferential treatment of religious figures, intermixing of religious/political resources in the community, etc.)

Believe it or not, 100 years ago and longer, Christian ministers also received this same type of preferential treatment in western countries (the USA, where Protestant Christianity was the de facto state religion, where the local minister was usually also the school teacher), and the U.K. which has an actual state religion.

Nothing really new. Just new to you. ;)

Edited by Fookhaht
  • Like 1

Ah OK, so they were fake monks then.

I actually see a huge number of fake monks in Thailand. They may wear saffron robes and purport to be 'real' monks, but their actions demonstrate very clearly that they are fakes.

The color of your clothes that you wear does not change what you really are inside

Simon

(waiting for the flames...)

There is a list (possibly secret/unofficial) of who gets priority for upgrades.. Naturally royalty come first, but I know monks are on there.. I suspect Thai military officers/govt officials are as well.

I'll need to dig on Flyertalk to find the list.

Wish I was on it as I'm on a waitlist for a free upgrade at xmas.

Frankly I am surprised that so many people still use Thai Air. They have old aircraft, the worst staff I have ever encountered *ever* and their safety record is nothing to write home about. They are not even good value for money!

Putting monks into business class is frankly ridiculous, and if I was a regular customer I would be furious. They probably don't even pay the full economy fare.

As for the OP making a comment about the sexual nature of tour guides - well, that just about sums up the mentality of this poster.

Good luck to people who still think that Thai is a good airline, why don't you buy some shares - they are on sale 16 - 17 of this month, and will help to alleviate Thai Airs absolutely HUGE debt, from years of gross mismanagement and graft. jap.gif

I was on a flight to the US where a Thai monk was seated in between two women. I told the flight attendant about the problem and they moved him around. Guess they told him I had interceded on his behalf because as he was moved he turned and smiled very nicely at me.

but i guess this is a negative complaining thread instead so maybe I'd better think of some other story to tell.

The one my Thai friend told me about the abbot who bought an Isuzu Mu-7 Platinum cash from her dealership last week with temple donations is a good one.

Or the one where the monks were chanting at my BILs funeral at Wat Nong Wang in KK and the 2 monks either side of the abbot were having a right old giggle together. They only had the temerity to shut up when they saw me staring at them.

If the monastic authorities were more careful about who they accepted as monks, they would be more worthy of respect. There are many very good/honest monks... but there are also many who are nothing better than parasites.

The first sensible statement on this thread. . Well said Isanbirder!

Getting on the BTS one day a monk got on and there was a game of musical chairs so that the seated monk wouldn't have to sit next to any women, lest he touched someone.

It fell to a young and confused male farang tourist to move his spot to sit next to the monk.

My mum explained to the tourist: "Monks aren't allowed to touch women......they are only allowed to sleep with them".

She had immediate surrounding passengers in stiches.

Please give my regards to your mum. thumbsup.gif

Did I miss it or is it stated somewhere in this thread that the monk in the OP got a free upgrade to business class?

Who's to say that the person who bought the ticket didn't buy a business class ticket?!?

...cause they was first seated in EC. The plane wasn't really full and nether the BC. B)

Did I miss it or is it stated somewhere in this thread that the monk in the OP got a free upgrade to business class?

Who's to say that the person who bought the ticket didn't buy a business class ticket?!?

...cause they was first seated in EC. The plane wasn't really full and nether the BC. B)

Good you cleared that up as the OP did not mention it.

How often does this happen? SBK's post hasn't mentioned this behaviour and I haven't seen it myself. Maybe is very infrequent and you are just lucky?

It's a common complaint about people being moved forward in flight. Often it's self important types who harass the cabin crew and get their way.. It sometimes happens at check in, but only at the BKK end. Only works for Thais though.

Note to myself, buy a fake Monk Robe before the next flight with Thai Air.....

Don't forget to shave your hair (unless you already do) and travel without luggage as monks only carry a small shoulder bag.

Eyebrows need to be shaved too, or people will just assume you have been in prison!!

Which is where you may end up for impersonating a monk.