Bank Transfer Problem

BulldogUK

Hi all, I have been a member on here before but lost all my details OOOPS !!

My problem is that I was over in Thailand a few years ago on holiday and was in the process of buying property out there of which I had to give it up due to other financial problems at home at the time. I had sent money over to my Kasikornbank account to pay my installments and that money is still in the account, I now want to get my hands on that money and need to know the best way of retrieving it.

I have tried on numerous occasions to contact my Thailand bank, but only have the head office contact details. When I try to get the information from them for the bank I am actually with in Pattaya, they say I will have to call in to the branch which is not possible as I am in the UK.

This is so frustrating and need to know if there is any other way I could get the money back into my UK bank account. Its trying to hold of the branch thats more frustrating all I would need was an email address so I could deal directly with the branch I hold the account with and not having to waste time and money on phone calls chatting to someone in their head office in Bangkok who just say I need to "CALL IN" after I have told them that I am in the UK.

Thanks in advance

Any info would be much appreciated.

confused.gifconfused.gif

You say a few years ago? In my experience you would have an inactive account. Account become dormant after no activity for one year. You will need to reactivate this account by a deposit or a with draw. If you have any descent amount of monies in this account it looks like a trip back to the LOS. The bank is going to want to see your bank book and your passport.

Nothing to do with kasikorn bank, but i had an account in BKK bank and it was inactive for about 15 years. Went to the bank, to see if the account was still active, and surprise, surprise, it was still active and had accumulated a lot of interest. So not sure what the rules are here, maybe every bank is different, but in my case, i had very good luck.

Thanks for your replies guys I will look up on the links you have sent and hopefully get something sorted, if not maybe a trip is in order. :rolleyes:

Tricky.

Perhaps if you let me have your passport and bank book I could go in for you.

Erm thanks, but no thanks I was looking to see if I could transfer it online or some other means.

:cheesy:

Edited by BulldogUK

Any funds that are wired into a Thai bank account; can also be wired back out. You just have to show them your bank book.

In addition, you can wire out up to $20,000 US anytime you want. They will ask you the reason you want to do it and your must say (Family Support).

You also must be at the bank to do the wires. It is always best to use the branch that set up your bank account. Hope that helps.

Correct, overseas wires in Thailand have to be done in person, due to Bank Of Thailand regulations.

Passport has to be shown and a form of the BoT filled out.

Even if you have online banking, you still have to go in the bank to sign paperwork before you can send overseas transfers on-line.

Even if you have online banking, you still have to go in the bank to sign paperwork before you can send overseas transfers on-line.

Is there a monetry limit requiring signed paperwork ?

Reason I ask is I have my AUS bank account linked to my Kbank account and I transfer money out online fairly often (Thailand to Aus), albeit not in large quantities though.

Edited by Spoonman

I have an account with the Siam Commercial bank and after not using it for one year i've just been charged 50 baht a month multiplied by twelve month (600 baht) for what they describe as a non usage payment.

The bank has now frozen the account awaiting me calling into the branch which i will do this coming week.

A case of if i wasn't here how the hel_l could i un-freeze the account?

Amazing Thailand indeed!!

... the bank I am actually with in Pattaya, they say I will have to call in to the branch which is not possible as I am in the UK.

Surely if you speak really loud even the phones in UK will reach Pattaya.

And if that doesn't work they have a representative's office in UK

Type: Representative Office

Address: Level 6, City Tower, 40 Basinghall Street, London EC2V 5DE, England.

Tel: (44) (207) 588-9868

Fax: (44) (207) 588-9902

E-mail:[email protected]

... although looking at the email address, they may think they are still called Thai Farmers Bank.

I thought if account not used for 12 months it gets closed. However this is only if balance is below 2,000 baht. At least that's what SCB told me for their accounts. If 2,000 baht or over as in this case then should still be open - also if operations are the same at your bank

I thought if account not used for 12 months it gets closed. However this is only if balance is below 2,000 baht. At least that's what SCB told me for their accounts. If 2,000 baht or over as in this case then should still be open - also if operations are the same at your bank

If they take out 600 Baht a year for 'non-usage' a balance could soon drop below 2,000 baht.

Ive been in contact with the bank via email and they are so stupid I have explained that I am now living in the UK and they still say the only way I can get to my money is to "call into the branch with my passbook and passport" this is so ridiculous with the technology in the world today.

They have copies of my passport on file and I have said to them that I will send a copy of the passport and passbook and they can match them up but no thats to easy for them.

Thanks for your help anyways and might have to call over.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Ive been in contact with the bank via email and they are so stupid I have explained that I am now living in the UK and they still say the only way I can get to my money is to "call into the branch with my passbook and passport" this is so ridiculous with the technology in the world today.

They have copies of my passport on file and I have said to them that I will send a copy of the passport and passbook and they can match them up but no thats to easy for them.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Why is it stupid ??

Infact I think they are doing their best to protect you and your money, anyone can send a copy of a passport and pretend to be you and whoooooosh your money is gooooone...... then I reckon you would be on a plane demanding answers.

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Why is it stupid ??

Infact I think they are doing their best to protect you and your money, anyone can send a copy of a passport and pretend to be you and whoooooosh your money is gooooone...... then I reckon you would be on a plane demanding answers.

You're probably right. When I bought my first condo I had to fly in to Bangkok from Jeddah for the day to sign the transfer of money to the sellers account. The bank manager told me it was because they had made a transfer before based on a letter and the account owner claimed it was a forgery so now all transactions have to be in person.