Is There A Dutch/Foreign Doctor In Chiang Mai ? Old Mum Her Condition Getting Worse

bangkokcitylimits

Living here with 80 y.o. mum, she's getting older (and 2 tia's in the past back home) since 3 months she can't walk anymore. Not sure if going back home is a very good idea, seen her fragile condition. Back home in a carehome they won't have much 'personal' time for her, and it all may be very confusing for her, too old to adapt to strange situation, 'never move an old tree' etc. She has a good 24/7 caretaker from Burma, and an extra one in the morning, but we all know the level here. But at least she has her freedom to live the way she like, getting full time care etc and stay with her son and dogs.

I would like to have a western (prefer Dutch) doctor e.g. someone who is retired and living here, have a look at her and tell me what I may expect for the future, how much worse eventually she can get ? From what point things eventually could become very serious and not being handled anymore by a non-professional ? A serious complication is that due to a stupid mistakes by our Dutch insurance company we both lost our health insurance, and mum can't get a new one seen her age. Beside this the low euro/rising bath that becomes a hard one too, like for many. So a professional view on mum her mental/physical condition is needed, and may help me decide to stay here or, for better or for worse, go back 'home'.

Thanks.

In Chiang Mai there are many good doctors and can speak good English , and if you prefer doctor who can speak Dutch may be difficult but other advice is you can try to find a good Thai doctor then ask someone to translate to you or your Mam in Dutch as you prefer will be easier than find doctor who can speak Dutch.

I do not know that is a good idea to bring your mother back, for me many times I would like to bring my friend (she is same my family and almost 80 years old) to Chiang Mai she speak Dutch and also English but she is too facile (I mean her health is not good) and handicap, she know herself good that she can not go anywhere because everymoment she can have serious problem with her health

I am not a doctor or nurse but you never know; may be I can help or do something for you( such as : give advice, translate in Dutch, find and talk with doctor,...no cost)but first if possible I would like to know more detail about sickness that your mother have it, I think better if you send me PM.