Where To Buy Well Hung / Matured Beef?

homeless007

Easily sorted.

The best meat {only has Beef} is from a butchers shop on Pattaya central road, it’s located between Carefor and Food lands on the same side.

All the cattle are corn fed for 1 year and Chill hung for 21 days.

This is just as it is supposed to be done.

Absolutely superb taste. :P

Also it’s at good price. :clap2:

I would like to commend all the obviously mature, intellectually inclined posters in the Pattaya section of Thai Visa for not stooping to infantile comments directed at the title of the thread.

In another, less mature forum a poster may have mentioned (I'm pointing this out for purely intellectual curiosity) the 'well hung beef' on offer in some of the less reputable areas of our fair city.

So well done my fellow maturites of Pattaya!

Easily sorted.

The best meat {only has Beef} is from a butchers shop on Pattaya central road, it’s located between Carefor and Food lands on the same side.

Also it’s at good price. :clap2:

Very limited selection. And extremely expensive. We went there last week and was not impressed.

Easily sorted.

The best meat {only has Beef} is from a butchers shop on Pattaya central road, it's located between Carefor and Food lands on the same side.

Also it's at good price. :clap2:

Very limited selection. And extremely expensive. We went there last week and was not impressed.

Darn! So it's not so easily sorted...

Since coming to Pattaya, I've rarely (beef) steak at restaurants maybe 3 times. Made them at home about 5-6 times. To me, this is not an easy Western food to recreate in Pattaya, at least at a reasonable price, always too chewy or bland. Reading this thread made me wanna try again...

So, I went to Friendship yesterday and bought 2 medium size Thai rib eye steaks. Color looked right, decent marbling & fat kernel, and very affordable; think I only paid about 90 baht for the 2. Anyway, after getting home, I pounded them down a bit with the pointiest side of the meat mallet, then marinated one in vinaigrette, and the other in nam pla, garlic & black pepper (you can guess whose was whose) for about 3 hours. Then broiled them under the oven's top heat element, a few minutes per side. To give the steaks their best chance at tenderness, I let 'em rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Results:

Taste- 6.5 edible, but not memorable

Tenderness- 6.5 reasonably tender with some chewier spots

Overall impression: still looking for a good-tasting, reasonably-priced steak somewhere/anywhere in Pattaya.

:wai:

My friend cooked some steaks from Makro a few weeks ago. So, we went and got the best NZ rib eye we could get. It was just fair...

I did see a friend who bought some ribs at Friendship and they looked, and tasted, great. Better than what we have gotten at Makro for sure.

I keep hearing about this Western Wholesale place...have to try that for sure!

My friend cooked some steaks from Makro a few weeks ago. So, we went and got the best NZ rib eye we could get. It was just fair...

I did see a friend who bought some ribs at Friendship and they looked, and tasted, great. Better than what we have gotten at Makro for sure.

I agree, me too. My next step may be to Western to try their: Rib eye, dry aged, @ 450 baht/ kilo. But, I have 1 question: does all cryovac-packed meat have the same funky smell (throughout) that the cryovaced lamb I bought at Makro had? Or. is that particular to lamb? I read about soaking the meat in milk to remove the funkidity, too. Any cryovacular comments?

I agree, me too. My next step may be to Western to try their: Rib eye, dry aged, @ 450 baht/ kilo. But, I have 1 question: does all cryovac-packed meat have the same funky smell (throughout) that the cryovaced lamb I bought at Makro had? Or. is that particular to lamb? I read about soaking the meat in milk to remove the funkidity, too. Any cryovacular comments?

T-bones & New york strip is very tasty at Makro. You should ask the butcher if you go there for his better cut of t- bone. They have 2 varieties from Thailand . The one on display is a # 2 cut. What they have behind the counter is the #1 cuts. & They are the same price as the other cuts.and it is cheaper than most farang markets. I only shop there now when I come to Pattaya for food stocks. Carrefoure is 2-3 times more expensive & Foodland & Friendship are hit & miss.

Edited by Beardog

i went to a place about a year ago which had fantastic hung steaks which were guaranteed hung for 28 days

it was a small restaurant on the edge of a farm in a quiet village and served with chips------------proper ones----------and veg

there were three bars in the village or was it bears no it was bars and i stayed overnight in a small hotel

i can sort the number if you wish and next time you are in bridlington you could go there and eat