Tot You Are Crap

Mosha

Have you actually visited the TOT office to complain?

Many years ago I had problems, it was with Dialup, the line would drop

before the handshake had completed.

I went to the office and asked to speak to the manager.

I had to press the point, but they did take the matter on board

and put a Print Meter Checker on the line, giving details of every call,

number and duration. This showed the problem was real, and it was dealt with.

I also received a rebate for all the calls that had aborted.

Yes it is a very different problem, but it shows TOT can be responsive if you get in

at the right level. :thumbsup:

Thats really good advice.

I stood inside my old local TOT office for hours basically refusing to accept their hollow stories and eventually they got sick of us annoying them & came around & fixed one of the problems.

Having said that, you seem to go from one problem to the next with that company & most the time you get really CRAP service, its virtually pointless calling the call centre.

They remind me of a phrase that we used to use at Syngenta Huddersfield. "Not fit for purpose" I tried another Speedtest but the line went down half way through :rolleyes:

Edit for spelling

Edited by Mosha

this is my speed at the moment

956612762.png

This is mine on a 3MB connection

956621136.png

Check your NIC settings (speed/duplex). PC's sometimes get it wrong on auto/auto and you'll get what you are seeing, decent download, poor upload.

Just a thought based on your readings. Decent ping time, too.

Tried on the other computer with latest Vista updates om. Just the same on there.

Just had a problem myself. DSL not connected.

Phoned TOT and 5 minuts later they call back and it's working again.

I'm in Pattaya on the 4mb service.

958117243.png

958118835.png

The in-country speed seems slow but outside is OK

I'm getting exactly the same stats. Had a problem a few days ago, so rang up the local office here. Had 2 guys out the next day. Not sure what they did, but it works great now.

Even in the US, where I think they have great service, things slow down from time to time. Especially on the weekends. So, I guess the same is to be expected here?

I was impressed with ToT's response. At my house in less than 24 hours and everything is just time....of course, with the normal slowdowns...

My friend has a VPN. If your willing to pay the bucks, I guess that is the way to go?

Well surprisingly even my 16Mb True is very slow today. With the Thai Visa speedtest to Bangkok I'm only getting 228ms/down 350kbps/up 410kbps.

I am getting under 1/32nd of the speed that I have paid for. I'll admit, since I bought the True connection this is the first time it has been particularly slow in over a month, but still - less than 3% of the actual service capacity is terribly bad.

I've had and still have Maxnet/3BB since 2006, which I might have well replaced with 2 Malee tin cans and some fishing wire.

I now have True, and this is the first time I've been disillusioned with it.

Bottom line, Thailand is a 3rd world country and definitely has a 3rd world internet infrastructure to go with it - although all the ISPs and networks like to pretend and posture as if they are the very best in the world. You're f*cked in Thailand - whichever way you turn IMO. Until this is fixed this country will continue to live in the veritable dark ages of telecommunications - something that now underpins all economically advanced nations' economies.... such a shame as it could progress at an exponential rate if things were made to work properly and self-serving money-grabbing bureaucrats and bureaucracy was eradicated from the scene.

Inherent corruption, poor materials and knowhow when installing lines, the reluctance to hire anyone other than incompetent Thais to do and oversee these jobs (you know they just pocket all the money for creating the network and make it half-arsed, have you seen the overground electricity here!?), very poor business practices (i.e. taking money and 100% failing to provide an acceptable level of service 100% of the time), absolutely no recourse for the customer to discuss and change things, staff on poor wages, uninformed/poorly taught robotic staff, incompetent line technicians, willingness to immediately pass the buck.... once all of these problems are eradicated from the ISPs/Telcos then there will be some headway. This is not going to happen ever! Face up to that now. It's never happened in Thai business, so it is never going to happen period. Either companies bleed their subscriber ship dry and lie to them constantly (as all ISPs currently do) or they do not survive in this landscape. We are simply the pawns in their game to getting ever richer and fatter - we have no voice.

No offence here, but an open letter on a forum for farangs is really utimately 100% ineffectual in its intended purpose and cause. I see what you're trying to do, but I really must ask - is there really any point. Sorry to be so defeatist, it's just from 5 or so years experience dealing with Thai businesses.

Equally so any emails that are sent to them are going to be 100% ineffectual. If they ever get them and the emails are not re-routed to Botswana due to them being unable to correctly build an infrastructure which is in line with the apparent modernity of the 'face' of the ISPs. Even if they do get it, it's not going to be read by the people is should be or is intended for, as it's in English. If it's in Thai it will 100% be discarded after the first sentence. You just know it will be.

There will be no changes set about by any actions we as farangs try - well not on a national or international level, definitely not. This is Thailand - the telco middle/dark ages.

+1

- I am with 3BB and it is up and down like a F***g YoYo :annoyed:

Edited by dsfbrit

+1

- I am with 3BB and it is up and down like a F***g YoYo :annoyed:

Just a quick update to this, since I wrote that rant (justified I think!) the True connection has been like an absolute dream. In total for 2 months usage I have 1 outage and 2 severe slowdowns. A gold star service if ever there was on in LOS!

In the intervening period I commented on another thread somewhere in the internet forum saying that I really think it's down to: location, location, location.

There seems to be people from all ISPs (True included) that are having problems from all over the country, even from the same cities, but in different parts.

All I can comment on is personal experience and from a viewpoint of living and working in Surat Thani.

Therefore, I have two words for you if you're in my area, or if you're looking for an alternative that may save you your hair and sanity : TRUE ONLINE!

They're aeons ahead of 3BB/TOT/et al.

I've done enough testing on it now and I can max out the connection and download upto ~1800 kbps, which I am VERY satisfied with.

Conversely I cannot even use my 16Mb 3BB after 3am. I've given up trying now. I'm going to see out my contract and get out of it as painlessly as possible, which seeing how difficult getting out of contracts is here, is probably akin to being on the receiving end of a randy elephant!

Maybe a bit of tea money in the 3BB boss' pocket might sweeten the deal. We shall see. I'll try and report back about my "getting-out-of-year-contract shenanigans".

Anyway, it cost me a fortune to find out True were the winners, but the internet is integral to me making a living. I had to bite the bullet or end up a farang khee nok and what would the neighbours say, eh?

Perhaps this way, some of you can load the gun yourselves instead of biting any bullets.

Mixed metaphors end here! :)

Edited by ManInSurat

Started playing up yesterday. eg uk MSN. I can get to the front page but not the news articles. Yesterday Thai visa would not load properly. At times couldn't access speedtest.net or when I could failed at checking latency

972222539.png

Tried to connect to the translated TOT complaints page, can't connect there.

Edited by Mosha

Started playing up yesterday. eg uk MSN. I can get to the front page but not the news articles. Yesterday Thai visa would not load properly. At times couldn't access speedtest.net or when I could failed at checking latency

972222539.png

Tried to connect to the translated TOT complaints page, can't connect there.

Here's my results to Songkhla at 7:15pm. I'm in Bangkok and on the TOT 4Mb/512Kb plan

972741603.png

OK after hours of frustration My wife called them on thursday. The connection was slow. Getting Network Error pages a lot. They promise to come on friday it. Within minutes it's running normally. It runs great for the rest of the day and yesterday. Yesterday while in the shower the phone went. My wife calls out it's TIT. Tell them it's working but slow again. They say ok we won't come out then. Today back to the same old crap. Up down sometimes off for 20 - 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...