Definitive Requirements Of A 12 Month Extension Of Stay.

Definitive requirements of a 12 month extension of stay for retirement (it is not a visa).

At the risk of repeating previous threads I have correlated what is currently available on line - September 2010.

Just how many times have you gone for a 12 month extension of stay for retirement and ommited at least one of the current requirements.

This whole purpose of this thread if it's faithfully updated, is to give you that very opportunity:

One passport-sized photos (4 x 6 cm)

Passport

Departure Card TM.6

Current 90 day reporting certificate

Thai Savings Account Bank Book

A fee of 1,900 Baht.

Submit Form TM.7 duly completed, the Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom.

A hand drawn map to your residence. Google maps (or similar) will NOT be accepted(rarely requested).

A copy of every page of your savings account bank book, solely in your name, showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 800,000 Baht as shown in the account for the complete past 3 months ( 90 days ) at the filing date of the application.

Or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required.

Current fee charged by the Bank 200 Baht.

A copy of all the following pages in your valid Passport:

Copies of every page.

Copy of passport ‘information’ page.

NOTE: Any photocopies must have your original signature on them.

Supporting document for proof of residence - an original copy of your Lease / Rental Agreement(rarely requested).

At any and all times such permissions are granted at the discretion of the IMM officer and they do not have to have a reason to deny extension of stay.

Those qualified persons can obtain an additional one year stay permit counting from the date of entry in the Kingdom pertaining to the Office of the Immigration Bureau's regulations on extension of stay.

The extension of stay is at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

Not to risk their wrath that you might be presenting them with a perfect application, it might be best to keep your photograph in your shirt pocket, and present it after it has been discovered missing.

Copies of every page.

I think you only need to copy the pages that have current extention and entry stamp into Thailand.

If you're doing this at Chaeng Wattana, they will want the savings account bank book updated the day of application. This is no problem as there are bank branch offices in the basement as well as places to make a copy of the updated bank book.

At the end, if the application is successful, apply for sinle/multi-entry re-entry visa before leaving immigration.

Good post, thank you, and I like your photos in the pocket, just to see if they think that they are missing something?

At Chaeng Wattana, they will not issue a queue ticket unless the application has the photo attached and the application is signed by the applicant.

"Definitive Requirements"? You're new here, aren't you? :D

Sorry, couldn't resist. But it is well documented (if you have a few weeks to scroll through past forum messages) that requirements vary from office to office, and officer to officer, and sometimes with same office/officer from day to day.

But, you are on the right track. This is the best place I know of to get the latest requirements and procedures. It does help a bit if you mention in which area of Thailand you are, so the answers can be tailor made for your particular Immigrations office. <hint, hint>

DEFINITIVE REQUIREMENTS

QUOTE " not less than 800,000 Baht as shown in the account for the complete past 3 months ( 90 days ) at the filing date of the application.

Or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthly income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.

In the case of submitting a bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is required." QUOTE

I think you missed out an important requirement which I was hoping to find the answer to in your otherwise useful summary. The 800,000 baht must be in your Thai Bank for only two months prior to the first renewal and three months for subsequent renewals.I think that's correct. But my own query relates to the "combined income and bank account" method. My understanding is that there is NO requirement to show that money has been in the Bank Account for anytime prior to the day the application is made. I would welcome confimation that this is correct.

Quote : Police Order 777/2551 (found on a previous thead) : " Annual income plus bank account deposit totalling not less than Baht 800,000 AS OF THE FILING DATE OF APPLICATION"

1. Most rules are not set in stone so the best you can do is hope that the office and officer you have will see it the way you see it.

2. For retirement or marriage extension of stay the first time requirement, if using bank deposit, is 2 months - that should be true everywhere.

3. For retirement combined method normally there is no requirement for any set period of funds in bank from reporting here. But rather than a set rule it is the absence so not as firm as 2 above.

4. For bank letter it is a letter of your account balance - not a bank guarantee.

5. For income it is a letter from your Embassy so subject to there requirements as to what they require.