Bling Bling Cars In Phuket

pmgthailand

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The van not mine.. But the Dutch seem to have quite a few of those imported yank vans.. Often running on LPG.

I believe they had the 5.7 V8 ? [drove a friends one in the US a few time] the one running around near me has a 2.0 Jap engine running on LPG..

Then theres the sad sorry tale of the ones you had to leave behind.. I still think of her :crying:

5019298999_b781269799_z.jpg

CSI version which the M Sport division breathed life into.. Only about a 1000 made worldwide.. 6 speed.. v12 5.6 (same basic plant as in the maclaren F1) almost 400 bhp.. And so smooth, more grand tourer than track day star.. But shes was a good un..

Left her in storage rather than sell her, simply cos I didnt want to part with such a rare gem, then when I finally realized long distance relationships like this could never work, let her go for a song.

Sigh..

Beautiful. I feel your loss. I think most of us left loved ones behind. It's a wrench (pardon the pun).

certainly better than a second hand Audi, its the van in the background that interessts me, is it a work vehicle or camper

Lovely car, I miss my little Ford Ka back in the UK wish they sold them here, a great little run about!!

A number of insulting posts & the replies have been removed.

Why do people come on here and add insulting posts, what is there problem, to the people that come on forums for the purpose of being nasty grow up!!!!!!

They're insecure keyboard hero's Kenny, the jealous types who can't accept for others to be happy. The internet was their saviour, to able them to voice their insecurities whilst still hiding under their rock......sad sacks the lot of them....... i'd go so far to call it a medical condition....

Edited by Rickster

The van not mine.. But the Dutch seem to have quite a few of those imported yank vans.. Often running on LPG.

I believe they had the 5.7 V8 ? [drove a friends one in the US a few time] the one running around near me has a 2.0 Jap engine running on LPG..

When I was in the states I had a Dodge Ram van.. It was cubic inch measurements so I forget but just crazy size.. 5 plus liters, had a 'dog house' you could remove in the inside to access this GIANT engine..

Still only did about 70 mph flat out and rattled like an old tin can going up hills..

dam_n thing carried me from florida to alaska over the course of a year tho.

When I was in the states I had a Dodge Ram van.. It was cubic inch measurements so I forget but just crazy size.. 5 plus liters, had a 'dog house' you could remove in the inside to access this GIANT engine..

Still only did about 70 mph flat out and rattled like an old tin can going up hills..

dam_n thing carried me from florida to alaska over the course of a year tho.

Dodge 5,2 or 5,9, the latter is ci 360, a legendary engine, still being used

Chevy G20 as pictured 5,0 or 5,7, the latter ci350, legend, but been replaced

miss the sound of V8 music, all I here around here is diesels, high rev MC or noisy harleys/harley wannabees, not to mention dieselvans with soundincreasing exhaustsystem

man id settle for a old grandpa looking dodge caravan just to have some horse power around here lol

seriously, let them enjoy the modding of cars.

its good for the economy, it looks better than having all the cars lookalike(when it doesnt, it makes you laugh so thats good to)

one day they might even start modding car engines and then we will have cheap ways to increase the 106hp cars that are sold to us

>>modding car engines

I went that route and love every minute of it. Nice to have a few extra ponies under the bonnet when you want to pass someone.

modding engines has been done for a long time here, I did my first in LOS 5 years ago. A commonrail diesel can for 10k baht achieve 25% more power. A typical Vigo/Fortuner 3,0 goes from 163hp/343Nm to 210hp/430Nm

How much would it set me back on a new city and is there any good place in phuket?

fawk if i had known the festa had a kit i would of bought it.. same price as a used city.

dont know where to get the Mugen kit for City, I would check Saphan Hin Saturday after 9pm, ad in TVclassifieds, and ask TV motorforum:)

there where some tuners at the motorshow in Homeworks few months back, but I didnt collect any contact info

and whatever they say, if you have an auto you need a larger oil cooler for this power;)

some of the car modding here is a bit silly. But personal taste is just that. PERSONAL and as long as the owners, (and the bank or loan shark that has an interest in the car) don't mind, how is it anyones business, unless its dangerous.

for the record I drive an unmodified 4x4 sportrider. I live in the country so wading and traversing bogs is a seasonal hazard. There are at least 10 days a year when you couldn't guarantee getting a vios/yaris out of my soi. Even the neighbours with a new BMW saloon have a CRV for this season!

if folk want to tart up their cars, so what. The funniest ones are when they take a nice car already and fake it up to a better one. how many E calss mercs have got Brabus badges, and how many BMW316is are wearing M3 livery. Its comical to me. The best I saw was a guy who couldn't decide if he liked Audi or BMW better so he put S5 on the back of his 1989 5 Series saloon.

To each, there own.

some of the car modding here is a bit silly. But personal taste is just that. PERSONAL and as long as the owners, (and the bank or loan shark that has an interest in the car) don't mind, how is it anyones business, unless its dangerous.

for the record I drive an unmodified 4x4 sportrider. I live in the country so wading and traversing bogs is a seasonal hazard. There are at least 10 days a year when you couldn't guarantee getting a vios/yaris out of my soi. Even the neighbours with a new BMW saloon have a CRV for this season!

if folk want to tart up their cars, so what. The funniest ones are when they take a nice car already and fake it up to a better one. how many E calss mercs have got Brabus badges, and how many BMW316is are wearing M3 livery. Its comical to me. The best I saw was a guy who couldn't decide if he liked Audi or BMW better so he put S5 on the back of his 1989 5 Series saloon.

To each, there own.

I just gotta laugh and it makes my day. Seeing Toyotas with Lexus badges on em! Does anyone really think a badge makes it a Lexus. Are they serious or do you think it is just taking the piss???

:blink:

" Style v. Substance – The pursuit of the superficial, an inability to distinguish among salient and insignificant information and issues, and the need to be noticed. Appearances can be important, but the Thai have taken this type of superficial appearance to a level that places it above any other factor, and to which few Thais can see beyond. Apparently, if you look the part, then there is no reason why you are not that person. (same same with cars I guess) The idea that appearance is the most important component in one's life is something that I can't fully understand, as my western-Greek-logical tradition suggests that looks can be deceiving and it is not looks, but works that matter most. In this regard, Thai and western cultures are almost diametrically opposed. However, an important difference still remains between the Thai and farang, which is that if you confront westerners about their lack of substance, and its value, they will generally concede that we have increasingly focused on form, but that it is the substance that really is more important to the system which allows us to have our superficial lives. Thais usually can’t even understand this argument, and sadly, an increasing proportion of westerners can’t either."

;)

Edited by pmgthailand

I just gotta laugh and it makes my day. Seeing Toyotas with Lexus badges on em! Does anyone really think a badge makes it a Lexus. Are they serious or do you think it is just taking the piss???

Some Toyotas are Lexus, the Toyota Harrier was sold in Japan and rebranded the Lexus RX300 abroad and the Toyota Soarer was branded The Lexus Soarer outside Japan. Its quite common to see some toyotas with Lexus badges on especially if they are imported/exported. Although in the cases you are talking about I strongly expect someone has just stuck a lexus badge on their Corolla.

Then theres the sad sorry tale of the ones you had to leave behind.. I still think of her :crying:

5019298999_b781269799_z.jpg

CSI version which the M Sport division breathed life into.. Only about a 1000 made worldwide.. 6 speed.. v12 5.6 (same basic plant as in the maclaren F1) almost 400 bhp.. And so smooth, more grand tourer than track day star.. But shes was a good un..

Left her in storage rather than sell her, simply cos I didnt want to part with such a rare gem, then when I finally realized long distance relationships like this could never work, let her go for a song.

Sigh..

At least you still have the white van, handy for school runs in the future.

Some Toyotas are Lexus, the Toyota Harrier was sold in Japan and rebranded the Lexus RX300 abroad and the Toyota Soarer was branded The Lexus Soarer outside Japan. Its quite common to see some toyotas with Lexus badges on especially if they are imported/exported. Although in the cases you are talking about I strongly expect someone has just stuck a lexus badge on their Corolla.

There are several models named Toyota in japan, and Lexus when exported to other markets. When grey imports as in LOS, they are sold in one market with both badges.

Presently all Chevrolet models sold in LOS are Korean Daewoo, except for Colorado pickup which is supplied by Isuzu

Badgeneering

I think what he's getting at are the idiots that put Lexus badges on Vios and Altis thinking they are fooling everyone when in actual fact they are only kidding themselves.

Classic i saw the other day was a red plated top of the range Honda Civic in white, the 2 litre version with a Mugen body kit on it looked pretty nice...... that was until i saw the TRD (Toyota race design) stickers all down both sides of the car, what a complete jerk off. Hence to say it wont surprise you that the owner was a Thai !!!!  :whistling: