Put In An Appeal But Now Have Visa, What Do I Do?

Hi.

I applied for a settlement visa for the UK for my husband in march but it was refused. i then put in an appeal in June and then re-applied for the visa the week after.

My husbands visa has now been granted and i need to know what to do about the appeal. I havent heard anyhting about it but do i have to advise the embassy that we dont need it anymore?

Thanks

Skeets

You should notify the Embassy. You are not obliged to do so, as the Visa Section at the Embassy should automatically notify the First-tier (Appeals) Tribunal in the UK that a visa has been issued. However, no harm is done by just writing a quick letter to the Embassy to confirm it, and possibly saving a lot of work for a lot of people. Guidance to ECO's is as follows:

Applicant makes fresh application while an appeal is outstanding.

A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal. If an appellant is subsequently issued an entry clearance, Post must inform the IAC at: [email protected]. The ECO must ensure that a proforma of Withdrawal of Decision is also sent to the IAC and this appeal will stop.

Edited by VisasPlus

You should notify the Embassy. You are not obliged to do so, as the Visa Section at the Embassy should automatically notify the First-tier (Appeals) Tribunal in the UK that a visa has been issued. However, no harm is done by just writing a quick letter to the Embassy to confirm it, and possibly saving a lot of work for a lot of people. Guidance to ECO's is as follows:

A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an appeal. If an appellant is subsequently issued an entry clearance, Post must inform the IAC at: [email protected]. The ECO must ensure that a proforma of Withdrawal of Decision is also sent to the IAC and this appeal will stop.

Hi Visaplus.

Thanks alot for your advise, will send them an email and let them know.

Skeets

Hi Visaplus.

Thanks alot for your advise, will send them an email and let them know.

Skeets

Skeets,

No problem. Can I ask, as a lot of people may be interested, what were the reasons for the first refusal and how did you address those reasons in the second application ? I guess you are aware that a lot of people here learn from the experiences that other people have had.

Hi guys,

Well i was refused on lots of different things!

i am a female married to a thai man with 2 young daughters (2 and 3) i wanted to go home to go to university so that one day i can come back here and work in an international school and my girls can learn the english curriculem for a small cost of the usual price.

anyways, i honestly didnt realise how much work i had to put into getting the visa, we were going to live with my father so he sent a letter to this effect and showed he had savings to support us of around 30,000 pounds, he also included his and my mothers pension plans to show they get 1300 a month, he included a few photos but nothing major. I was reused on not showing enough proof of accomodation.

i am going to uni so i showed my offer letter and that i had been to the open day in March. i was refused as the eco thought i would have need of public funds

i had a letter from a recruitment agency who i used to be the credit control supervisor for which stated that myself and my husband could have work as soon as we got into the uk. i was refused as this was not a firm offer of work.

i only had about 35,000 baht in our joint bank account I was refused again as the eco thought i would need public funds

We showed absolute heaps of proof that we have been together, and living together at the same address for 8 years. Luckily the eco said that he firmly believed we were a real couple otherwise i would have been going balistic!

So, after crying for about a day we decided to try again but this time we got absolutely everyhting we could. 7by7 was a great help on telling me what i needed.

i got the house deeds, charge certificates and blue prints of the house from my dad and photos of every single room, back and front of the house the garden and the sheds!

he wrote another letter stating that we could live there indefinately and that he would support us if he needed to. and he sent ALL his bank statement and building society accounts which show he had got a lot more than first shown and could definately support all of us if he needed too..

i printed off things from the government web site that stated i could only claim benifits whilst being a full time student if i was a single mother. i.e stating that i was entitled to alot more if my husband wasnt with me.

i also printed off the university academic calandar which shows that i am on holiday and able to work 21 weeks a year.

the recruitment agency wrote us 2 seperate letter stating what days and hours we would work and how much pay we would receive a week.

i showed my english bank account statement which has 1000 pounds in it and explained that this was money id left in the bank when i came home and worked at the same recruitment agency last year and that my parents had added to it at christmas and the kids birthdays so that we have some money to last us till my husband gets his first weeks pay.

i had read that you cant give things in files but this is wrong, because of this my first application was a bit tatty but my secong one was in a huge ring binder with a contents page and a copy of each document behind the original.

anyways im at work and being as its nearly my last week i think id better do something!

Skeets.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this. It is interesting to see how and why visas are being refused. Maintenance and accommodation are usually the main problems. I find it interesting that, recently, we have seen, in this forum, what seems to be more refusals based on lack of proof of adequate accommodation. I have no reason to suspect that the Visa Section at the Embassy is tightening up specifically in that area, but it might be worth prospective applicants bearing it in mind.

You did well with the follow up documentation, Skeets. Well done, and good luck in the UK to you all.