50,000Baht Fine For No Drivers License

fm2002

I've said it before and I'll repeat it.

When busted by the police for something you've done - or more likely haven't done, just refuse to pay. State you have no money and INSIST on the matter being taken to court. Most times the police cannot be bothered to fill in all the paperwork, and lose all the backhanders they would otherwise be collecting.

Unless, in this instance, and what happened me when I was stopped for not having a license with me, they impound your bike until you pay the fine.

Insisting on the matter going to court means your vehicle is impounded until it is settled. When mine was impounded it left with a nice little scar down the side of the faring when the PoS put the clamp on as I had just massively failed the attitude test.

For 50K you could buy a brand new Bike.

I wouldn't be bothered about my bike being impounded or being scratched if I was asked to cough up 50K.

The whole thing is just plain ridiculous. It's only 10K if you KILL someone.....

I once had a "friend" who told me he had been locked out of his apartment until he paid the rent. Could I lend it to him?

Perhaps you have a "friend" who needs 50,000 Bt to pay a "fine"? It isn't always the Thais who scam people here, but when falangs con you they do it for more. Perhaps your "friend" has other friends who want you to help pay their "fines" too?

Edited by BWPattaya