Where To Buy A Lawnmower

JimShortz

I have a small lawn that I would like to keep mown short. A small hover, or even a decent quality push mower would be ideal.

So far I have looked in Global and Home Pro. Global had nothing that interested me, and in Home Pro the manual rotary mower looked pretty flimsy to me; but maybe it works fine?

Any recommendations of where else I should look? Has anyone bought that push mower from Home Pro? Is it any good?

I bought a push mower from Global House and it works OK but, like most of the small ones, it needs a bit of weight over the roller to keep it cutting properly over the rough bits. I've just got a motorised one in anticipation of a bigger garden so mine's available for half of whatever the original price is. PM if you're interested.

You can even try it out on our lawn (as long as you don't leave it half finished!) :lol:

Edited by Greenside

There is a hardware shop on the North side of the moat (inside) at the first cross over from the northeast corner of the moat. The boss speaks good English and they have some electric and gasoline powered lawn mowers.

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated.

I was really after a push type mower anyway, so I've pm'd Greenside - I can't resist a bargain! Now, does it come with free water? a discount for takeaway? Or is it just a "happy hour" mowing Greenside's lawn? :whistling:

• Like 2

Thanks for all the input - much appreciated.

I was really after a push type mower anyway, so I've pm'd Greenside - I can't resist a bargain! Now, does it come with free water? a discount for takeaway? Or is it just a "happy hour" mowing Greenside's lawn? :whistling:

Nothing is free in the LOS all Greenside wants is his lawn looking like a putting green.

greenside's bargain sounds like a reel type machine , but maybe not. The secret to those machines and a nice lawn is , do not let the grass/weeds get too high. Twice a week mowing keeps a nice garden. Just no way to mow grass and drink a beer at the same time. Bought one for the wife on a birthday and it was not well received , to put it mildly, that was after the hoover on my birthday.

We needed a second car so I bought the wife a Toyota Vios. A few months latter I was telling my friends that I bought the wife a new Honda they were giving me stick for buying her two new cars tell they found out it was a Honda lawn mower.:lol:

Also at the intersection of super highway (11) and Chotana Rd (107) on the south east corner of the slip road you have about 3 shops, large, that sell all kinds of lawn mower, gas, electric, push, riding, cutters, trimmers.

The shop on the super highway and chotana road charged me 2.000 baht for service my mower ?? my motor bike only costs 150 baht. the mower has only been used 10-15 time from new and it still looks new so why i was charged a high price ? i can guess, they have two price tariffs at this shop.

Also at the intersection of super highway (11) and Chotana Rd (107) on the south east corner of the slip road you have about 3 shops, large, that sell all kinds of lawn mower, gas, electric, push, riding, cutters, trimmers.

The shop on the super highway and chotana road charged me 2.000 baht for service my mower ?? my motor bike only costs 150 baht. the mower has only been used 10-15 time from new and it still looks new so why i was charged a high price ? i can guess, they have two price tariffs at this shop.

I service our mower at the bike repair shop in Doi Saket. 500 baht.

So you pay 500b and me 2.000b ouchhhhhhhh

Edited by SAUSAGEKING

So you pay 500b and me 2.000b ouchhhhhhhh

800 if I'm having the blades sharpen.:lol:

i am not sure id lawnmowing and grass cutting is the same deal .. since i already own a honda lawnmower which i think is one hel_l of a task to push it around my garden i if i am buying one again i would go for one of those backpack grass cutter with a extened pole and a blade or plastic spinning at the end of the pole . it would be more fun and easier then pushing the 4 wheel that is alway so lard when the grass grow tall

i am not sure id lawnmowing and grass cutting is the same deal .. since i already own a honda lawnmower which i think is one hel_l of a task to push it around my garden i if i am buying one again i would go for one of those backpack grass cutter with a extened pole and a blade or plastic spinning at the end of the pole . it would be more fun and easier then pushing the 4 wheel that is alway so lard when the grass grow tall

My wife has never complained about pushing the Honda.:whistling:

While I admire those who want to use a push mower and get some exercise. The small electric Black and Decker mowers,with a catcher, do a reasonable job and as the grass grows mainly in the rainy /hot season you wil be a lot more comfortable.Start at around 4,500b from memory, at Home Pro and similar.Ours is coming up for 2 years without a problem.

Cut it on a regualr basis and it doesn't get the chance to grow tall !

Anyone have any experience buying a husqvarna from the dealer in Chiang Rai? I have a house on 1 rai and need something more dependable than the used honda lawn mower that I bought 4 years ago, especially as I don't live in Thailand now and have someone else cut my grass with my lawn mower. 23,000 baht seems like a lot of money for a self propelled husqvarna (I've looked at the same model in the U.S. and its two thirds the price here) but I do need a lawn mower that is reliable and one that will not cause many problems for the next 3-4 years.