New Nouvo Elegance

2long

Two questions about my new Nouvo.

#1 I get the feeling that there is a trip counter as well as the digital odometer. If so, can anyone tell me how to display i?. If there is only the odometer, why does the display have to tell me that's what it is?

#2 Starting from cold and hot is always easy and fine. However, if parked for more than an hour, but not all night (common scenario for me) it takes several goes and doesn't want to run for the first 5 seconds or so after starting. I changed to green 91 petrol and it seems better, but it's still annoying. The dealer seemed to think it's an impossible problem and that it'd either give me grief when cold OR hot, but never in between.

I bought a new one just a couple of months ago and have had no problems of any kind with it. However, I am thinking of changing to a softer compound tire, as the originals feel like they "slide" just a big when I drive over the painted arrows and other painted symbols on the road. Other than that, it's a great bike that will do until Honda comes out with the 250cc CBR, which I'm waiting on. I'll give them till January, and if they don't have one by then, I'm going with the Ninja 250, and my son will get the Nouvo.

• 2 months later...

I have a brand new (950km) Nuovo Elegance 135cc. It will run better on green 91 as that is what it's set up for, notice the green 91 sticker on the fuel cap?

I have the model with cast alloy mag wheels and have no problems with the tires, I've ridden bikes of all sizes and types over the years, and have spent a fortune on tires, in my experience they all skip on white lines and drain covers, especially in the wet.

Although my NE is two years old, I have last year's owners' English language manual. That manual appears from time to time here on the bike forum - you might initiate a search.

In any case, the manual makes reference to the odometer and temperature gauge, but says nothing about a trip meter. Presently I go 160kms and get fuel.

Both my NE and MX take a while to start if they have not been driven for a while, but no problem like yours. As your man said, once started and warm, they're good for the day.<No help, I realize, but facts for what they are worth.

How much will a brand new, on on the road cost? Thing of getting a new bike as a new year present to myself

I was told 56,500 here in Chiang Mai - with spokes, all in with basic insurance. Sometimes we get 1,000 off for cash, but I did not negotiate as I was looking at a second hand model too.