Adding A Child Name To A Household Registeration Book

Hi guys..I am holding thai citizen card and my wife is from burma and she is expecting. I would like to ask what is the procedure to get my going to be born kid to become a thai ?

1. At Hospital, what sort of things i need to provide?

2. Currently i am renting a place with my wife and I only have a copy of household registration book from my old town. Is it possible that I ask someone in my current place to add my child into their household book?

1. I recollect that you give your ID Cards/Passports to the Hospital when your child is born and they write in your names and nationalities; you then get a paper which you take to your local Tessabaan/Town Hall to register the birth and get the formal Birth Certificate which also shows each parent's nationality..

2. A lot of Thai people who live in rented accommodation put their children into one of their family's Tabien Baan back in their home town.

It is worth while having a good translation to Thai of your wife's names, as these will be written in onto your child's birth certificate.

You say wife, so i presume you are legally married at the amphur. In that case If one of the parent is Thai, then the child is also Thai.

As said, the details of the mother will be recorded in Thai on the birth certificate, so have a proper translation of them, the same she uses for other dealings with the Thai government.

No problem registering the child elsewhere on the household book. But you will have to travel to there.