Jsat Satellite System

Anyone out there have experience with Satellite systems? I am especially interested in JSAT but am looking for anyone with experience with any satellite company.

We don't want to shell out the money for a satellite system and find out everything we really want to watch you have to have a subscription for.

So go with satellite or go with UBC, big question? :o

Thanks,

Beachbunny

Depends what you want to watch!

The system Jsat, and most other sattelite installation companys offer can show you hundreds of free to air channels.Most of them Indian and Arab channels.

Most decoder boxes are however easily upgraded to receive DreamTV. This is the Phillipine UBC and gives you pretty much the same channels as UBC, like movies, sports, etc...

Do note however that this is illegal!!!! You are watching pay-TV by means of illegally modified equipment! This said, the chance is pretty slim DreamTV representatives are going to fly over to catch you, heck they're not allowed to sell here anyway since the big UBC has the monopoly for Thailand!!!

If you install such a system you also run the risk that DreamTV changes/upgrades their encoding system, and you end up watching Bollywood movies :o

Anyone out there have experience with Satellite systems?  I am especially interested in JSAT but am looking for anyone with experience with any satellite company. 

We don't want to shell out the money for a satellite system and find out everything we really want to watch you have to have a subscription for.

Thanks,

Beachbunny

..I don't have UBC, but a satellite system from PSI...can look tv from Italy, Spain (that's what I want)and also Portugal, Germany, France,BBC, also live football...I think good choice for europeans non english motherlanguages

thanks for your input guys. I'm interested in American/British films---chick flicks :o and hubby likes Discovery channel etc.,so it doesn't look like a Paying boocoo $ for a satellite system without a subscription would get us what we want. Am I right on this?

UBC for a good package seems a little pricey though. For the best package they have is 2000+ baht. I didn't pay that in San Diego and had lots to choose from.

Comments anyone?

Thanks,

Beachbunny

Does anyone know or have any system that would pick up American TV?

Barry, the satellites that cover the U.S would not have the range to be picked up here, even with a very large dish. The only ones available here are the likes of CNN,ESPN,FOX News etc that are relayed to satellites that cover this region.

Edited by COBBER

Can anybody offer advice as to what is the most cost-effective way of receiving just the news (say CNN or FOX)?

I already shell out the big bucks for UBC at home but would like to be able to take a look at what's happening in the world while I'm at my office.

• 1 year later...
Anyone out there have experience with Satellite systems?  I am especially interested in JSAT but am looking for anyone with experience with any satellite company. 

Thanks,

Beachbunny

..I don't have UBC, but a satellite system from PSI...can look tv from Italy, Spain (that's what I want)and also Portugal, Germany, France,BBC, also live football...I think good choice for europeans non english motherlanguages

I have that system in my house upcountry, in the north, and it works very well. I've contacted Jsat in Bangkok to have this installed in my condo here but it seems that they are not interested in making business. Does anyone know somebody doing Sat TV installations in Bangkok?

• 4 weeks later...

I use JSat and found them very helpful and is 100% the best system on offer, 3 years ago I looked at all the Sat Companies, JSat offered the best,,

They have moved to new servers and have had a lot of emails disappear/not arrive, other than that they are 1st rate... I have the Move System + last October added linked into this system the Dreambox [internet connection] and now get 1,366 channels, with 100's in English

I use JSat and found them very helpful and is 100% the best system on offer, 3 years ago I looked at all the Sat Companies, JSat offered the best,,

They have moved to new servers and have had a lot of emails disappear/not arrive, other than that they are 1st rate... I have the Move System + last October added linked into this system the Dreambox [internet connection] and now get 1,366 channels, with 100's in English

lucky you!

I went thru this process 2 months ago and Jsat were the best but unfortunately, they dont do installs in Chiang Mai. Would love the move system Dreambox, but went fixed instead via a local CM company.

btw, I have no idea why anyone would choose UBC due their prices and repeatitive programming- would love to see a nationwide competitor give them a run for their money

Edited by Donnyboy

lucky you!

I went thru this process 2 months ago and Jsat were the best but unfortunately, they dont do installs in Chiang Mai. Would love the move system Dreambox, but went fixed instead via a local CM company.

btw, I have no idea why anyone would choose UBC due their prices and repeatitive programming- would love to see a nationwide competitor give them a run for their money

Jsat installed my system 18 months ago in Nakhon Sawan for an additional 2,000 baht to cover the extra travelling distance. It's great.