Difference Between Red & White Car Plates

nicgwee

Red for a new car that hasn't been registered - you are not allowed to drive with a red plate after 6 pm

New sold cars usually get a red plate for the first 3 months, before the paperwork is done and they receive the real plate.

But this also can take up to a year or more, when some idiot requested for a special number like with one with 3 or 2 digits or a 'lucky number' like 666 etc.

Never understood why those 'look-I-belong-to-the-middleclass' idiots driving model 'small-penis-big-car' like those ugly and polluting Camries or totally useless Fortuners and Mu7's or even high-end Mercedesses spoil it with such a really cheap and tasteless colorful design plate. emo.gif

Red for a new car that hasn't been registered - you are not allowed to drive with a red plate after 6 pm

New sold cars usually get a red plate for the first 3 months, before the paperwork is done and they receive the real plate.

But this also can take up to a year or more, when some idiot requested for a special number like with one with 3 or 2 digits or a 'lucky number' like 666 etc.

Never understood why those 'look-I-belong-to-the-middleclass' idiots driving model 'small-penis-big-car' like those ugly and polluting Camries or totally useless Fortuners and Mu7's or even high-end Mercedesses spoil it with such a really cheap and tasteless colorful design plate. emo.gif

my my, what a bitter little fellow you are!

• Like 2

Red plate = tea money for the BiB.

Why, I think it's just something administrative. Same when you buy a new moto, it takes few weeks or months before you get the docs and plate, same in some other countries like Philippines. The application starts after the car has been bought, and the proceeding takes a while. Only the insurance starts before you leave the showroom.

Lighten up, it was meant to be some light hearted humour.

Oh, OK I see :huh:well, good that you explained it, lol

(it seems I really have a weak sense for humour sometimes, especially before the coffee like today)

:lol:

(offtopic)

ps, do you like my curly pig ? her name is Sandra, she's cute isn't she ?

curlypig01.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

This covered at length in the Motor Forum.

Red plates are used after buying a car while waiting for standard plates and registration.

You cannot legally drive on them after 6pm or in a different province unless the journey is logged in the red registration book issued with the plates.

According to a recent law you can only drive on the red plates for 30 days; after that you are liable for a substantial fine.

LOL sounds like you have a hangup problem with your small- penis issue, could it be ????

This covered at length in the Motor Forum.

Red plates are used after buying a car while waiting for standard plates and registration.

You cannot legally drive on them after 6pm or in a different province unless the journey is logged in the red registration book issued with the plates.

According to a recent law you can only drive on the red plates for 30 days; after that you are liable for a substantial fine.

a thread full of false information, except this post:)

but as I recall the red plate log book is brownish, and its double/tripple the size of an ordinary reg book

most dealers in addition use illegal redplates without log book. hefty fines and inprisonment has recently been introduced

the yellow plates always starting with numbers (not letters) pictured on a mobile crane in this thread are for commercial vehicles and heavy vehicles (usually over 5 ton).

Edited by katabeachbum

More difficult question:

Is it possible to get a plate with English letters instead of Thai ?

I see these plates written THAILAND 01 or THAILAND 02, etc... (seems like the number of province) when crossing to Laos.

Another question about car number plates, how must does it cost to buy one of your choice as 88888 ?

Thanks.

More difficult question:

Is it possible to get a plate with English letters instead of Thai ?

I see these plates written THAILAND 01 or THAILAND 02, etc... (seems like the number of province) when crossing to Laos.

Another question about car number plates, how must does it cost to buy one of your choice as 88888 ?

Thanks.

Thai plates for private use is in Thai. The ones you v seen are for trucks and buses, commercial

8888 is sold on auctions (only four 8s though) and prices usually over 1 mill baht

8888 is sold on auctions (only four 8s though) and prices usually over 1 mill baht

The next one in Chonburi is on 26 and 27 November in Bang Saen - details available from any Chonburi Transport office and many local car dealers. Entry is by registration only (refundable if you don't buy) and according to the local transport office bids are expected to be well above normal as the letters are "auspicious" as well as the numbers; they advised us to go early on the first day to see the local glitterati outbidding each other in a show of poor taste!