How Many Empty Pages In Passport Reqired For Retirement Extension

I am in Pattaya on a two entry tourist visa which the second entry runs out around November 9th. I intend to apply for a retirement extension before then. How many empty pages will be required for this. One for the O-a visa and one for the retirement extension stamp. Or is there something else that would be required.

I am a US citizen and can get more pages added at the embassy in Bangkok but would prefer to do so when i have another reason to visit there. I would wait to get a re-entry permit after new pages are added.

2 pages ? or was that 2 sides of a page ?

In 6 years I have used 2 sides, as they stamp 3 times per side = 3 yearly stamps.... 1 page front & back = 6 yearly extension stamps. I got 5 years per 2 sides see scan of passport

post-42643-067362600 1286320684_thumb.jp

Believe you will find each side is considered a page, as is the case in any book or publication. They are in US and Thai passports for sure and are so marked.

In the OP case he must convert from tourist visa to non immigrant visa entry and then extend stay for retirement so will take a few stamps.

Believe you will find each side is considered a page, as is the case in any book or publication. They are in US and Thai passports for sure and are so marked.

In the OP case he must convert from tourist visa to non immigrant visa entry and then extend stay for retirement so will take a few stamps.

Thanks, never worked that out before... eg: passports = one piece of paper folded in half = 4 pages..

so a single piece of paper printed on both side. only becomes 2 pages it but into a book, or 4 pages if put into a passport.

Good so I have 6 free pages left in my passport not 3 as I thought, so will be plenty to take me to end of expire date in 2012.

• 5 weeks later...

Just to add information for anyone else.

Immigration used two pages one for the O-A Entry Visa and one for the retirement extension.

They gave me 90days for the O-A entry and then a further 365 days for the retirement extension so a total of 455days. Cost 2000 baht for the change to O A and 1900 baht for the retirement extension.

Forms required TM7 for the extension and TM87 for the O-A Visa

Remember to take two copies of all the documentation required.

Time at Jomtien 30 minutes the first day. 5 minutes the second day just to pick up passport. I would have gotten a residency certificate the second but forgot to take something with my hotel address in Thai language. Will have to go back and get it when i need it for a thai driving licence or buying a motorcycle.

US passports each page is a page and numbered. the retirement extension takes a page and the re-entry a page,( dont forget to get one just in case u need to leave in a hurry) its up to immigration if they will stamp more than one on each page, They never have for me.

now 48 day additions for us passport cost $82!! form $0.00 the goverment ie broke :-)

Edited by phuketrichard

Just to add information for anyone else.

Immigration used two pages one for the O-A Entry Visa and one for the retirement extension.

They gave me 90days for the O-A entry and then a further 365 days for the retirement extension so a total of 455days. Cost 2000 baht for the change to O A and 1900 baht for the retirement extension.

Forms required TM7 for the extension and TM87 for the O-A Visa

Remember to take two copies of all the documentation required.

Time at Jomtien 30 minutes the first day. 5 minutes the second day just to pick up passport. I would have gotten a residency certificate the second but forgot to take something with my hotel address in Thai language. Will have to go back and get it when i need it for a thai driving licence or buying a motorcycle.

As said before, it is not an O-A Visa it is a Non Imm O Visa.

An O-A Visa can only be obtained from a Thai Embassy in your country of residence. In your case U.S. :)