Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

A nice trip from BKK to Ayutthaya today. A great tip is to turn left at Future Park, onto the 346, then onto the 347 for the last 40km to Ayutthaya. 3 empty highway lanes the whole way up, what a difference compared to Viphawadee-Rangsit. Anyway, took her up to 145 no problems at all, was still under 9000rpm then went back to cruising at 125 or so, I don't just see the need to drive faster than 145kph on the roads here. Could of kept going up, would have gone up above 150 no worries, but for what?

Only the 3rd time I've had it out on a proper-ish highway and the wind was far less noticeable this time, which was a major improvement.... Not a design flaw in the windscreen afterall. And it's so smooth at 120 you could almost fall asleep, I noticed that a few times. Great, smooth empty road, and the bike is so smooth and relaxing at 120+ that you could almost nod off. Especially with your head cocooned by the tight HJC helmet that's vacuum sucked onto it.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were you, I'd tell her to screw them and go for what she likes, and for what best suits her needs/purposes. And if that's the 250, then get it and ride happy.

Yep, that's what I've been telling her.

You need to invite her over for a visit' date=' rent one out for a week and travel in Northern Thailand with it. Then she'll realize that's it's more than enough for her needs and won't be able to wait for it to come out in Canada... If all the reports about it are true, I know this bike will be what I'm looking for. Besides people that have the big cc bikes are just afraid to shift and truly enjoy the freedom of riding... [/quote']

Regularly, but not till September this year will she visit - It's not what I told her but sis wants to be licensed and experienced to come to Thailand for a month of motorcycle touring.

For luggage - I agree it's a choice between ugly and useful - I've been looking for bags for the versys for a while now, the V35s are not too bad, especially with color-matched top. Still they're huge.

But I recently saw a BWM - not sure what it was, I think a "K" series - brand new with really great looking panniers. So I think it's actually just a matter of designing some that don't look like crap. I think it was this model:

71607671401.jpg

Laptops on motorcycles? Consider getting an SSD (Solid-state drive) for data storage instead of the normal HDD (hard disk drive).

Since going with an android phone (and a few gig memory card for any camera) and I am quite happy for a week or two away with only the phone.

Laptops on motorcycles? Consider getting an SSD (Solid-state drive) for data storage instead of the normal HDD (hard disk drive).

Since going with an android phone (and a few gig memory card for any camera) and I am quite happy for a week or two away with only the phone.

On my trip today I was cruising for my 500km at about 120-125kmph...

That said- I am amazed of the handling and comfort on the CBR... It would be perfect if I could cruise at 150kmph...

Where does it sit comfortably ?? I dont mean where will it get to if you lie on the tank and push it. I mean sat normally upright, 1 or 2 up, where the engine feels happy an unstrained ???

My brother is looking for an all rounder, but I am leaning him d-tracker / KLX.

The CBR250R is understandably a big deal in Thailand, where choices are limited. But why all the U.S. press for the CBR250R versus almost nothing for Suzuki's equally impressive TU250 when it came out in 2009? The TU250 is superior in at least one respect: It does not pretend to be something it is not. It is dressed in exactly the proper clothing for what it is.

suzuki-tu250_460x0w.jpg

I am 187cm tall, weigh more than you (almost guaranteed)...

I sit straight up on the bike on the highway, cruising at 125, you don't squeeze your nuts to the tank but sit a bit back, till your butt hit the passenger seat... I am very very comfortable there for a longer period of time...

About the 250 market, I think that if Honda ever brought out the VTR that was rumored last year, we would see alot of people jumping ship from the CBR/Ninja...

All we can do is to really hope that the market is about to open up for every manufacturer to deliver something from their 200-600cc range...

The CBR250R is understandably a big deal in Thailand, where choices are limited. But why all the U.S. press for the CBR250R versus almost nothing for Suzuki's equally impressive TU250 when it came out in 2009? The TU250 is superior in at least one respect: It does not pretend to be something it is not. It is dressed in exactly the proper clothing for what it is.

suzuki-tu250_460x0w.jpg

Dunno, but it seems like a good bike for what it is (other than being a Suzuki :o ). It's only offers 16 HP and that pretty much is the same-same as the Tiger Boxer....which is an excellent buy.

**edit**

Took out some false information.

Edited by dave_boo

Looked for it on the net. It seems to be concept only.....

But....beautiful!

And...inline 4!

Agreed on the "rumor" part, as I could only find a few web sites that even talked about it. Supposedly it was to come out a couple of years ago, but..... However, when I spoke to a sales rep at Yamaha in CNX, he said it WAS out, but not available in Thailand...Japan only.

Found some pics that show a blue one, black one, and tri-color, but I love that yellow & black!

Also agree that an inline 4 would be great! Have a feeling it would definitely be a Ninja killer.

Edited by Just1Voice

i think the 400cc bikes will be most fitted for thailand, still ok for beginners, not too fast for town, fair enough for tripping... ninja400? If that would be available i would go straight ahead instead of the cbr250.

http://www.kawasaki....ninja-400r:1256

Pretty nice!

I'm really pleased with the CBR but you cant help planning the next move! This could be it.

What do you lot think? What is the next move after 250? 400? 600?

sorry guys but its something with my phone- and i cant delete the posts... So sorry...

Something similar happened to me the other day. I hit post and nothing happened so i hit post again! Makes you look stupid eh?biggrin.gif

Better to LOOK stupid than to BE stupid. - Sorry, couldn't help myself.

:cheesy:

sorry guys but its something with my phone- and i cant delete the posts... So sorry...

Something similar happened to me the other day. I hit post and nothing happened so i hit post again! Makes you look stupid eh?biggrin.gif

Better to LOOK stupid than to BE stupid. - Sorry, couldn't help myself.

:cheesy:

Stupid is as stupid does. wacko.gif

What do you lot think? What is the next move after 250? 400? 600?

Probably 600cc :)

When I lived in Europe I've moved from Yam DT125LC to Honda VF500FII -> Honda VFR750F -> VFR750 Pro-ARM -> Kawazaki ZZR 1100 -> Honda CBR900RR 92.

I just bought the CBR250R a few days ago (after many years without a bike) and it's a pleasant machine on the mountain roads here up in the North.

As for future/bigger bikes. Mine is a clear cut path that I'm very happy with. I'd be into a simple sports cruiser. I have no need of want to be shooting away at 150 or 160kph, unless of course being tailgated by some halfwit in a fortuner. I'm happy with outside lane cruising at 130 or so. Doing this with very little engine strain would of course be perfect.

So after probably 3 yrs on the CBR250, I'll move up to the Ninja 650, and use it as a sports-cruiser.

It's all good.

my next move will be the vesyrus so that is a 650- now if there happen to be a gsxr750 availeble or a ducati in the budget, sure... Next bike have to be able to cruise at 150...

I don't know where you live, but here in the Chiang Mai province I don't know any place where you can "cruise" at 150 kph unless you intend to ride on the super highway. ;)

Do you intend to "cruise" Chiang Mai to Pai at 150 ... ?

Edited by Nawak

Cruising at 150 will be done almost every week... I live down south, but riding to bangkok, phuket, hat Yai, and malaysia will require some long distance traveling- not sure I always will need the extra power- but it would be nice to have on tap...

But for sure-in town riding- not 150...