Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I tried a friend's rental and thought the experience was a bit like a big Honda Dream. Huge clunk from the gearbox when changing into 1st, and the engine sounded similar to a Dream when revved, too. I sold my Ninja some months ago but would pay the premium if I had to buy another 250cc.

I think it's quite hard to judge a bike from a rental (same as a car). You just don't know how anyone has treated it before you. I contemplated the Ninja because I actually preferred the gearbox on it to the CBR. But it just got too hot between the legs for me driving around the city and I won't be able to get used to have seered legs every day. Also mods will be much easier to come by with the Honda (which will make up for the cost difference).

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian,

Looks good. However one thing that I've been trying to get off my chest as nicely as possible...please use bigger pictures (!). Sorry for the exclamation point, but it's a bit frustrating to be all excited and end up looking at a 320x240 picture.

Once again, thanks for the pictures and sorry to be all demanding...

Brian,

Looks good. However one thing that I've been trying to get off my chest as nicely as possible...please use bigger pictures (!). Sorry for the exclamation point, but it's a bit frustrating to be all excited and end up looking at a 320x240 picture.

Once again, thanks for the pictures and sorry to be all demanding...

Sure, I'll post some larger pics later today. Often times, when I try to upload pictures, I get a message saying they are too big. I then reduce them, but I guess too much. I'll make them as big as possible from now on. Thanks.

Brian

Rumours of an Indian bike subsidery called Hero Honda that are tied in with honda until 2014 will be releasing their new 250r with the CBR engine.

But...

Maximum Power:27 Bhp @ 11000 rpm

Maximum Torque:22 Nm @ 6000 rpm

Redline at 12,500rpm

Would be iInteresting to see a company tune the engine differently.

Edited by hehehoho

Rumours of an Indian bike subsidery called Hero Honda that are tied in with honda until 2014 will be releasing their new 250r with the CBR engine.

But...

Maximum Power:27 Bhp @ 11000 rpm

Maximum Torque:22 Nm @ 6000 rpm

Redline at 12,500rpm

Would be iInteresting to see a company tune the engine differently.

Sure, if you aren't concerned with emissions you can get it up to quite a decent level. I'd be a bit worried about valve float at those engine speeds though...

Thinking about buying CBR 250 anyone know where the best deals are to be had? I am in Nonthaburi BKK

The best deal is where I got mine :lol: Chumphon. 99k for standard and 115k for abs. Might actually be worth taking the train/bus down and ride it back if the dealers in your area are asking 15k or so more.

Thinking about buying CBR 250 anyone know where the best deals are to be had? I am in Nonthaburi BKK

I'm not sure about other provinces, but in Nontaburi the prices are 125-135k for the ABS model and 115-125k for non ABS, depending on which dealer you go to. Prices closer to MSRP can be found, but usually at smaller dealers out in the provinces. If you are willing to spend the time travelling and shopping around at various dealers, you should be able to find the price you are looking for. Best of luck.

If you are interested, here at Sumet we sell the ABS model for 130,000 and the non ABS model for 120,000. These prices include tax, registration, first class insurance, a jacket, and helmet. The first class insurance is valued at 6,600 baht. Thanks.

Brian

I'm not sure about other provinces, but in Nontaburi the prices are 125-135k for the ABS model and 115-125k for non ABS, depending on which dealer you go to. Prices closer to MSRP can be found, but usually at smaller dealers out in the provinces. If you are willing to spend the time travelling and shopping around at various dealers, you should be able to find the price you are looking for. Best of luck.

If you are interested, here at Sumet we sell the ABS model for 130,000 and the non ABS model for 120,000. These prices include tax, registration, first class insurance, a jacket, and helmet. The first class insurance is valued at 6,600 baht. Thanks.

Brian

Brian.. I already have helmet and jacket so would there be any discount if i did not require these from you?

I'm sure we could work something out ThaiCBR. On a side note, we sent that secondhand CBR we have for painting (blue). I know you mentioned you wanted to do something similar when you get yours. I'll post some photos when it is so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

Edited by SumetCycle

I'm sure we could work something out ThaiCBR. On a side note, we sent that secondhand CBR we have for painting (blue). I know you mentioned you wanted to do something similar when you get yours. I'll post some photos when it is so you can get an idea of what it looks like.

ohhhh that would be good. thanks

Enjoy it while it lasts. Many dealers sell for list these days, and with the number of CBR250s I see on the road these days the new price is going to be list everywhere very soon now...

Chumpon eh? Wonder if the warranty can be transferred to another dealer?

I would actually be surprised if the warranty was tied to a specific dealer but will check it out for you in the next few days.

Enjoy it while it lasts. Many dealers sell for list these days, and with the number of CBR250s I see on the road these days the new price is going to be list everywhere very soon now...

Nikster... what is list? even APe Honda can not provide the end user with a list price.

In my area the non abs is 111,500b basic on the rd. the abs is 137,500 basic on the road.

thats just tax/plates and government basic insurance. I'm just outside Bkk.

In Nakhon pathom the non abs is the same but the abs is 130,000b BUT you do get the 2,000b anti theft/bailbond cover and a crap jacket and index helmet (crap).

Most near every other country the bike is Much more expensive. Uk 183,000b, USA 121,000b, India 110,000b (made in India as well)

Yes there are dealers doing it for less but not so many around BKK.... Unfortunately.

Maybe when they have plenty of stock . Sumet can take the lead :D

I would actually be surprised if the warranty was tied to a specific dealer but will check it out for you in the next few days.

I would be most greatful if you can do that sir !

For those that don't have the CBR250R owner's manual/handbook in english

http://www.hondampe....2032KYJE000.pdf

Just a note on looking at the first few pages...

Load capacity including rider, passenger, cargo and all accessories is 140kg (309 lbs) !

No fat riders or you better have a real skinny girlfriend/wife....

555 Yeah I saw that, makes you wonder what it must be on a wave!! which I regularly see with 4 people on.

What is the stock situation like on the CBR now, are there plenty in dealers for immediate delivery?

Edited by br12stol

I have bought two used hondas with warranty remaining on them and there was no problem at all getting service and warranty work from different dealers.

It was actually so trouble free I was amazed.

I have bought two used hondas with warranty remaining on them and there was no problem at all getting service and warranty work from different dealers.

It was actually so trouble free I was amazed.

seconded, I have bought new and secondhand Hondas in other provinces, and no question asked on warranty work even without warranty book. Free and quick service and parts

Put a 1000km on the cbr in the last 6 days. Gear change from gears 1 through 4 is pretty clunky, reminds me of my old gixxer 1100 :rolleyes: Was wondering if this is normal as it doesn't feel like a typical honda box?

A guy I know with a D-Tracker used to moan about the clunky gear change and occasional difficulty changing from Nuetral to first when stopped at lights etc and he found that changing gear with the clutch not fully engaged (maybe 80-90%) solved the problem. Tried it myself on my CBR this morning and the gears that were previously quite clunky, 1-3, are now very smooth :)

where's the best place to buy the mods? any URL's would be helpful... thanks

There are a few places that I get CBR stuff from. Their sites are in Thai, but it is easy enough navigate around and find what you are looking for. If you see anything you like, let me know. If you are not nearby, I could get what you need and ship it to you.

Here is the link to X-Speed: http://www.x-speed.co.th/

Here is a link to Furii Shop's thread on cbr250thai.com http://www.cbr250thai.com/bbs/thread.php?fid=53#c

You can also check out Likito's site: http://www.likito.com/