Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

plus 2,400 for greenbook etc

Do the greenbooks actually cost that much? Tax and insurance was probably less than 1000b, so 1500b for the GB on a new bike?

I paid 110k for mine with some nice goodies and all the legal stuff included.

KRS1. Just back from the great experiment :lol: Didn't wear my full length boots, only ankle boots,! :unsure:

I cannot get this image out of my head now! :bah:

How was the sunburn?

hairy legs too...:bah:.....:bah:.....:huh:

plus 2,400 for greenbook etc

Do the greenbooks actually cost that much? Tax and insurance was probably less than 1000b, so 1500b for the GB on a new bike?

I paid 110k for mine with some nice goodies and all the legal stuff included.

You are right, the tax and insurance shouldn't be more than 1,000 baht. Perhaps something got lost in the translation with this particular deal, but I will say beware of "hidden" fees when buying your bike. Maybe you will get the price you are looking for, but at the end is it really the price you were looking for? Are a jacket, helmet, and first class insurance included in the price? Do you have to pay extra money for things most dealers include in the sale price? If you are financing, are you getting a reasonable interest rate?

Edited by SumetCycle

Yes, absolutely correct. Bottom line should include extras if they represent real value such as 1st class insurance.

And overcharges for registration, book, and plate should not be rip-offs either.

On the other hand, included "bonus" stuff might be ill-fitting or non-certified helmets(!) or thin jackets that tend to be of low worth, compared to my standards. I might (do) already have what I need regarding them.

Bottom line is the bottom line, and patience a virtue, since the goal price (basic ins., green book and plates) should be @round 116,500, ABS (when supplies catch up with demand), according to APHonda's suggested price. Anything higher just represents the market. Depends on how happy I am with my present bike (happy enough not to extrapay someone 15K, right now). I mean, that begins to delve deep into pocket change, what?

Back in early March I swung by the Pattaya Kawasaki dealership and inquired about the Ninja 250, at the time there was at least a months waiting list to receive one. Today I stopped on by and there was a total of 8 new Ninja 250's on the lot. Hmmmmmmmmmm? Could the new CBR250r be cutting into their sales? Probably not, I must be crazy........ :whistling:

Put a 1000km on the cbr in the last 6 days. Gear change from gears 1 through 4 is pretty clunky, reminds me of my old gixxer 1100 :rolleyes: Was wondering if this is normal as it doesn't feel like a typical honda box?

Looks like the chain is a little tight. Will adjust it this morning and see how it feels.

Hey Judas.....did u check your oil level? Just a thought.

First thing I checked when I picked it up and was serviced 2 days ago, checked again. Just took it back to the dealer for them to look at, and of course they said it's normal. Not really an issue for me but hadn't read anything from other owners mentioning it.

Anyway, going back at 2 0'clock when one of their staff, who's actually on his day off, is bringing his cbr250 in so I can ride it and compare. I've bought around 60 bikes from these guys so they always take good care of me B)

Back from a blast on the Honda guy's cbr250. Shifts exactly the same as mine so all is well.

That was the only thing I noticed on the bike I rented. Not a deal breaker, just wished it was a bit smoother.

Two Bros Exhaust Released.

http://www.twobros.com/cgi-bin/shopper?search=action&sku=005-30204&searchstart=0&template=Templates%2FTBRSearchResult-Simple-Hon-CBR250R_SO_11.html

Looks nice.

Great to see actual info on the affects.

2011_Hon_CBR250R-side.jpg

Performance Specs (with Juice Box Pro)

Stock TBR Difference

Peak HP - +1.84 HP @ 7800 rpm +1.84 HP = +9%

Peak Torque - +1.5 ft-lbs @ 3500 rpm +1.5 ft-lbs

Max HP Gain 23.01 HP 24.51 HP + 6% hp

Max Torque Gain 15.67 ft-lbs 16.69 ft-lbs +7%

Weight 15 lbs 5 lbs -10 lbs

Sound - 87.5 dB @2000 rpm -

Catalyst yes yes -

O2 Sensor yes yes -

US$520 for the carbon fibre slip on muffler.

M2_Carbon_Fiber.jpg

Dyno graph here:

http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/Dyno_Charts/dyno_2011_hon_cbr250_SO.pdf

I wonder how it performs at RPM's other than 7k and 3.5k - thats where there numbers are for their HP and torque. I love how they give the decibel reading at idle. <_<

hehehoho;

That's one crappy graph (something TwoBrothers doesn't do often). They have their 'peak' and 'gain' numbers backwards. It also puts the CBR within spitting distance of a stock Ninja 250 (1,5 BHP with some 8 kg weight advantage).

36378d1294674516-will-cbr-250r-kill-ninja-250r-sales-dyno.jpg

thaidiver;

A slip on replaces the muffler can. Often requires a cutting off of the OEM part but leaves the emission controls intact. There is a cost savings over a full system, but IMHO really not worth going with the slip-on since the power gains are so small compared to a full system. In regards to your O2/cat question; it's a bit pointless to worry about the O2 sensor on the CBR since it is, from my understanding, in the engine rather than on the pipe like other bikes. Even getting a full system will not eliminate it. I don't know how the "Juice Box" works, but upon installation of the Power Commander on my Ninja I simply unplugged the O2 sensor and put a supplied resistor set in the harness to fool the ECU into thinking that the A/F ratio was always what the bike was expecting. Getting rid of the cat is always good unless you're a tree hugger since it is a major restriction. However the slip-on will not do that like a full system would.

Back from a blast on the Honda guy's cbr250. Shifts exactly the same as mine so all is well.

That was the only thing I noticed on the bike I rented. Not a deal breaker, just wished it was a bit smoother.

Hey Amras, what was the per day cost to rent the 250? How long did u rent for? Where did u rent from? (city)

looks like I may be wanting to rent for about 30 days.

I tried a friend's rental and thought the experience was a bit like a big Honda Dream. Huge clunk from the gearbox when changing into 1st, and the engine sounded similar to a Dream when revved, too. I sold my Ninja some months ago but would pay the premium if I had to buy another 250cc.

Hey Amras, what was the per day cost to rent the 250? How long did u rent for? Where did u rent from? (city)

looks like I may be wanting to rent for about 30 days.

Not many people have the CBR for rent (that I could find). The only place that had it is Tony's Big Bikes. Can't remember the road but basically the road opposite the moat end of Loh Kroh (on the other side of the moat). Walk down there (you can't turn into it from the moat road going north).

If in doubt, ask around the motorbike rental along Tapae Gate (ont he outside of the moat road). They will point you in the right direction.

Price is normally 800 baht per day excl insurance (100baht per day). But he did it for 800 incl. I rented it for 2 days.