Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I just checked out the www.cbr250thai.com site, and I agree it could use some work. Gun, the webmaster is a nice guy, but not a native English speaker, so please excuse the rough start. He is just trying to get Thais and expats who are interested in the CBR 250 together. Any constuctive critisism that will make the site better is more than welcome.

As a reminder, there is a trip from Nonthaburi to Nakon Nayok on Tuesday the 17th sponsored by this website. So far 22 Thai and 4 foreign riders (myself included) are going. I hear it is beautiful country up there. We will also be doing some white water rafting. If anyone would like to go, let me know.

Edited by SumetCycle

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those interested,

On Thursday 2nd June 2011 at the Catalunya Circuit, Barcelona, Honda Racing Corporation will present the NSF250R 4-stroke machine to be used for the future Moto3 class in 2012

The only similarity to the current CBR250R is that the single pot 250 engine is the basis for the power plant in the race bike. Altho heavily modded of course.

post-78830-0-94250200-1305291756_thumb.j

IN PRAISE OF THE 150

Not much has been said about the 150 lately, with all the attention on the 250, but I want to take a moment to point out what a great “little” bike it is.

Yesterday I did a “road trip” from Chiang Mai to Tak, Tak to Phitsanulok, and Phitsanulok back to Chiang Mai.

Total kilometers was just over 770, and I had a blast. On previous trips I ran between 110-115 kph, but this time I decided to up it a little and see what would happen. The road (hwy 12) from Tak to Phitsanulok is great for bikes. Very long straight, flat stretches of highway that will let you really open up. This little 150 will cruise all day at 120 or 125, with absolutely no problem, and even at 125, if you want to pass someone, give the throttle a little twist and it will very quickly take you to 130. And that is NOT going downhill with a strong wind, but on a straight flat road.

I was seriously thinking of trading it or selling it and going for the 250, but after yesterday’s little jaunt, that idea has been scrapped. I’m keeping this one, but with two changes. Bridgestone tires next month, and a little more padding in the seat.

My “impulsive” side says go for the 250, but my “rational” side, which usually carries more weight, tells me that it’s foolish to spend 130,000 baht for a bike that looks about the same, and cruises at only 10-20kph faster on the highways.

For those with the 250, I know you love ‘em, and that’s fine. I probably would as well if I had one. But on the other hand, I am perfectly happy with my 150.

IN PRAISE OF THE 150

Not much has been said about the 150 lately, with all the attention on the 250, but I want to take a moment to point out what a great "little" bike it is.

Yesterday I did a "road trip" from Chiang Mai to Tak, Tak to Phitsanulok, and Phitsanulok back to Chiang Mai.

Total kilometers was just over 770, and I had a blast. On previous trips I ran between 110-115 kph, but this time I decided to up it a little and see what would happen. The road (hwy 12) from Tak to Phitsanulok is great for bikes. Very long straight, flat stretches of highway that will let you really open up. This little 150 will cruise all day at 120 or 125, with absolutely no problem, and even at 125, if you want to pass someone, give the throttle a little twist and it will very quickly take you to 130. And that is NOT going downhill with a strong wind, but on a straight flat road.

I was seriously thinking of trading it or selling it and going for the 250, but after yesterday's little jaunt, that idea has been scrapped. I'm keeping this one, but with two changes. Bridgestone tires next month, and a little more padding in the seat.

My "impulsive" side says go for the 250, but my "rational" side, which usually carries more weight, tells me that it's foolish to spend 130,000 baht for a bike that looks about the same, and cruises at only 10-20kph faster on the highways.

For those with the 250, I know you love 'em, and that's fine. I probably would as well if I had one. But on the other hand, I am perfectly happy with my 150.

J1V..

Not trying to be a jerk but you seem to have an identity crisis. Several times now you have posted the same post in both the 150 and 250 threads. Since they are usually about your 150, they don't really belong in the 250 thread.

I know initially you were undecided but you made your choice.

I'll still read your posts even if they are only in the 150 thread.

Got up this morning to another normal day. No intention of buying a new bike but, if the wife insists there's no point in arguing :rolleyes:

Just back from honda chumphon where they had 1 abs 250 and 2 standard models at 115k baht and 99k respectively. Bought the red/grey abs so they have 2 black/grey standards still available.

Now i have they old model 150 and new 250 but think i'll keep both. Got to wait another hour or so before i pick it up as they're preparing/checking it.

My wife rocks :D

Got up this morning to another normal day. No intention of buying a new bike but, if the wife insists there's no point in arguing :rolleyes:

Just back from honda chumphon where they had 1 abs 250 and 2 standard models at 115k baht and 99k respectively. Bought the red/grey abs so they have 2 black/grey standards still available.

Now i have they old model 150 and new 250 but think i'll keep both. Got to wait another hour or so before i pick it up as they're preparing/checking it.

Congratulations, JUDAS! Today, I checked prices at a Honda dealer in Nan and was quoted 80 k for the 150 and 110 k for the 250. :blink: Shop around!!!

The prices mentioned above are the MSRP which, when you consider the premium some dealers are asking, is pretty rare but it just goes to show that there are some honest dealers still out there. People are too quick to highlight the premium prices but it's fairly easy really, don't buy from them! When I bought my ABS bike I got quoted 140k for an ABS bike and went about 100mtrs away and paid a deposit there and then when quoted 120k, 5k I could live with but 20k!!!

Enjoy your new ride, it's a great bike and a bargain at 32k less than the Ninja :)

For those interested,

On Thursday 2nd June 2011 at the Catalunya Circuit, Barcelona, Honda Racing Corporation will present the NSF250R 4-stroke machine to be used for the future Moto3 class in 2012

The only similarity to the current CBR250R is that the single pot 250 engine is the basis for the power plant in the race bike. Altho heavily modded of course.

Wow - that should show what's possible with that engine!

For me the engine braking in 1st and 2nd is a big disadvantage, and probably my only gripe about the performance.

The fantastic torque when going in the opposite direction more than makes up for it though. :)

Also, I'm not totally convinced with the temp gauge. It goes from zero to three bars very quickly, and I din't think I've ever seen it go above the 3 bars even when I can feel the heat after 30 mins of 1st and 2nd gear traffic jam commuting.

Honda tank bags available at Sumet Cycle.

The large bag is 900 baht + shipping. The small one is 675 + shipping.

I use the small one myself. It comes in quite handy for storing small items such as glasses, mobile phone, gloves etc. Also, the front phone pocket is a great place for your GPS.

post-121278-0-34432600-1305523031_thumb.

post-121278-0-78551800-1305523033_thumb.

post-121278-0-50815400-1305523036_thumb.

post-121278-0-01291900-1305523039_thumb.

post-121278-0-16674500-1305523041_thumb.

I just checked out the www.cbr250thai.com site, and I agree it could use some work. Gun, the webmaster is a nice guy, but not a native English speaker, so please excuse the rough start. He is just trying to get Thais and expats who are interested in the CBR 250 together. Any constuctive critisism that will make the site better is more than welcome.

As a reminder, there is a trip from Nonthaburi to Nakon Nayok on Tuesday the 17th sponsored by this website. So far 22 Thai and 4 foreign riders (myself included) are going. I hear it is beautiful country up there. We will also be doing some white water rafting. If anyone would like to go, let me know.

Brain, could you give me more details about the trip tommrow? I might join. Thanks

Brain, could you give me more details about the trip tommrow? I might join. Thanks

We are going to meet on Chaiya Pruk Road (this is the road that connects Ratcha Pruk road to the Rama IV bridge leading to Cheang Wattana) at the Bilmola shop. If you are coming from Ratcha Pruk, the Bilmola shop is just past the PTT station on your left. If coming from Chaeng Wattana, you will have to u-turn. I'm off to an appointment right now, but I'll send you a map later tonight. I hope to see you there. Thanks.

Brian

I forgot to mention the meeting time. We will be leaving the Bilmola shop at 9:30 a.m. . If you can't make it here, there is also a meeting point at Future Park Rangsit. We will leave from there at 10:00 a.m. . My internet connection is extreamly slow tonight, so I'm having trouble loading Google Maps. I will keep trying and post a map as soon as I can. Any last minute riders are more than welcome to come as well. Just be at either of the above meeting point before the scheduled leaving times. Thanks.

Brian

Here is the address of the Bilmola shop:

55/61 Moo.1 Rajchaproek Rd.

Pakkred Nonthaburi Thailand 11120

Here is a link to the general area of the shop. Sorry, I couldn't find the it on the map. The address says Rajchaproek. If you stay on Chaiya Pruk coming from the Rama IV bridge it will run right into Rajchproek (sometimes spelled ratcha pruek). Just keep your eyes open for two PTT stations opposite each other. The Bilmola shop is just past the PTT station on the side of the road that runs east towards the Rama IV Bridge and Chaeng Wattana.

http://maps.google.co.th/maps?hl=en&q=http%3A%2F%2Fmaps.google.co.th%2Fmaps%3Fhl%3Den%26tab%3Dwl&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=718l718l0l1l1l0l0l0l0l1466l1466l7-1&biw=1362&bih=557&wrapid=tlif130556214070111&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Give me a call if you need any help with directions in the morning. 081-919-8570

Edited by SumetCycle

Hows the heat from the cbr 250 compared to the ninja 250? The ninja suffers from heat soak around the area where the seat meets the gas tank on the sides and gets pretty hot, really sucks when your stuck in traffic.

Hows the heat from the cbr 250 compared to the ninja 250? The ninja suffers from heat soak around the area where the seat meets the gas tank on the sides and gets pretty hot, really sucks when your stuck in traffic.

Re heat radiation........Slightly off CBR250 topic....but I did a trip Rayong to Khon Kaen on a Yammy R6. I knew it was pretty warm on my legs, but didnt realise how much untill I got off the bike in KK and found huge burn blisters on both my inner thighs. For the return I wrapped up in disposable nappies to absorb the heat.

Can't give a comparison with the ninja, all I can say is, I haven't noticed any heat issues on my cbr250.

No problem when i rode my bike from bangkok to nakhon... No heat that is... The butt pain is different... Had some of that...

R6 nappies? What is next? Full leathers? was it really that hot? That said- it is a hot looking bike...

When idling, let's say at a stop light for example, the radiator fan on my CBR250r turns on and makes the lower part of my inner thighs and knees hot and sometimes sweat. It is only noticeable when I'm wearing shorts, which is usually only when I'm doing short hops around town. I'm riding 100km+ every other day out in the countryside and haven't noticed any heat problems when the bike is in motion.

Can't give a comparison with the ninja, all I can say is, I haven't noticed any heat issues on my cbr250.

Judas, just wondering if you'd like to reevaluate your statement at stoplights ?... seriously

No problem when i rode my bike from bangkok to nakhon... No heat that is... The butt pain is different... Had some of that...

R6 nappies? What is next? Full leathers? was it really that hot? That said- it is a hot looking bike...

Stoplights?

Re heat radiation........Slightly off CBR250 topic....but I did a trip Rayong to Khon Kaen on a Yammy R6. I knew it was pretty warm on my legs, but didnt realise how much untill I got off the bike in KK and found huge burn blisters on both my inner thighs. For the return I wrapped up in disposable nappies to absorb the heat.

Nappies. Nice. I suppose it eliminates the need for toilet breaks. ermm.gifThere must have been a problem with the bike.

No heat issues to report from HOT Phuket.

Judas, just wondering if you'd like to reevaluate your statement at stoplights ?... seriously

As I've got nothing else to do today I'll take the 250 out and do some stop light loitering <_< Back to you later.

Bare in mind though, I never ride in shorts and have definitely never had to wear a nappy :D

Bare in mind though, I never ride in shorts and have definitely never had to wear a nappy :D

Mmmmm! Srisaket, ring any bells?

Lol. I've been busted :lol: Ok, it's been 2 years since I've ridden in shorts. Just trying to figure out who you are now :blink:

As I've got nothing else to do today I'll take the 250 out and do some stop light loitering <_< Back to you later.

lol...dont hurt yourself.

KRS1. Just back from the great experiment :lol: Didn't wear my full length boots, only ankle boots, to allow that heat to get to me!

In all honesty, when I was stationary at lights etc my upper body was getting much hotter due to the weather than my legs from engine heat. Prior to actually checking for any heat on my legs I was totally unaware of it.

For me at least, not an issue at all. Those that it's affecting should stop shaving their legs :rolleyes:

To whom it may concern:

Bought my CBR250 here, went back today for servicing and this is what is available. The owner is a nice guy whom speaks OK English, prices were negotiable and lower than Mityon in Pattaya. No waiting, all brand new, still covered in plastic, 30 minutes from Pattaya.

Here is what is available:

1x red CBR250R ABS, 2x red CBR250R, 1x black CBR250R, 1x black CBR150.

Ruamyont Motorland Honda Dealership, Sattahip, Chonburi.

PM for more details.

Dropped in to the above dealer today (just past Soi 53 on Hwy 3/Sukhumvit). They have a few of CBR250s on the floor. Asking 118k for standard and 128k for ABS (plus 2,400 for greenbook etc). Had black and red in both models. My mate wanted a silver ABS, they said 4 weeks. He is still trying to crunch them a bit on price, so will see what happens.

Edited by taichiplanet