Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

as you are so funny today, there is no way "to shoot off" riding cbr 250 :lol: :lol:

I was just quoting the bike magazine reviews from when they did their shootouts. You know, the ones where the CBR 'shoots off' from the line, leaving the porky behind*. :D

*At least until it can get into the high revs of the high gears.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-81971-0-55993100-1307961245_thumb.jpost-81971-0-95526000-1307961297_thumb.jpost-81971-0-36080800-1307961347_thumb.j

Ordered this Honda tank bag in size Large from Sumetcycle. Less than 1.100 baht including EMS to my door, it is increadible value for money. Well padded to avoid dents in tank, small and large rooms, clear plastic room for GPS/phone, raincote. Magnets hold it in position, at least on my Ninja 650R up to 150 kmh. Have additional cords.

When off bike, can be used as a small backpack, comes with a raincote.

Large works fine on Ninja650R, no problem to hold knees to tank, but may be to large for CBR250.

BTW, as the bag covers the kwaker stickers on the tank and the bag is badged Honda, Is this TH first Honda Ninja650R?:)

LMAO- An infomercial disguised as a review with a bunch of Canadian 125 riders getting all excited over a piddly 250... :jerk:

A piddly 250?! Your hypocrisy amazes me! You recently posted that your own first bike here in Thailand was a 250cc (couldn't afford the imports :D)

I never said I couldn't afford an import. Do you suffer a reading disability? :rolleyes:

A piddly 250?! Your hypocrisy amazes me! You recently posted that your own first bike here in Thailand was a 250cc (couldn't afford the imports :D)

One of the torque-less porkies-for-posers wasn't it. Had one of those next to me a few days ago with a pillion on it. You should have seen it try to take off. :o:D I almost felt bad for them when I decided to shoot off.

The only way you're going to "shoot off" on a CB"r"" 250 is if somebody gives you a nice push :lol:

Watch closely and see if you can spot the 250 in this vid- LMAO! :cheesy:

LMAO- An infomercial disguised as a review with a bunch of Canadian 125 riders getting all excited over a piddly 250... :jerk:

I never said I couldn't afford an import. Do you suffer a reading disability? :rolleyes:

And just because someone decides to buy a CBR 250R instead of a Ninja doesn't mean they can't afford the Ninja yet you constantly claim just that. If a product is 30-40% cheaper than it's nearest competitor then price will sometimes be a factor regardless of whether the purchaser can afford it or not.

You didn't want to buy an imported bike because of the price so, according to your mentality, you couldn't afford it :bah:

The only way you're going to "shoot off" on a CB"r"" 250 is if somebody gives you a nice push :lol:

Not when coming off the line with a green porky250 next to it, sorry, behind it. :lol:

Keep on comparing it to a 1000cc gixxer though, if it helps make that easier. :D

Edited by hehehoho

REMUS exhaust.

2_2512_8b292ca05ac9f14.jpg

Wow, Panda now has these listed on their website as coming soon for the CBR 250. The titanium is priced at 15,000 and the carbon at 16,000. It is a bit shorter than the one for the Ninja and with the adaptor fits right on the stock CBR pipe. Much better price point for sure. dam_n, if I had only had the patience to wait a month or two!

Edited by SumetCycle

If a product is 30-40% cheaper than it's nearest competitor then price will sometimes be a factor regardless of whether the purchaser can afford it or not.

So, not only can you not read, but you can't do basic math either... :rolleyes:

Not when coming off the line with a green porky250 next to it, sorry, behind it. :lol:

A 250 drag race- how exciting... NOT

Yep, you'll be a whopping meter or two ahead on your little CB"r" thumper until you hit 3rd gear and watch in dismay at the porky Ninjette pulls away :lol:

Throw in a few curves and the Ninjette will be leaving you behind even sooner KawasakiSmiley2.jpg

Watch closely and see if you can spot the 250 in this vid- LMAO! :cheesy:

I recognise that sound! You're the p"r"ick that drives past my place at full throttle in 3rd at 4am! :D

Aye, busted again- but you see, the advantage of riding home right around sunrise is that the BiB have called it a night and the soi dogs are all asleep :jap:

Full throttle in 3rd is a Banana Boy signature, but I must admit, it does help me stay awake! :lol:

If a product is 30-40% cheaper than it's nearest competitor then price will sometimes be a factor regardless of whether the purchaser can afford it or not.

Nowt wrong with my math Toni, I did think I might have to KISS so that you'd understand, looks like I was right ;)

I have an ABS CBR but was quoted 105,000 for the non-abs bike and the Ninja is listed at 147,500.

If someone is planning to buy a CBR@105,000 but are also tempted by the Ninja then they will have to pay another 40% (105,000 + 40% = 147,000) to do so.

If someone is planning to buy a Ninja@147,500 then they can spend 29% less and get a CBR (147,500 - 29% = 104,725).

Whichever way you look at it the result is the same and the Ninja isn't 29%-40% better than the CBR! If someone is trying to decide between two televisions that are very similar, one is 50k and one is 70k, which one are they likely to buy? If someone is trying to decide between two similar cars, one is 500k and one is 700k, which one are they likely to buy? A big price difference will always be a factor, something which you've admitted yourself, but I have never seen a post by anyone that states they can't afford the Ninja so are buying the CBR instead but you keep making that daft claim. But you did admit that you didn't buy a bike here until Kawasaki started selling their cheapies which suggests you couldn't afford the imports :D

Nowt wrong with my math Toni, I did think I might have to KISS so that you'd understand, looks like I was right ;)

I have an ABS CBR but was quoted 105,000 for the non-abs bike and the Ninja is listed at 147,500.

If someone is planning to buy a CBR@105,000 but are also tempted by the Ninja then they will have to pay another 40% (105,000 + 40% = 147,000) to do so.

If someone is planning to buy a Ninja@147,500 then they can spend 29% less and get a CBR (147,500 - 29% = 104,725).

Whichever way you look at it the result is the same and the Ninja isn't 29%-40% better than the CBR! If someone is trying to decide between two televisions that are very similar, one is 50k and one is 70k, which one are they likely to buy? If someone is trying to decide between two similar cars, one is 500k and one is 700k, which one are they likely to buy? A big price difference will always be a factor, something which you've admitted yourself, but I have never seen a post by anyone that states they can't afford the Ninja so are buying the CBR instead but you keep making that daft claim. But you did admit that you didn't buy a bike here until Kawasaki started selling their cheapies which suggests you couldn't afford the imports :D

JEEEEEEEZZZZZEE. Ladies stop pulling each others hair out for gods sake..

Skyblue. Tony's winding you up and you bite every time.....Both of you are bad boys and should stop with the dummy throwingwhistling.gif

Have a nice day at the nurserybiggrin.gifcool.gif

JEEEEEEEZZZZZEE. Ladies stop pulling each others hair out for gods sake..

Skyblue. Tony's winding you up and you bite every time.....Both of you are bad boys and should stop with the dummy throwingwhistling.gif

Have a nice day at the nursery :Dcool.gif

I know he's a wind-up merchant and not to be taken seriously and I don't. But all of his posts are pisstakes or put-downs so it's nice to give some back. He loves Kawasaki so much because, apart from a knock-down gixxer, they are the only bikes he's been able to afford here so it's understandable that he's a bit angry Honda have released the CBR but he needs to let it go and grow up :lol:.

But you're right so my dummy has been thrown for the last time, if his ego needs to be inflated by taking the piss then he can carry on by himself :D

I moved to Thailand in 2007 leaving my beloved Honda CBR 600 F2 in Japan.

I looked at a lot of overpriced imported bikes and almost pulled the trigger on a second hand VFR800 for ~5xxK baht, but coming from the US I just couldn't swallow the prices they were asking here in Thailand AND I'd never ridden anything other than rented scooters and dirtbikes in Thailand so had no clue about road riding in this county. So when I learned that Kawasaki was going to sell the Ninja 250R for a mere ~130k Baht (2008 promotion price) I was jumped on it. Smallest bike I've ever owned but excellent fun.

I figured what the heck- it's so cheap, I'd just buy one, check out the Thai riding scene and if I liked it I could always upgrade to a real bike later and if I didn't like it I could sell it without too much of a loss.

The rest is history :)

Not saying that you couldn't afford the import big bikes, but you state that you left your CBR 600 in Japan (where bikes aren't cheap as for instance the CBR 250 is listed at 170-190 000 THB) and yet you kept your US mentality and "couldn't swallow the prices" which most people would take to mean that the quoted price was higher than you were prepared to pay and thus you couldn't afford it....and there's absolutely nothing wrong with admitting that. With the exception of those filthy rich basturds, the younger guys need to make sure that they're set up in a new country before splurging on toys.

However if one is to be an ongoing ass (taking the piss as they like to call it even though it's not funny to anyone and repeated ad nauseum makes a general impression as that being the complete repetoire of their debating abilities and intelligence level) by attempting to mock others for the exact same thing that they did than the mocker is actually the king without clothes....

'Not saying that you couldn't afford the import big bikes, but you state that you left your CBR 600 in Japan (where bikes aren't cheap as for instance the CBR 250 is listed at 170-190 000 THB) and yet you kept your US mentality and "couldn't swallow the prices" which most people would take to mean that the quoted price was higher than you were prepared to pay and thus you couldn't afford it..' ~ Dave_Boo to Tony

I cannot agree with this single thought. I could buy a CBR 250R ABS tomorrow, but I can't swallow the price. I won't pay it to profiteers who almost certainly will charge me all the traffic will bear in all other things if the opportunity arises in the future. Similarly I won't pay protective import duties if any other similar bike avoids it (probably because the fix is in on beer imports and therefore beer prices). Certainly, my just setting up here in Thailand could figure in my thinking, but paying (coming from the U.S.) what seems far too much strikes me as meaning indignation more than it indicates practicality. I mean, hexl, this is e-mail.

But certainly if I argue that 30,000 baht is insignificant, I'm just doing whatever 'taking the piss' is in reverse - all over myself. Er, no, maybe that doesn't work. Perhaps I mean that I'd just be boasting - a bit.

Edited by CMX

Well this thread is getting a bit polluted. Btw, not willing to pay and not being able to afford are certainly 2 different things in my book. IMO the cbr is great value, the price of some of the after market parts certainly aren't. The N250 isn't good value, especially if you plan (and probably will) mod it to make it less gutless in the mid-range. Best value around has to be the Kawa650's.

'Not saying that you couldn't afford the import big bikes, but you state that you left your CBR 600 in Japan (where bikes aren't cheap as for instance the CBR 250 is listed at 170-190 000 THB) and yet you kept your US mentality and "couldn't swallow the prices" which most people would take to mean that the quoted price was higher than you were prepared to pay and thus you couldn't afford it..' ~ Dave_Boo to Tony

I cannot agree with this single thought. I could buy a CBR 250R ABS tomorrow, but I can't swallow the price. I won't pay it to profiteers who almost certainly will charge me all the traffic will bear in all other things if the opportunity arises in the future. Similarly I won't pay protective import duties if any other similar bike avoids it (probably because the fix is in on beer imports and therefore beer prices). Certainly, my just setting up here in Thailand could figure in my thinking, but paying (coming from the U.S.) what seems far too much strikes me as meaning indignation more than it indicates practicality. I mean, hexl, this is e-mail.

But certainly if I argue that 30,000 baht is insignificant, I'm just doing whatever 'taking the piss' is in reverse - all over myself. Er, no, maybe that doesn't work. Perhaps I mean that I'd just be boasting - a bit.

The CBR ABS can still be found for 115,000-120,000 baht if you make a few phone calls which is the lowest price anywhere on the planet.

Edited by skybluestu

Well this thread is getting a bit polluted. Btw, not willing to pay and not being able to afford are certainly 2 different things in my book. IMO the cbr is great value, the price of some of the after market parts certainly aren't. The N250 isn't good value, especially if you plan (and probably will) mod it to make it less gutless in the mid-range. Best value around has to be the Kawa650's.

Personally I think the domestically produced bikes are all great value compared to overpriced imports.

If I was looking for a 250 I'd pay just a bit more to get the more powerful, more reliable and better handling Ninjette.

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong the the CB"r". If you're on a tight budget, a noob, prefer fuel efficiency and sedate city riding then perhaps the CB"r" is the better choice.

Ride On!

T

Edited by BigBikeBKK

I moved to Thailand in 2007 leaving my beloved Honda CBR 600 F2 in Japan.

I looked at a lot of overpriced imported bikes and almost pulled the trigger on a second hand VFR800 for ~5xxK baht, but coming from the US I just couldn't swallow the prices they were asking here in Thailand AND I'd never ridden anything other than rented scooters and dirtbikes in Thailand so had no clue about road riding in this county. So when I learned that Kawasaki was going to sell the Ninja 250R for a mere ~130k Baht (2008 promotion price) I was jumped on it. Smallest bike I've ever owned but excellent fun.

I figured what the heck- it's so cheap, I'd just buy one, check out the Thai riding scene and if I liked it I could always upgrade to a real bike later and if I didn't like it I could sell it without too much of a loss.

The rest is history :)

Not saying that you couldn't afford the import big bikes, but you state that you left your CBR 600 in Japan (where bikes aren't cheap as for instance the CBR 250 is listed at 170-190 000 THB) and yet you kept your US mentality and "couldn't swallow the prices" which most people would take to mean that the quoted price was higher than you were prepared to pay and thus you couldn't afford it....and there's absolutely nothing wrong with admitting that. With the exception of those filthy rich basturds, the younger guys need to make sure that they're set up in a new country before splurging on toys.

However if one is to be an ongoing ass (taking the piss as they like to call it even though it's not funny to anyone and repeated ad nauseum makes a general impression as that being the complete repetoire of their debating abilities and intelligence level) by attempting to mock others for the exact same thing that they did than the mocker is actually the king without clothes....

I was paid in US$ at the time- look at the exchange rate back in 2007, bikes in Japan were pretty darn cheap and second hand vehicles in Japan have always been dirt cheap. Anyway, I didn't buy my CBR 600 in Japan, I brought it over from the US. Of course today with the Yen being as strong as it is yes, bike prices in Japan look pretty high, but it's due to the exchange rate and helps explain why Japan is trying to outsource more and more of their manufacturing to countries with more favorable exchange rates and labor costs. 5-10 years ago new bike prices (for Japanese bikes) in Japan were a pretty close match to US prices. Of course, back then US$1 bought you between 130-140 Japanese Yen. What's the exchange today? Something like 80 Yen to the dollar?! Similar Yen appreciation is seen against the Thai Baht too.

If I was looking for a 250 I'd pay just a bit more to get the more powerful, more reliable and better handling Ninjette.

Though for the same money (almost 150k thb)the CBR will be modded to likely be more powerful (certainly power to weight), reliability comparison is too early to tell, and would have a better aftermarket suspension set up. Not to mention the far, far superior torque. Probably have a new set of tyres on her too with that budget.

Spending 30-50k modding a new ninjette would be crazy when there are 1 yr old 650s for virtually the same price. Spending 150k or so on an overweight, under torqued, choked up 250 that's a dog under 9000rpm in this market doesn't add up.

Edited by hehehoho

Spending 30-50k modding a new ninjette would be crazy when there are 1 yr old 650s for virtually the same price. Spending 150k or so on an overweight, under torqued, choked up 250 that's a dog under 9000rpm in this market doesn't add up.

Which is why I own a couple 650's instead of 250's...

BUT a 250 would be an inexpensive and fun track toy. (as are the 650's)

But 250 is really small for touring or riding two up. For anything other than track I'd choose a bigger bike. If I had to ride in the city I'd get a scooter or a motard.

For a 250 track toy it'll take a fair bit of money and mods to create a CB"r" 250 that can compete with a Ninjette at the track.

NinjaSign.gif

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Tony. Have you ridden a Cbr250 yet.

What are you basing your assumptions on. (And yes i agree that the single cylinder cbr will always be down on the twin Ninja on outright power)

But doesn't the extra torque of the Cbr come into play on the short tracks that we have in Thailand..Also what other mods do you think would be neccesary?

I'm asking the questions as a non racer (as you knowrolleyes.gif)

PS: Do you know when the next Cbr250 race is at Nakhon Chaisri.

There's a race this weekend at thailand circuit. The superbikes will be racing along with Moto3 which is the class they race the cbr250. The Moto3 guys are pretty fast around thailand circuit, i've got a couple of videos i'll post soon.

found this on the APe Honda site, a sales guide book for dealers on the CBR150/250. It's in thai and don't think there is anything earth shattering in it, just a nice glossy booklet for the sales staff to learn their sales pitch. Even a section on 'target user'.

Click the link with (23.5 MB) at the end of the sentence for a pdf file

http://www.aphonda.co.th/2010/2010_page205.asp?id=2357

Tony. Have you ridden a Cbr250 yet.

What are you basing your assumptions on. (And yes i agree that the single cylinder cbr will always be down on the twin Ninja on outright power)

But doesn't the extra torque of the Cbr come into play on the short tracks that we have in Thailand..Also what other mods do you think would be neccesary?

I'm asking the questions as a non racer (as you knowrolleyes.gif)

PS: Do you know when the next Cbr250 race is at Nakhon Chaisri.

Didn't he say he had a 5-10min test on a friends bike? And from those 5-10mins and some selective reading he feels the need to completely slate the bike and call it a CB'r' while still calling the 250 Kawasaki a 'Ninja'. I chatted to one of my colleagues recently who used his brother's 'Ninja' to take a ride up Doi Tung recently which is quite steep and twisty and he said he was having to constantly shift between 2nd-3rd gears yet I do the same ride on my CBR using only 3rd, isn't the Ninja is supposed to be superior in the twisties?

Which is why I own a couple 650's instead of 250's...

BUT a 250 would be an inexpensive and fun track toy. (as are the 650's)

But 250 is really small for touring or riding two up. For anything other than track I'd choose a bigger bike. If I had to ride in the city I'd get a scooter or a motard.

For a 250 track toy it'll take a fair bit of money and mods to create a CB"r" 250 that can compete with a Ninjette at the track.

NinjaSign.gif

Exactly. I've also got a bigger bike that I use for touring but I love the little Ninja so much that I can't bear to sell it (considered it a few times but couldn't do it). It's a blast to ride around the city and when the current project finishes I'll get round to using it for some track days, for which it's clearly superior to the CBR and far less hassle than the Honda if it ends up cartwheeling down the track. I wouldn't fancy going back to some cowboys that fleeced me on the original sale and asking them to rebuild a bike they'd never been trained to work on. I can only imagine the headaches that would be involved compared to dropping it off at Kawasaki and collecting it a few days later.

So am I regretting buying it when I could have waited 3 years and got a toned down version from APe Honda for 20-30k cheaper? Course not.

Having said that, bike availability has come a long way since I bought in August 2008. If I was buying now I wouldn't consider either 250. 120-130k for a CBR and then 20k on mods will get you a used ER6n. Either 250 doesn't make sense now unless you're a new rider or ride solely in the city, in which case the CBR150 will do. Kawasaki changed the bike market in LOS and for that they deserve credit.

FYI guys: Before the CBR 250 was released all authorized Honda dealers had to send at least one of their mechanics to AP Honda for training in servicing and repairing it. This is standard practice when a new model is released. Honda mechanics are just as trained and qualified as Kawasaki mechanics.