Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

The indicators (all 4) suddenly stopped working on mine last night (no flashing light on the dash either). This morning they suddenly came back on after about 30 mins of riding, then stopped working again 10 mins later and are yet to start again. Something similar happened when it was a month or two old and it was something to do with water getting into a fuse or something, but it's been perfectly dry here.

Have to say that for a 9 month old bike the amount of small little things going wrong with it is getting a bit tedious. which is a shame as it's so much fun to ride.

could always trade it in and get a ninja...... :D

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

small warranty issues are a pain in the sack............its the minor niggles that drive you crazy,saying that i will probably add a CBR 250R to my collection soon

i had a spin on one for 5 minutes last week and i was surprised it was so comfortable .......but i couldnt get a decent blast on it because we were in the city centre and traffic jamed roads everywhere , i will borrow a friends for a few hours or a full day test before i get one but it seems alright for the asking money .........

whats the cheapest mods to get a bit of real speed out of these new 250r cbrs ?

according to my old drinking buddy 22 hp is a joke from a modern 250cc "sportsbike" :rolleyes: but he comes from another generation

where things like noise ,pollution and emission tests were probably never even considered

i love the stories about bikes from the past ive never ridden (mainly 2 stroke machines ) weighing next to nothing and having twice or tripple the H power and the ability to

chew u up and spit u out if u make the slightest error in judgement :whistling:

granted ,we will probably not get a major manufactrer building 250 or 500cc 2 strokes again

having never ridden bikes from the 70s and 80s its interesting stuff ,i love this vid

Hi guys,

I'm interested in buying a used CBR250 in excellent condition with low kms. I'm in Hua Hin so would have to be within riding distance from here, for me that is as far as Chumpon to the south, and Bangkok or Kanchanburi to the north. Will consider both ABS and non-ABS models depending on the price. I like all three of the colours available.

Please PM me.

Hi guys,

I'm interested in buying a used CBR250 in excellent condition with low kms. I'm in Hua Hin so would have to be within riding distance from here, for me that is as far as Chumpon to the south, and Bangkok or Kanchanburi to the north. Will consider both ABS and non-ABS models depending on the price. I like all three of the colours available.

Please PM me.

Is this appealing or what?

Red CBR250,

Excellent condition

Pirelli sports demons (much better than stock)

Shad 45 box and rack

13,000km

Bangkok based.

I'll pm you too.

Tiffer

69 euros for that Puig on ebay (2,888b) and they are charging 4,750b...cheeky bastards..

according to Puig website

these are the distributors: And they want 4,800b hahahahahahahaha biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

teera motorcycles

TEERAMOTteerORCYCLE

249 NEW URUPONG,RAMA 1R.RONGMUAN 10330 PRATUMWAN BANGKOK - PRATUMWAN BANGKOK>6622140399 [email protected][/email]

Edited by thaicbr

69 euros for that Puig on ebay (2,888b)

That's more like it, thanks for the info. I'd still like to check out the extended Honda screen though, but there's a long back order on it.

To be honest I'm torn between spending money on this bike now or just waiting until next year and selling it to buy a Kawa650. It's so tempting just to drop 40k on things like this, rear sets, tidy tail, juicebox, speed-demons...

69 euros for that Puig on ebay (2,888b)

That's more like it, thanks for the info. I'd still like to check out the extended Honda screen though, but there's a long back order on it.

To be honest I'm torn between spending money on this bike now or just waiting until next year and selling it to buy a Kawa650. It's so tempting just to drop 40k on things like this, rear sets, tidy tail, juicebox, speed-demons...

just get a 650 you wont regret it......

I just upgraded from the 250cc to the 650cc... cbr to ninja... Whilst I think the CBR is a better bike in a large city, that ninja is a ton of fun and a split hair from dying in a horrible bike accident... I just cant go slow on it... too much fun..

That is exactly why i'm getting a Cbr250 not a ninja650 (also not enough money :D)

PS: be careful.. luck can not hold out for ever.

I just upgraded from the 250cc to the 650cc... cbr to ninja... Whilst I think the CBR is a better bike in a large city, that ninja is a ton of fun and a split hair from dying in a horrible bike accident... I just cant go slow on it... too much fun..

That is exactly why i'm getting a Cbr250 not a ninja650 (also not enough money :D)

PS: be careful.. luck can not hold out for ever.

ThaiCBR is correct.

I have the CBR and the Ninja and a little caution goes a long, long way.

And whilst we choose how we ride, we cannot choose how others drive!

Pootle on haha!

Edited by Tiffer

according to my old drinking buddy 22 hp is a joke from a modern 250cc "sportsbike" :rolleyes: but he comes from another generation

where things like noise ,pollution and emission tests were probably never even considered

That NSR500 that Freddie was riding was reputed to be one of the hardest race bikes to ride well, ever (next to the gamma). It and its generation of 500cc two strokes were making insane power in narrow power-bands and the frames and suspensions of the era didn't really match the power on hand. Those bikes were also factory race bikes, not super-sport modified commercially available bikes. The commercially available NSR400 was a very different bike from the F1 bike but it was still a blast. Two friends of mine got them when I got a VFR500, needless to say they were faster than me on their bikes but they had all the hassles of finicky 2 strokes while I had a nice V4 four stroke that was easy to ride and reasonably fast.

The CBR 250 is a completely different kettle of fish and was never meant to be a race bike. It is a brilliant quarter litre all-rounder but it is not a proper sport bike, otherwise it would have, a peakier power delivery, fully adjustable suspension, a more rigid frame and swingarm, bigger wheels, less comfortable ergonomics, shorter range, more expensive fuel, etc, etc, etc. If you really want a sport bike but can't afford the $ you might be better off buying an older CBR400 or VFR400 and update them. Trying to convert a CBR into something it was never meant to be would be a more difficult and costly proposition.

Just save up and buy a used 10yr old CBR/GSXR/YZF/ZX etc.

That NSR500 that Freddie was riding was reputed to be one of the hardest race bikes to ride well, ever (next to the gamma). It and its generation of 500cc two strokes were making insane power in narrow power-bands and the frames and suspensions of the era didn't really match the power on hand. Those bikes were also factory race bikes, not super-sport modified commercially available bikes. The commercially available NSR400 was a very different bike from the F1 bike but it was still a blast. Two friends of mine got them when I got a VFR500, needless to say they were faster than me on their bikes but they had all the hassles of finicky 2 strokes while I had a nice V4 four stroke that was easy to ride and reasonably fast.

The CBR 250 is a completely different kettle of fish and was never meant to be a race bike. It is a brilliant quarter litre all-rounder but it is not a proper sport bike, otherwise it would have, a peakier power delivery, fully adjustable suspension, a more rigid frame and swingarm, bigger wheels, less comfortable ergonomics, shorter range, more expensive fuel, etc, etc, etc. If you really want a sport bike but can't afford the $ you might be better off buying an older CBR400 or VFR400 and update them. Trying to convert a CBR into something it was never meant to be would be a more difficult and costly proposition.

Just save up and buy a used 10yr old CBR/GSXR/YZF/ZX etc.

Hmm. I love my CBR in town and for mid range hops.

A big engine is bloody hot in town and no mistaking it.

All bikes have their place.

There is NO point buying a big bike if 90% of your time is short hops around a big city like Bkk.

Bit if you do longer trips or have access to good open roads, it's another story.

A price and a place for everything!

Hmm. I love my CBR in town and for mid range hops.

A big engine is bloody hot in town and no mistaking it.

All bikes have their place.

There is NO point buying a big bike if 90% of your time is short hops around a big city like Bkk.

Bit if you do longer trips or have access to good open roads, it's another story.

A price and a place for everything!

That's what I was trying to get at. Enjoy the bike for what it is, a great little all rounder. Don't get hung up on trying to mod it into a real sport bike.

Had an old CB400 scream past as I was cruising along this morning. Next light he revved up a bit and went to take off, empty road straight ahead until the next light, so I went for it too, smashed him up to about 130kph when it was time to slow down for the lights and he then went past. This was repeated three times on the stretch of road.

It was an old model, having seen better days for sure, and have no doubt that if it was a length of unbroken road he would have passed at around 140 and then been gone, but was interesting.

Edited by hehehoho

72 kilos, mulitple times going to BKK from CNX sustained 8 hours off and on, as well as from Khao Yai to BKK last year and going around the Korat plateau 8 hours sustained as well.... and today going to and from San Kamphaeng from CNX. Bikes fit, valves are shimmed to tolerance, stock sprockets. Up to 5th gear, no need for 6th, it just slows you down.

cdi, plug, wire, airbox mod. Thats it.

Had an old model 150 cruising (while pinned) at 140kph with K&N airfilter and full system pipe. Felt fine. MSP tyres which make a big difference to how safe it feels.

That is of course indicated speed, speedo was off by probably 10%?

Edited by hehehoho

btw Faddybike said they have the windscreen I showed above coming on Friday, 2200thb unpainted.

I'd like to see a shot from the rider's position first, ie, how bad it looks with the dash not being screwed into where it should, and just how noisy that might become without it being secured as well as when bolted to the stock faring.