Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

I took my 250 in for it's first oil change and the "mechanic" drained the oil by taking out the T50 torx bolt instead of using the oil drain bolt. The torx bolt on the right side of the engine a bit behind the oil filtre over top of the exhaust pipe. Any one have an idea what the real purpose of that bolt is?

Thanks

Seriously? Is this a legit Honda dealer?

Not sure which bolt you mean, but if he didn't drain it using the sump bolt then I suspect that a lot of the old oil is still in there. I'd suggest taking it somewhere else and having it changed again ASAP. Or better still do it yourself - it's a really easy job even if you have no experience (maybe you do?) At least you'll know it's been done correctly.

Believe me I wanted to do it myself but you need the stamp in the warranty book to keep it up to date. With my other bike the mechanic watched while I did everything, I think I'll use that technique next time.

I've attached a parts fiche picture. It just looks like a plug. So I assume no damage. It's plug #2. Part #11107-KYJ-900 BOLT, SEALING (16MM)

Maybe not as bad as my old Pontiac. Took it in for an oil change and they forgot to put any oil back in. Started making some funny noises by the time I hit the end of the driveway.

post-32399-0-56649100-1314665405_thumb.j

CBR 250 crankcase parts.txt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my 250 in for it's first oil change and the "mechanic" drained the oil by taking out the T50 torx bolt instead of using the oil drain bolt. The torx bolt on the right side of the engine a bit behind the oil filtre over top of the exhaust pipe. Any one have an idea what the real purpose of that bolt is?

Thanks

Not sure which bolt you mean, but if he didn't drain it using the sump bolt then I suspect that a lot of the old oil is still in there. I'd suggest taking it somewhere else and having it changed again ASAP. Or better still do it yourself - it's a really easy job even if you have no experience (maybe you do?) At least you'll know it's been done correctly.

Believe me I wanted to do it myself but you need the stamp in the warranty book to keep it up to date. With my other bike the mechanic watched while I did everything, I think I'll use that technique next time.

I've attached a parts fiche picture. It just looks like a plug. So I assume no damage. It's plug #2. Part #11107-KYJ-900 BOLT, SEALING (16MM)

Maybe not as bad as my old Pontiac. Took it in for an oil change and they forgot to put any oil back in. Started making some funny noises by the time I hit the end of the driveway.

I wouldn't worry about the stamp in the book. At this rate a CBR that's never been touched by APe Honda might be a good selling point :lol:

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about the stamp in the book. At this rate a CBR that's never been touched by APe Honda might be a good selling point :lol:

That's funny. It might almost be true, which is sad.

Yoshi's standard mufflers are out for the CBR250R. Quite reasonably priced too actually, in America, unless going for the carbon fibre which is US$200 more.

https://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-4697-1893-trc-stainlessstainless-slip-on.aspx

4697.jpg

4697_4_.jpg

US$379.

What's that, about 11,500thb. Be interesting how much above 20,000thb the Thai retailers sell it for.

And for those a bit less clued in, an aftermarket yoshi will usually be better looking than a stock pipe. :D

I can't find any dealers for the Yoshi slipon in BKK. Anyone know of one and the price?

Yoshi's standard mufflers are out for the CBR250R. Quite reasonably priced too actually, in America, unless going for the carbon fibre which is US$200 more.

https://www.yoshimur...ss-slip-on.aspx

4697.jpg

4697_4_.jpg

US$379.

What's that, about 11,500thb. Be interesting how much above 20,000thb the Thai retailers sell it for.

And for those a bit less clued in, an aftermarket yoshi will usually be better looking than a stock pipe. :D

I can't find any dealers for the Yoshi slipon in BKK. Anyone know of one and the price?

I think I know a place that might have them. I really like the look of this Yoshi. I'm tempted to swap out my Remus for one. I'll check and let you know. Thanks

Brian

The full system Yoshimura goes for 23,000 and the slip on is 20,000. The slip on is out of stock at the moment, but the full system is available. We offer free installation if you buy here at Sumet. We can also ship anywhwere in Thailand. Thanks.

Brian

Has anyone heard if this luggage set up from Honda will be available here soon?

Thanks

Nope. I have no idea but...

Being Honda badged bags I bet they will be very expensive!

Why not go for a set of Shad top and side cases?

- Look good

- Colour coded

- Jet wash water tight

- Work well (can leave locked or unlocked)

- Good price

Upgrading Brake Pads.

I'm about to hit 18,000km and would like to upgrade to some new brake pads, simply a case of why not.

The stock are 'NISSIN NKx20FF' The FF being a low compound I believe.

Would like some EBC pads I think. And the following should be the same:

FA223 (9.8mm thick)

FA142 (8.3mm thick)

FA196 (8.3mm thick)

Ferodo number i think is FDB570.

Ratings for brake pads should be:

FF

GG

HH

I'd like a set of EBC HH sintered pads (FA196HH) if possible.

Can get them off ebay but I much prefer to buy in the flesh. Anyone know of a shop in Bangkok that deals in different types of decent brake pads??

Thanks.

Upgrading Brake Pads.

I'm about to hit 18,000km and would like to upgrade to some new brake pads, simply a case of why not.

FA223 (9.8mm thick)

FA142 (8.3mm thick)

FA196 (8.3mm thick)

FF

GG

HH

Can get them off ebay but I much prefer to buy in the flesh. Anyone know of a shop in Bangkok that deals in different types of decent brake pads??

Thanks.

red baron shop sells replacement brake pads for bikes ,dunno how "decent" they are though

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Now, on a very interesting note.

CBR race team in America. Were racing in the Superstock Series, which allows basic mods. Well, these are the details of their dyno.

2011 CBR250R with full M4 exhaust, Bazzaz fuel control tuning and airbox removed.

Best pull made 27.25hp/17.92lb ft torque.

Completely stock it made 22.79hp/14.87lb ft torque.

In it's first race against a fleet of ninja 250s (a whole 22 of them!), it finished first by over 5 seconds.

In a 2 Hour Endurance race it finished first by an entire lap, in the process breaking the lap record.

What a great little bike.

CBR race team in America. Were racing in the Superstock Series, which allows basic mods. Well, these are the details of their dyno.

2011 CBR250R with full M4 exhaust, Bazzaz fuel control tuning and airbox removed.

In it's first race against a fleet of ninja 250s (a whole 22 of them!), it finished first by over 5 seconds.

In a 2 Hour Endurance race it finished first by an entire lap, in the process breaking the lap record.

o-rly__ruserious.jpg?w=467&h=400

Let's see how the Ninja guys try and spin this...

Has anyone heard if this luggage set up from Honda will be available here soon?

Thanks

Yes please! I'd luv a set of those hard bags for our trips to Makro. So would the GF. No more hands full of shopping bags (from Big C), or swinging in the breeze for her.

But it looks like I'd be up for the cost of another muffler.....which looks :blink:

o-rly__ruserious.jpg?w=467&h=400

Let's see how the Ninja guys try and spin this...

Uhhh, the Ninja riders weren't really racing.|

Uhhh, the CBR had illegal mods made to it.

Uhhh, the writer is a well known notorious liar paid by Honda

:sorry:

Modded bike using oxygenated fuel. No conspiracy. Simple as.

Some interesting quotes on that thread from the guys on stockers(?) though..

Post 11

"I cannot keep up with the Ninja 250's on the main straight, catch them like crazy in the corners then lose again on the back straight.. they definitely have a horsepower advantage on me!!! This is racing in the MRA in Colorado...<BR itxtNodeId="75"><BR itxtNodeId="74">Now on my regular bike racing the same people I have no troubles putting them behind me... definitely frustrating as I want this Honda to take a podium spot!!!"

Post 19

"I believe 3 of the 4 Ninja 250s that I'm beating on the track are pre-2008 models. One younger kid is on a 2008+ and I bet as his skills improve he will catch me on the straights. The Aprilia RS125 runs away from me on every straight - I've beaten him 3 times but he beat me by a lot at our last race. It's frustrating to watch him pull away so easily.

If Honda doesn't pay $$ in my racing org next year I may buy a Ninja 250; in fact, I may buy one anyways"

At least some Honda owners aren't afraid to tell it like it is :lol:

Look at the name of the race... Too funny.

RENTMYNINJA.COM E SUPERSTOCK: 1. Ryan Andrews (Hon CBR250R); 2. Alan Phillips (Kaw EX250); 3. Brandon Altmeyer (Kaw EX250); 4. Dustin Dominguez (Kaw EX250); 5. Ryan Max Johnson (Kaw EX250); 6. Austin Gore (Kaw EX250).

The great, lone CBR250R followed by 22 ninjas. :cheesy:

http://roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=45852

And then the 2 hr endurance:

2-HOUR MINI ENDURANCE: 1. Davis Rod and Cycle (Derek Wagnon/Jesse Davis/Ryan Andrews/Stephen Guynes/Derek Thomas), Hon CBR250R, Formula 4, 79 laps; 2. Howlie Boyz (Dean Thimjon/Jason Swan/Jim Swan), Kaw EX250, Formula 4, 78 laps; 3. RG&D Racing (Aaron Gore/Austin Gore/Dustin Dominguez/Clayton Schutz/Alan Phillips), Kaw EX250, Formula 4, 78 laps; 4. Scarey Racing (Greg Anderson/Sam Carey/Ricky Parker/Chris Carey/Matt Hall), Kaw EX250, Formula 4, 76 laps; 5. Green Time (Rich Wu/John Deuser), Kaw EX250, Formula 4, 75 laps; 6. Team Cizznakel (Britten Geary/Darnell Dorsey/Danny Dominguez/Keith Cornman), Kaw EX250, Formula 4, 74 laps.

An entire lap ahead.

Wonder how many of the ninja riders will happen to fall sick on the day of the next race. :lol: Too much embarrassment.

Edited by hehehoho

Post 11

"I cannot keep up with the Ninja 250's on the main straight, catch them like crazy in the corners then lose again on the back straight.. they definitely have a horsepower advantage on me!!! This is racing in the MRA in Colorado...<BR itxtNodeId="75"><BR itxtNodeId="74">Now on my regular bike racing the same people I have no troubles putting them behind me... definitely frustrating as I want this Honda to take a podium spot!!!"

Post 19

"I believe 3 of the 4 Ninja 250s that I'm beating on the track are pre-2008 models. One younger kid is on a 2008+ and I bet as his skills improve he will catch me on the straights. The Aprilia RS125 runs away from me on every straight - I've beaten him 3 times but he beat me by a lot at our last race. It's frustrating to watch him pull away so easily.

If Honda doesn't pay $ in my racing org next year I may buy a Ninja 250; in fact, I may buy one anyways"

So the Cbr250 is a bike that meets ALL the regulations of the race..........

using oxygenated fuel.... so E10..http://www.wisegeek....enated-fuel.htm

Actually M12 is a leaded racing fuel BUT it is allowable. http://www.vpracingfuels.com/motoroadracing.html

And i suppose ALL the Kwakers were 100% standard as from the factory..... get realcool.gif

Edited by thaicbr

And so the whinging begins.

It was modified...even though the rules allow it for the Ninjas also and it would behoove someone to assume that they were as well.

They use oxygenated fuel...and yet that was allowed by the rules and begs the questions, aren't the Ninja owners smart enough to do that? One would assume so, but considering their posting style which can at times be charitably called juvenile one really shouldn't.

They couldn't keep up in the straights...even though they outhandled the Ninja which was NOT supposed to happen according to the Ninja lubbers.

Also thanks for quoting post 11, which I assume you to believe is the gospel truth, which states that on street bikes, the CBR beats the Ninja whereas when the bikes are race modded, and the CBR is modded by somebody who isn't that experienced, the better modded bike will outperform.

I find most interesting that the CBR's best lap time is 1:26.820 (Ninja runner up 1:29.618) at an average speed of 67.588 mph (Ninja 66.482).

Post 11

Post 19

If Honda doesn't pay $ in my racing org next year I may buy a Ninja 250; in fact, I may buy one anyways"

Actually M12 is a leaded racing fuel BUT it is allowable. http://www.vpracingf...roadracing.html

And i suppose ALL the Kwakers were 100% standard as from the factory..... get realcool.gif

And only 87 motor octane if you hadn't noticed.

**edit**

That's 93 in 'street' octan rating...

Edited by dave_boo

Upgrading Brake Pads.

FA223 (9.8mm thick)

FA142 (8.3mm thick)

FA196 (8.3mm thick)

FF

GG

HH

Thanks.

emailed Craig who handles the EBC bike pads in Thailand ( ebcthai at me.com ) his answer is:

CBR250 2011 yes we have pads available in two grades.

Front

FA388 Kevlar Pads: 1,180 Baht

FA388HH Sintered Pads: 1,780 Baht

Rear

FA140 Kevlar pads: 980 Baht

FA140HH Sintered Pads: 1,500 Baht

Leadtime 2 to 3 weeks, and plus 150 Baht for pack and postage within Thailand.

Post 11

Post 19

Actually M12 is a leaded racing fuel BUT it is allowable. http://www.vpracingf...roadracing.html

Just highlighting some opinions from CBR owners. Don't shoot the messenger :)

Hmmmm it would seem that IF you want to upgrade the front forks then the ninjette Race Tech kit fits the CBR250 also it seems that the Penske ninjette rear shock fits as well.....

That's what that winning CBR250 was using.............so it actually is a CBNINJAR250 shock horror......whistling.gif

Post 11

Post 19

Just highlighting some opinions from CBR owners. Don't shoot the messenger :)

Jonny.... it was this bit i was replying to...''Modded bike using oxygenated fuel. No conspiracy. Simple as."

It seemed like you were implying that they were breaking the rules in some way.....And yes on the straight a more powerful bike will beat a least powerful bike....... But it does seem that the Cbr goes around corners nicely....

I'm glad i'm getting one... I do not have much luck going around corners... maybe this will sort me outcool.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Bye bye CBR, rest in peace... Trust me when I say that I will miss you...

NINJA, here I come--- that 650 is fast, coming from a 250 that is... (only gotten 40km on it in two days, many other problems to deal with...

BUT TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT... NINJA TIME (wait, did I just say that again?)