Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Must be me because i have never seen it that its NOT going to be available here in Thailand.

Apologies, you seemed to have misunderstood.

Don't believe that there's been an official report stating that it's NOT going to be released. Just that there hasn't been an official report that it is.

Like this, from American Honda for example.

http://powersports.honda.com/press/5725/2010/10/27/american-honda-announces-release-of-the-all-new-cbr250r.aspx

Or even Honda Australia.

http://hondampe.com....troduction.aspx

Honda Canada's 3 page (PDF) announcement on it's release:

http://www.hondacanada.ca/MCPE/_Global/files/CBR250R_Release_EN.pdf

UK Honda:

http://ww1.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/2011/presskit/CBR250R.pdf

etc.

With listening to and believing dealers, so far on this thread there's been 'No it isn't coming' to 'It's in the shop on Nov 10th' to everyother bit of information you could dream up.

I for one believe it will be released, probably around Spring. But it's a pity that Honda are officially announcing it in other countries, but they aren't here. Unlike their announcements of the 150 which was over a month in advance.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

Edited by DomToggaf

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be me because i have never seen it that its NOT going to be available here in Thailand.

Apologies, you seemed to have misunderstood.

Don't believe that there's been an official report stating that it's NOT going to be released. Just that there hasn't been an official report that it is.

Like this, from American Honda for example.

http://powersports.honda.com/press/5725/2010/10/27/american-honda-announces-release-of-the-all-new-cbr250r.aspx

Or even Honda Australia.

http://hondampe.com....troduction.aspx

Honda Canada's 3 page (PDF) announcement on it's release:

http://www.hondacana..._Release_EN.pdf

UK Honda:

http://ww1.honda.co....kit/CBR250R.pdf

etc.

With listening to and believing dealers, so far on this thread there's been 'No it isn't coming' to 'It's in the shop on Nov 10th' to everyother bit of information you could dream up.

I for one believe it will be released, probably around Spring. But it's a pity that Honda are officially announcing it in other countries, but they aren't here. Unlike their announcements of the 150 which was over a month in advance.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic.

one word............ APe

Was supposed to go last Sat and test drive the new 150, but Thurs nite was rushed to the hospital and spent about 12 hours in ICU before being moved to a regular room. Finally got out yesterday and took the wife and went straight to Honda showroom here in C.M. Only 150 on display was the tri-color, but the black was back in the service area, so we went and looked at that, and then her cousin said they had a red one that was back in receiving that had just come in, so we went back there and took a look it.

Cousin, along with another man higher up the chain of command, said the 250's will be here next month. Me and wife went to sit and talk, and decided on the 150 tri-color and ordered that. It will be here in 2 weeks, which is fine. My reasons for taking the 150 over the 250 are simple. While half my driving is on the highways, living 18k east of the city, the other half is in the city, and I feel that in city traffic the 150 will be easier to maneuver than the 250. While on the highway the 250 would obviously be faster, if the new 150 will cruse at 115-120 for longer trips, then that's all I really need. And with the larger tires and little extra weight, it should be more stable at those speeds. They told me the new 150 is faster than the old one, and much better at high speeds, and said I could take one out and test it myself, but after 4 days in the hospital I didn't think that was a good idea and told them I'd be back later to do that.

As for the color, the red is definitely out as far as my wife is concerned. While she loves it, she is adamant about the fact that red cars and red motorbikes are "bad luck" for me according to her Buddhist beliefs. And while black is good, she thinks it looks "too mean", and doesn't really "stand out" the way the tri color one does. And I admit, I like the paint scheme of the tri color, except for the blue front finder, which I'll have repainted white at a good shop I know. I think that will look better.

Depending on how I feel later today, I may go back and take the 150 out for a test drive. But it would be interesting to hear from those who have already purchased one as to their opinions on it. Also, for those of you wanting a "chopper" type bike, they have two very nice Honda Steeds sitting just inside the showroom doors.

I love my 150 (tri-color), I think it works perfect in patong city driving and the roads around phuket, no problem cruising at speeds around 110-120kph. The only time ive felt i would have preferred the 250 is when i was cruising around with a 85kg friend behind.

Was supposed to go last Sat and test drive the new 150, but Thurs nite was rushed to the hospital and spent about 12 hours in ICU before being moved to a regular room. Finally got out yesterday and took the wife and went straight to Honda showroom here in C.M. Only 150 on display was the tri-color, but the black was back in the service area, so we went and looked at that, and then her cousin said they had a red one that was back in receiving that had just come in, so we went back there and took a look it.

Cousin, along with another man higher up the chain of command, said the 250's will be here next month. Me and wife went to sit and talk, and decided on the 150 tri-color and ordered that. It will be here in 2 weeks, which is fine. My reasons for taking the 150 over the 250 are simple. While half my driving is on the highways, living 18k east of the city, the other half is in the city, and I feel that in city traffic the 150 will be easier to maneuver than the 250. While on the highway the 250 would obviously be faster, if the new 150 will cruse at 115-120 for longer trips, then that's all I really need. And with the larger tires and little extra weight, it should be more stable at those speeds. They told me the new 150 is faster than the old one, and much better at high speeds, and said I could take one out and test it myself, but after 4 days in the hospital I didn't think that was a good idea and told them I'd be back later to do that.

As for the color, the red is definitely out as far as my wife is concerned. While she loves it, she is adamant about the fact that red cars and red motorbikes are "bad luck" for me according to her Buddhist beliefs. And while black is good, she thinks it looks "too mean", and doesn't really "stand out" the way the tri color one does. And I admit, I like the paint scheme of the tri color, except for the blue front finder, which I'll have repainted white at a good shop I know. I think that will look better.

Depending on how I feel later today, I may go back and take the 150 out for a test drive. But it would be interesting to hear from those who have already purchased one as to their opinions on it. Also, for those of you wanting a "chopper" type bike, they have two very nice Honda Steeds sitting just inside the showroom doors.

I love my 150 (tri-color), I think it works perfect in patong city driving and the roads around phuket, no problem cruising at speeds around 110-120kph. The only time ive felt i would have preferred the 250 is when i was cruising around with a 85kg friend behind.

Come on js, tell us what top speed you've gotten from it.

Come on js, tell us what top speed you've gotten from it.

Havent gone for top speed yet, most ive done is 130.

I emailed Australia Honda, they confirmed the weight was wrong and have since changed their website to kerb weight 162 kgs. Until they get a service manual they don't know the dry weight; not that that interests me much as i have no intention of running the bike with out coolant, oils or petrol. I also asked about the power figures and whether it was measured at the crank or the rear wheel; they won't know until "the first quarter of 2011".

A couple of videos of the CBR250R. One done by an Indian journo walking around it. Another video is of the exhaust note which sounds fairly lame. :D

Have to admit that the muffler looks like it sounds. Just another proof of astonishing Honda engineering, where form follows function.

Most of the scooters in my area that the college kids run around on sound better. The trick will be to modify the muffler without attracting attention; lose the catalyser, have a slightly bigger exit hole and a nicer note. Not that i am condoning this, as it is illegal! :whistling: Of course if it improves performance then even better. I'd probably even paint the muffler silver so that it blends better with guard.

Have to admit that the muffler looks like it sounds. Just another proof of astonishing Honda engineering, where form follows function.

Most of the scooters in my area that the college kids run around on sound better. The trick will be to modify the muffler without attracting attention; lose the catalyser, have a slightly bigger exit hole and a nicer note. Not that i am condoning this, as it is illegal! :whistling: Of course if it improves performance then even better. I'd probably even paint the muffler silver so that it blends better with guard.

Illegal?!?!? Humm, so is prostitution, gambling, and about 200 other things, but for some reason, they never get noticed. But let a farang modify his bike even slightly and they're all over you like a cheap suit.

Ahhhh, yes, Amazing Thailand.

The exhaust sounds like the CBR150...or a dirtbike, which is where the engine comes from. Can't complain if the price figures are what people are expecting. If it were me, I'd probably opt for the baby ninja for the extra cylinder.

EDIT: so I went to youtube to listen to the Ninjette's exhaust note...it doesn't sound that great either.

Edited by submaniac

But let a farang modify his bike even slightly and they're all over you like a cheap suit.

I've had an aftermarket (endurance) downpipe and muffler for over a year on my baby cbr, along with a K&N airfilter, this thing screams, and never once has it been even mentioned to me.

I live and commute in central and North Bangkok. Not one mention, ever.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic Toggaf.

But let a farang modify his bike even slightly and they're all over you like a cheap suit.

I've had an aftermarket (endurance) downpipe and muffler for over a year on my baby cbr, along with a K&N airfilter, this thing screams, and never once has it been even mentioned to me.

Cheers chaps.

Dominic Toggaf.

cool!

Cheers chaps.

Dominic Toggaf.

I had a DBS aftermarket muffler with noise killer on my CBR150 and lasted half an hour. THB1000 written ticket. I live in Pattaya. Some areas are more tolerant, Pats is notorious for not being so.

Just got what the name Toggaf is backwards. Oh dear! :ermm:

Edited by taichiplanet

As for the edurance muffler.. i'm suprised it's lasted a year.. mine blew it guts out within 4 weeks. And even the police in Nakhonpathom told me it was to loud. And they have NEVER given me hassle about anything else. It was the small one that doesn't look much bigger than a 2t muffler. Even after i got it repacked it was a noisy bugger. 

Is that the one you have? Mr delicious midlands meal  :D

Ps. I have a cbr150 down pipe and 2 endurance mufflers for sale (one brand new) 2,000b the lot

:whistling:

Back on thread, I'm commited to buying a new CBR250. Been waiting years for this bike; glad to see it here finally after the rumours and BS.

Probably just get the base model, and mod it.

I have a 2007 (purchased Dec 2006) CBR150 in mint condition, about 10K on it.

Anyone have an idea what the market rate is for my old bike?

I could just do a trade in with the dealer, I know.

Or advertise it on TV Classifieds.

Or sell it where ever for whatever.

(Before anyone starts up with irrelevant or demeaning comments....I was once a sales manager at one of the largest Ducati Aprilia dealerships on the West Coast USA. Been around bikes and bike sales and wholesale bike markets for years in the US. Sold a million dollars worth of bikes in my life- I'm not a noob).

Anyone want to hit me with a number for my mint condition 2007 CBR150 with about 10K miles, bone stock, all maintainance records and current green book/reg?

My Thai mech did it.......and in usual thai mech tradition he used the cheapest crap he could find... it burnt out within 15km's.

Then after a bollocking he went out for about 30 mins and came back with some automotive exhaust wadding. after 2 tries it was ok. If you pack it tight it changes the exhaust note.

as for the edit on the name.. if ya like the taste of faggots.. then go with it :D

Edited by thaicbr

Rhodie... as far as i'm aware there are NONE in the dealers yet. I have been told MAYBE next weekend. But now thinking about it maybe they are waiting for the Bangkok Moto Expo. Which is 1-12 December.

It may be worth calling the Honda safety centre. They told my missus that they were getting some. Not sure if they have.

Edited by thaicbr

I sure like the looks of that new Honda CBR 250 R in those videos. The bikes look great. And the seating position appears to be better than that of the CBR 150. The bike reminds me a bit of my first bike, a Honda CB 350 I bought in around 1973. The weight is roughly comparable. The 350 CB actually displaced only around 325 cc's. Horsepower of the Honda 350 was rated at around 36. So if this new Honda puts out around 26 horsepower, I'd say the new Honda will do about all my old 350 would do. Although it was not the greatest interstate cruiser on U.S. roads it was still an entertaining bike to drive and it had sufficient power for nearly all conditions. It was a great bike on 2 lane roads and it was a lot of fun to drive on winding roads West of St. Louis in hilly country. If this little bike is actually marketed here I think it's going to do about anything one can reasonably want on Thailand roads and be a blast to drive. I really don't get very far out of Pattaya on my Nouvo Elegance and the main reason for this is the police do not enforce the law. Consequently driving a motorbike here is an extremely dangerous proposition. Nevertheless, whether I need one or not, at just 100,000 baht I might become so tempted by this new Honda that I'd buy one anyway.

Rhodie... as far as i'm aware there are NONE in the dealers yet. I have been told MAYBE next weekend. But now thinking about it maybe they are waiting for the Bangkok Moto Expo. Which is 1-12 December.

Yeah seems to happen within December, either the dealers have given no information yet about the real date or its top secret :rolleyes:

Edited by Hili

Yeah seems to happen within December, either the dealers have given no information yet about the real date or its top secret :rolleyes:

Well it can take some time for the manuscript to come down from the marketing bunker in the deserts of ISSAN. And with the floods that may have delayed the slow boat. rolleyes.gif

Well it can take some time for the manuscript to come down from the marketing bunker in the deserts of ISSAN. And with the floods that may have delayed the slow boat. rolleyes.gif

Anyway the tactics of APe i a little disappointing, first they get everybody's attention with their BIG FUN FESTIVAL and after theres just nothing official neither any statements of APe. They really acting like apes..... but as we all know TiT.

Anyway the tactics of APe i a little disappointing, first they get everybody's attention with their BIG FUN FESTIVAL and after theres just nothing official neither any statements of APe. They really acting like apes..... but as we all know TiT.

Truly it is like counter marketing. They are doing their best to waste the interest and free publicity created by a new bike launch.

Ape is a very appropriate name, I wonder if the big boys in Japan are aware of the gong show in Thailand.