Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY WANT TO HAVE THIS CHEAPER THAN THE kAWASAKI or at least the same price. I would have a twin over a single.

And 33hp from a 250 single cylinder road bike uuummm seems high. Thats what Honda list for the CRF 250 Motocross bike. And thats got titanium valves and a VERY regular service shedule.

All these pictures, fake or real, are as exciting as a granny's underwear...

In my mind, regarding style and bike character, Honda equals BOREDOM

Don't be offended Honda riders...just my opinion

cow.jpg

Honda's most exciting bike so far laugh.gif

was hoping for a naked bike myself, the VTR250 would have done fine if priced right. MCN says it is faster than the 250 Ninja as it is lighter with the same power (UK bikes restricted to 33hp for licensing reasons)...

interesting. Well we only have to wait a month or so :D:D

The picture from LOShonda is fake, it is from a small company that sells fairings.

See here the original from the original location http://image1.shopserve.jp/naigaishop.lr.shopserve.jp/pic-labo/ym_1011_02.jpg

Another picture from the same catalog is this one...hahaha Guess he got permission to publish from his g/f...

That looks nicer.. Tho I note its a CB250SZ not a CBR in the branding

I'm waiting for PB's opinion on the new cbr ;)

That would be interesting, I surely hope it go's better with him...

Didnt PB have a stroke and return to the USA with family ???

I hope I am wrong, Thats what I read on here I think.

Yes he did have a stroke. He was online a couple of days ago but is having difficulties with typing, so from what he posted I feel at this stage he will just be reading and not making comment. I'm not sure if he's still back in the USA or back here.

Anyway, I am sure he will be reading the updates and replying when he is up to it.

I actually like the looks of it based on the pic from Motorcycle News.

But a single cylinder engine based on the CRF250?? Very strange, 4 stroke 250cc motocross bikes putting out that kind of hp aren't exactly known for their longevity. Wonder how they've changed the engine to make it suitable for high mileage road use and still maintained the hp figures?

Yes he did but, I saw him viewing this page so I posted that comment as a little encouragement for him.

That's a small picture.

Here is a bigger one From India from October 4th. Apparently it will be released in Indonesia on the same day as here on Thailand. Lets hope it doesn't have an engine based on the asthmatic Tiger 2000 maybe 233 cc. It seems common nowadays to up the numbers. I.e. Vespa 300 is only 278cc.

Yes he did but, I saw him viewing this page so I posted that comment as a little encouragement for him.

Nice to know hes viewing and (if your reading) wish the best with a speedy and full recovery.

The old Honda CB250RS was supposed to have 30hp so I don't think it is hard going for Honda to get 33hp from one of their more modern singles, with their usual reliability etc - for sure, the Chinese copies of the old CB125 from the sixties can't get much more than 15hp out of 200cc but they are a decade or two behind Mr Honda. The MCN report, they did not ride the bike but got info from the UK importer (obviously unbiased). MCN do make things up using photoshop when it is a slow news day but the paper is packed full of new models from the Cologne show so no reason for that this week.

Found these photos someone scanned from a recent Japanese magazine, it is slowly growing on me after the disappointment of no VTR, looking very like a larger version of the CBR150 with almost twice the power!

http://img546.imageshack.us/f/2011cbr1005.jpg/

The old Honda CB250RS was supposed to have 30hp so I don't think it is hard going for Honda to get 33hp from one of their more modern singles, with their usual reliability etc - for sure, the Chinese copies of the old CB125 from the sixties can't get much more than 15hp out of 200cc but they are a decade or two behind Mr Honda. The MCN report, they did not ride the bike but got info from the UK importer (obviously unbiased). MCN do make things up using photoshop when it is a slow news day but the paper is packed full of new models from the Cologne show so no reason for that this week.

Found these photos someone scanned from a recent Japanese magazine, it is slowly growing on me after the disappointment of no VTR, looking very like a larger version of the CBR150 with almost twice the power!

http://img546.images...011cbr1005.jpg/

The 2010 Fireblade is quoted as making 177hp, that's 44.25hp for each of it's four 250cc cylinders! So Honda are well within their capabilities with the cbr 250 at 33hp.

Specific powers: Fireblade 177hp/litre, cbr250 132hp/litre.

http://img546.images...011cbr1005.jpg/

The original CBR 250 in line 4 developed 45HP at 14500RPM

Why it was such a sort after rocket bike. And that was 15/20 years ago!! So the current CBR 1000 at 44hp per 250cc isnt that oustanding.

A 33hp 250 CBR is quite a drop on performance from the older version. But I suspect would keep a 250 Ninja struggling to keep up. Certainly off the mark.

AFAIK the Ninja 250 also has 33HP.

Looking at the new Ninja 250s in the showroom today while I got some repairs to the ER-6n done - this is a fantastic looking bike. In fact, I thought it's the one bike where Kawasaki seems to have put the best designers on. The new Ninjette is really kick-ass - the exhaust looks like it's a 1000cc bike, and the whole package is just beautiful. The 650s are bigger of course, and they look pretty nice too. But the 250 seems the most refined of the bunch, at least for the 2011 models. Not sure they did some face lifting, or it's just colors but I feel like they look better than last year's.

The Ninja 250 is also the best selling small sports bike in the USA. So Honda has their work cut out for them. Need to wait until I see it in person - I am sure it looks a bit better than on the pictures, Honda isn't that bad at design. Still... for now the Kawa looks better. Honda has the reputation and amazing quality going for them though. If it's true that these are built in Thailand then the market will get very interesting here, that's for sure...

AFAIK the Ninja 250 also has 33HP.

Looking at the new Ninja 250s in the showroom today while I got some repairs to the ER-6n done - this is a fantastic looking bike. In fact, I thought it's the one bike where Kawasaki seems to have put the best designers on. The new Ninjette is really kick-ass - the exhaust looks like it's a 1000cc bike, and the whole package is just beautiful. The 650s are bigger of course, and they look pretty nice too. But the 250 seems the most refined of the bunch, at least for the 2011 models. Not sure they did some face lifting, or it's just colors but I feel like they look better than last year's.

The Ninja 250 is also the best selling small sports bike in the USA. So Honda has their work cut out for them. Need to wait until I see it in person - I am sure it looks a bit better than on the pictures, Honda isn't that bad at design. Still... for now the Kawa looks better. Honda has the reputation and amazing quality going for them though. If it's true that these are built in Thailand then the market will get very interesting here, that's for sure...

Totally agree on the styling of the Ninja 250! I saw some pics online, and then last week decided to stop at the Kawa shop here in Chiang Mai to ask when they might be coming in. They already had them. 2 of them in fact. One in the famous Kawa Green, and the other the black & white version. That was on a Saturday. On the following Monday I took my wife to check them out and she also loves the B/W one. But we both agreed to see what Honda does. If they bring a new 250 CBR, then I'll most likely go with that. If not.....

How disappointing.

It is the same bike with a little more plastic and an exhaust that is likely too small and expensive to swap.

I agree with T_dog, my hope is the 250 has some sizzle

Well My order will be for a Black one for sure....dont like the other colours, they do nothing (cheap looking) for the bike.. Will place my order next Sat at the Honda party when can see in real.

For economics, I can understand Honda would want change as little as possible. And for Euro regulations need those stupid indicator stalks that are the first thing to get wiped off in a bike park. Roaring trade in replacements!!

And yes I hope the 250 will be a better looker.

I quite like it. Can't stand the current model - but the new one is a big improvement IMO, the tri-color model looks quite cool.

If the 250 is a beefed up version with more than one cylinder then I'd be tempted to p/x the Ninjette. If it's a single then I'm not really interested no matter what it looks like.

Can't get over how much we discuss appearances, given how tastes vary among us (with the seasons and years as well; my ideas on best appearances are different from some years ago).

I'm about function. Got the notion from cars that changed looks but were the same inside - to get me to buy.

For example, the muffler from these 150 pictures looks might do that - muffle. Perhaps the CBR150 will be introduced as Honda's first Stealth Motorcycle and the 250 will follow. "More quiet than electric!"

In any case, I know this - I'm not buying new ever again without test rides, and if dealers don't offer them, then dealers won't profit.

Can't get over how much we discuss appearances, given how tastes vary among us (with the seasons and years as well; my ideas on best appearances are different from some years ago).

I'm about function. Got the notion from cars that changed looks but were the same inside - to get me to buy.

For example, the muffler from these 150 pictures looks might do that - muffle. Perhaps the CBR150 will be introduced as Honda's first Stealth Motorcycle and the 250 will follow. "More quiet than electric!"

In any case, I know this - I'm not buying new ever again without test rides, and if dealers don't offer them, then dealers won't profit.

CMX, I agree "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" for sure. One thing good about the "new" CBR is that it does not appear they changed its excellent handling. The power train and frame appear to be unchanged. That's good. As for me, I've seen sexier mufflers on weed eaters! ;)

Yes, but "sexy" is in the eye of the beholder too, even mufflers. I agree about this muffler:lol:, bit it tickles me when I consider that sexy women film stars turn out to be lesbian (after I figure they're hot for males). Ugliest couple on the street (so long as they are healthy and fit) may have the most best fun in a huge city.

For the performance oriented (not necessarily speed alone - it might be fuel efficiency or cargo capabilities) motorcycles are about everything except looks, mostly. Proof is in the ride itself.

PS - I am not defending ugly here, just saying that our tastes change with the years about looks and fashion, but not as much about performance. Dying to ride the 250 against others.

Archived