Honda Cbr 250R 2011

LOSHonda

Tastes do indeed change over time. If someone would have told me 15 years ago that I would be catting around on a 150 cc bike, I would have laughed until I turned blue! Today, I really couldn't see myself on my old 750F or any other crotch rocket on the twisties of Northern Thailand.... The CBR-150 is just so much fun there, being as light as it is. My only complaint with it is the lack of power up high, and the new 250 might indeed solve that problem. Let's all hope it has the handling of the 150 without too much extra weight.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have just come from the Honda Dealer and this is what they told me........

The 250 will definitely be in their showroom on 10th November. Only one colour (which I dont believe) is Black. Brochure shows same colours as the 150,

They showed me the dealer info sheet they have, (in thai so I couldnt read) showing both the 150 and 250. Identical bikes from what I could see except for engine, I think rims the same as the 150 (130 tyre rear) but hard to make out in a copied brochure

The pic of the engine "looked like" a parallel twin, but again hard to make out in the small pic. I was assured it was a twin cyl. That means I think a brand new engine as Honda havent previously had a parallel twin??? But I could stand to be corrected on that. 6 speed box.

Price 75,000 for the 150 and 150,000 for the 250 which seems a huge jump for the extra 100cc and nothing else different??

If the new 150 tops out at 160kph as shown in the specs listed in the other posting, then the 250 has to eat the Ninja 250 for performance I would think?? As the weight difference over the 150 at 138kg wouldnt be that great? Much lighter than the Ninja.

Re: The 150i

Tires are much bigger so should add that extra stability.

But Baht 10,000 more than current model ( probably more based on discount for out-going model ) for the "benefit" of pgm injection?

That buys a lot of petrol!

Re: The 150i

Tires are much bigger so should add that extra stability.

But Baht 10,000 more than current model ( probably more based on discount for out-going model ) for the "benefit" of pgm injection?

That buys a lot of petrol!

Actually it buys a new DBS muffler/downpipe, K&N airfilter, and a 28 carb from the NSR.

Put those on your current CBR and see if you can still see the new model in your mirrors. :D

The nose, the screen, the tank.... It does look very similar to the 150i.

From what I could make out on the dealers brochure, where it was hard to make out finer detail, both bikes are identical except for the engine (and probably gearing)

I was told (if you can believe and I'll wait to see/confirm) that the 250 is a twin cyl. From what I could make out, the pic of the engine showed a parallel twin. Pic was taken from the oposite side than the exhusting so cannot see the manifold to confirm. That means a brand new engine from Honda??? Hard to belive when they have the V twin available and Honda's stated aim to follow thru with V configured engines??

Interesting the web site link stated ABS.....who knows?? again wait and see. Would help explain some of the almost double price of the 250 over the 150

The pics in the link also shows face mounted direction winkers/flashers, not those vulnerable stalks.

The tank at 13 + litres obviously to allow for the extra consumtion of the bigger engine but a plus on extra range for the 150.

One of the big advantages of both bikes, is that the size and width has remained virtually the same as the old bike, so great for heavier traffic.

So Honda have listened and addressed the consumer critisism points of the older model, plus a leading player in meeting the ever tightening emmisions control regs.

I do wonder about modding the new exhaust system on both versions.

Will DBS etc. create new pipes to fit them?

What styling will be available, as the new pipe is probably the aesthetic change?

And most importantly, with the pipe being even heavier (and more restrictive to pass the regulations?), how big is the increase in performance going to be?

The 250 with a light clean pipe, and airfliter/breathing system to match might be a very nice bike indeed.

I do wonder about modding the new exhaust system on both versions.

Will DBS etc. create new pipes to fit them?

What styling will be available, as the new pipe is probably the aesthetic change?

And most importantly, with the pipe being even heavier (and more restrictive to pass the regulations?), how big is the increase in performance going to be?

The 250 with a light clean pipe, and airfliter/breathing system to match might be a very nice bike indeed.

With the muffler system these days, any mod that changes that appearance leaves you a sitting duck for the BiB. They know immediately it isnt standard and therefore will not pass emision test.

Any mod would want leave the outside apearance" of the can the same Unless you are good at re-mapping the electronics, which will also need the muffler sensors moded, any change to increase power could in fact reduce it. (but may "sound" faster)

If you are looking for more power best buy a biger bike. Unfortunately there is little choice other than Kawa 650 at this point in time. (meaning Kawa have no compitition, not that the 650 isnt a good bike. It is good and unbeatable power for money.

Unless you are good at re-mapping the electronics, which will also need the muffler sensors moded, any change to increase power could in fact reduce it. (but may "sound" faster)

Probably not, depending on the system it would probably increase acceleration and get you into the powerband quicker. Overall power output may not be altered that much though. While also losing significant weight. The stock on the 150 now is 3 times heavier than available aftermarket, with the new 150 pipe being even heavier again. Take away this weight and whatever restrictions have been put in place, and you're looking at a nice increase in power to weight ratio, as well as better breathing engine.

You will probably see similar designs for the aftermarket ones as the stock one.

If you are looking for more power best buy a biger bike.

Well no, it's best to change around and mod whatever bike you have in order to get the performance you want from it. Not solely about power.

Honda also plans to install an antilock brake system (ABS) in 250cc or larger motorcycles, except off-road models, by 2010.

Source: motorcycle.com

The Honda Combi-ABS feels reassuringly normal as it buries its front into the Honda test track, exhibiting none of the lever pulse that's become synonymous with ABS systems. The 250cc Honda test stays remarkably stable as I trail-brake easing my grip on the lever as I approach the apex

Source: motorcycle.in.th

Honda also plans to install an antilock brake system (ABS) in 250cc or larger motorcycles, except off-road models, by 2010.

Source: motorcycle.com

The Honda Combi-ABS feels reassuringly normal as it buries its front into the Honda test track, exhibiting none of the lever pulse that's become synonymous with ABS systems. The 250cc Honda test stays remarkably stable as I trail-brake easing my grip on the lever as I approach the apex

Source: motorcycle.in.th

WoW that reads really great.

Be fantastic if the new Honda C-ABS is on the 250 CBR as standard , as seems probable from that write up. That alone puts it way ahead of any compition market wise..

Cant wait to see in real and get a ride. Better still to have sitting in my parking space!!

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm a big believer in ABS.

BUT, ABS isn't cheap, so any guess what a CBR 250 ABS might cost in Thailand?

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R costs 147,500 Baht.

Will be interesting to see if any of the rumors about this CBR 250 come true.

I love Honda but I gave up on Honda, Thailand a long time ago...

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm a big believer in ABS.

BUT, ABS isn't cheap, so any guess what a CBR 250 ABS might cost in Thailand?

The Kawasaki Ninja 250R costs 147,500 Baht.

Will be interesting to see if any of the rumors about this CBR 250 come true.

I love Honda but I gave up on Honda, Thailand a long time ago...

Let the Good Times ROLL!

Tony

Tony I was quoted by my dealer 75K for the 150...... and 150K for the 250

Now if the 250 is essentially the same bike as the 150...which so far it "appears" to be.....that's one hellava increase for 100cc of engine???? Why I think it may have the addition of the new C-ABS. Help to explain why double the price of the

The write up also stated about testing on Honda's test track in Thailand....so what other bike due for release is it likely to be?? Logic tells me that it can only be the CBR250?? be fantastic if it is true.

But then I really have no idea on what Honda are doing...can only wait and hope until Sat and see what transpires at the party.

If its not flooded out???

Would be a huge coup for Honda if they can produce a 250cc CBR with C-ABS for 150k baht.

Even if it's more, I'd still be excited about C-ABS.

Yep! I've been thinking about getting a Ninja 250R to compete in the growing 250cc class races but if the CBR 250 does turn up and comes equipped with C-ABS it will really make the 250cc class interesting and I'll have to think long and hard about which bike to buy... Let's wait and see! Happy Trails! Tony

Wow, it really does exist, and they're going to sell it in Thailand?! Bravo! icon_cheers.gif

02.jpg

I'd pretty much written of AP Honda, Thailand and was convinced Honda had pretty much given up on Thailand so it's cool to see this thing become reality.

03.jpg

BUT... yeah, throwing a little thumper engine into a sportbike frame does not really a sportbike make...

04.jpg

I've no doubt that the bike and the new engine are of typical Honda quality which is about the best in the business, but a Ninja 250R killer? I don't think so!

05.jpg

Anyone seen Hp and torque specs for this bike yet?

06.jpg

I find the C-ABS option quite revolutionary as I think this may well be one of the first mass produced 250cc motorcycles in the world to offer ABS. Bravo to Honda for offering it. Wonder how many Thais will be willing to pay for it? icon_e_wink.gif

Ride On!

Tony

Looks nice too...but of course some will not agree with that statement.

I agree with u about the engine...need reserve judgment on that untill see full specs and performance figures, but hard to see Honda setting out to play second fiddle????

The ABS alone is a very significant riding safety feature and is very cheap, whatever the additional cost....compared to the result of slamming into the back of a bus etc.

I presume they will have at Honda's show on Saturday ???

Now just have to get a stack of Baht ready. Im in.

BigBikeBKK remember that the new small MotoGP bikes are now single cyl 250cc 4 stroke Whats the bet Honda have their eye on that class also as they managed to capture the 600cc Moto 2 market to themselves while the bike itself will be too heavy to race the engine and C-ABS could be very popular.

Means could be some great mods becoming available??? perhaps??? just a thought.

Tastes do indeed change over time. If someone would have told me 15 years ago that I would be catting around on a 150 cc bike, I would have laughed until I turned blue!

What cycle are you talking about?

The Thai CBR150 is 125 cc.

The Thai CBR was (old model) 150cc and the to be released new 150 is also 150cc

Honda Thailand do produce the CBR 125 but for Ero countries only. Not available in Thailand.

What a disappointment! Looked so much better on the faded magazine scans earlier in the thread.

For Honda's sake I hope this is significantly cheaper than the tried and tested, fully supported, sporty Ninja 250R. The Honda looks like some crappy commuter bike from the late 90's to me. It's just got "budget" written all over it.

Assuming they are releasing it in Thailand I hope they open some decent facilities to service it like Kawasaki have done in Bangkok, Chiang Mai etc.

Archived