Visas: Why Do We Have To Leave The Country For That?

Simple, they want ot keep out the scum so if you are not good then you are out and will stay out. Me, I'm all for more controls... too much low life in Thailand!

Me, I'm a day trader (well night trader from Thailand) as a hobby. I pay 73,000 baht per month rent! Mai Pen Rai!

Lol Feeling a little insecure are we.

Going by what SanukMahk posted, you'd wonder if he wasn't part of the problem. I wonder if he has the correct visa for day trading via Internet, because that is considered working in Thailand and requires a proper work permit.

Edited by tropo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, so the USA an other countries who have the same requirement for getting a visa are just as illogical and stupid. It's not unique to Thailand.

If a Thai gets a 1 yr Visa in Germany,then the Thai can stay 1 yr,no Visa runs,no reporting no nothing,after a certain time[not sure but I think its 3 yrs]the Thai can stay for ever,and just by the way,from the first day on,the thai can work legal,I don't think thats stupid or illogigal,I also believe Germany does not have enough Immigration officers to check every foreigner,of course it is much more difficult to obtain a visa in Germany,but once you have it,no more hassle,I think it is Thai arrogance,they want to show the foreigner who is the boss here

//Edit: CAUTION! Above post contains incorrect information. -- Maestro

Edited by Maestro
Added edit note.

This happens in every country, including the USA. I have always assumed that the logic behind it is that if you don't meet the requirements, then they don't let you in the country. That's much easier than removing you from the country if you are already here and trying to renew your visa. They just don't want the hassle. It's up to you to get the correct visa to begin with. You should count yourself lucky, as Thailand is incredibly easy for westerners to stay in. Imagine what it's like for Thais who want to spend a year in UK or USA. Even if they are rich it is difficult.

U should not compare a 1st world country like USA with a 3rd world country like Thailand,people who want to immigrant to USA have surely different reasons then people who want to immigrant to Thailand

If a Thai gets a 1 yr Visa in Germany,then the Thai can stay 1 yr,no Visa runs,no reporting no nothing,after a certain time[not sure but I think its 3 yrs]the Thai can stay for ever,and just by the way,from the first day on,the thai can work legal,I don't think thats stupid or illogigal,I also believe Germany does not have enough Immigration officers to check every foreigner,of course it is much more difficult to obtain a visa in Germany,but once you have it,no more hassle,I think it is Thai arrogance,they want to show the foreigner who is the boss here

The one-year visa for travel to Germany is not quite the same as the one-year visa for travel to Thailand:

-- "Visa applications must be approved by the relevant aliens authority in Germany, i.e. the aliens authority in the place where the applicant intends to take up residence."

-- "The approval procedure usually takes up to three months, in some cases longer"

Source: http://www.bangkok.diplo.de/Vertretung/bangkok/de/01/Visabestimmungen__English/Visa90Tage/Uebersicht__Visa__ueber90Tage__seite.html

A separate application has to be made, in Germany, for permission to work. The relevant information for this application appears to be available only in German (Arbeitsaufnahme in Deutschland) on the website of the German embassy in Bangkok.

Simple, they want ot keep out the scum so if you are not good then you are out and will stay out. Me, I'm all for more controls... too much low life in Thailand!

Me, I'm a day trader (well night trader from Thailand) as a hobby. I pay 73,000 baht per month rent! Mai Pen Rai!

Lol Feeling a little insecure are we.

Going by what SanukMahk posted, you'd wonder if he wasn't part of the problem. I wonder if he has the correct visa for day trading via Internet, because that is considered working in Thailand and requires a proper work permit.

Do you have the correct visa for posting on the Internet? Because that's considered work too.

6 posts and you're coming out with this?

I was going to say that too :ermm: , but thankfully you beat me to it :D . ..

Actually in reading the entire thread title (especially the sub-title) I think the O/P asked and answered his own question. .. :P And FWIW: I don't have any where near the post count you do 'tropo' :huh: .

Edited by tod-daniels

What like

England

Ireland

France

Spain

Germany

Italy

Need I continue ??

all countries where you actually get something from being there, medical, education, etc, not pay for all services.

If these are your priorities for you I hope you've taken the move to live in one of these countries and not Thailand?

The quote (which you edited out) was claiming that they couldnt think of any country on the planet where you dont need to leave to renew.. I was merely pointing how foolish that comment was.

Most western countries you renew inside.. Brazil and Argentina I think you can renew inside (certainly its easy to get long stay and rapidly citizenship) even comparable local countries like Malaysia (MMSH with land ownership and car imports) and PI have systems to stay without leaving.

Thailand has a system of renewing stays internally. Most people on Work Permits and on spousal extensions use this facility. It isn't a secret.

It is only the remainder who are on perpetual visa runs, carping on about 'having to leave'.

The sense of entitlement on this board is scary.

Do you have the correct visa for posting on the Internet? Because that's considered work too.

6 posts and you're coming out with this?

I'll take that as a no.

Posters in glass houses, and all that...

Warning! Posters making dumb comments are immediately punished on Thaivisa.:lol:

Most western countries you renew inside.. Brazil and Argentina I think you can renew inside (certainly its easy to get long stay and rapidly citizenship) even comparable local countries like Malaysia (MMSH with land ownership and car imports) and PI have systems to stay without leaving.

But most western countries have a strict limit on how long you can stay and once that has been reached there's no chance of going out immediately to get a new visa.

^ Ah... let me guess. You do 'virtual' work while living here so consider yourself exempt from needing a WP as well.

No, I think it's best to let Thailand determine what is and isn't work.

Do you have any stories to tell of expats being arrested for trading stocks online? No?

So then maybe if the Thais don't consider that a visa violation, then neither should we.

^ Ah... let me guess. You do 'virtual' work while living here so consider yourself exempt from needing a WP as well.

Do you have any stories to tell of expats being arrested for trading stocks online? No?

So then maybe if the Thais don't consider that a visa violation, then neither should we.

I suggest you read the relevant law. It is available in English.

As for posting on a social network ... it isn't work :)

You're confusing the issue with illogical reasoning.

The fact that they haven't caught someone doesn't mean it is not a violation. Many people work illegally on the wrong visas without being caught.

When people are asking about the regulations/law they're not asking how many have been caught.

I suggest you read the relevant law. It is available in English.

As for posting on a social network ... it isn't work :)

I've read the law and there is no basis upon it to differentiate posting on an Internet forum from trading stocks online over the Internet.

What is and isn't a violation of Thai immigration laws is a matter best left to Thai immigration and I'm sure they would agree.

You're confusing the issue with illogical reasoning.

The fact that they haven't caught someone doesn't mean it is not a violation.

Just as your not having been caught posting doesn't mean that posting to Internet forums isn't a violation.

And since you bring up post counts, I will hazard to point out that it does seem you've made something of a career for yourself doing this. :)