Jet Ski Scam Out Of Control Tourists Have No Hope Of Being Treated Fairly

saintofsilence

I think some of the verminous scum (probably one of the higher ups ,or cops involved in this scam) could well be monitoring this site,got a proposal from some pussy couple of days ago with threats. Only stayed on for a few mins until taken down.

Think anything specific planned would be well intentioned to be PM'd. Anyway if the pussy or cronies are watching I AM DOING ALL i CAN TO END YOUR SCAM

Did you think this was a Thai person or a Westerner? And did you report it to TV?

I really doubt these tossers know or care what is written about them. They don't care about anything except their own disgusting practices and getting money as shamelessly as they can. And that goes for the colluding police too.

There is one westerner that helps the mob near royal garden and he isn't there to support the tourist , I have seen him several times his picture is in this thread post 166 .

I would not imagine he would be doing it out of the goodness of his heart for them.

If he is reading this post well it would be nice if you could give an explanation of what your involvement is and why you are supporting the jet ski operators.

There are about 3 or 4 main players in this scam who have the other guys like half pint trained to pull this scam the moment they are given the nod.

The guy in Post 166 is not a Westerner. he's more like a Thai. Unless you've quoted the post number wrong?

no i have quoted it right I am sure he is a westerner I have seen him close up he is also in 130

Edited by saintofsilence

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Asian to me, from the front, but not from the back.

But anyway, nobody should hire jet skis here and if they do and the inevitable happens, they should avoids the thieves at Soi 9 and instead call the Tourist Police who seem to be able to actually help people out, and drastically reduce the money payments being hustled out of shocked tourists.

This is raidly becoming Pattaya's Phuket. And that's as shameful as it can get for Pattaya, to be compared to that murder and scam-infested tourist dump.

In my opinion they will not let you walk away , you refer to one person saying in the this thread that happened but he only thought they walked away I doubt that from every thing that have seen.

There have already been quite a few bashings that have been in the media and for sure others we don't know about there are victim photo's on a you tube clip in this thread also.

They don't care how big you and tough you look i have seen a groups of about 9 or 10 iranians men and the were scammed and knew it , an older male in the group was asked by the operator do you value your life and they were intimidating him yet no one stepped in.

They could have 50 thugs or more supporting them within minutes.

They quite often will pick on a group who have hired a few skis i have seen groups of four be scammed a few times and the jet ski owners will find marks on every boat.

They will use the same marks the next day on another customer.

Also when people say why so expensive for small mark they say you have to pay for lost time.

As soon as a problem occurs I have seen some of these jet ski thugs arm them selves with stakes and hoes etc or be standing close to them.

Another thing they have is quite a few stalls directly across from some of these operators full of martial arts weapons , knives , stun guns , batons machettes another person mentioned earlier they have access to some type of gas.

I have seen thai's when having a altercation run and grab weapons off these tables before.

The jet ski crew in front of royal garden to me look the toughest group of all and know how to scare the crap of people .

They also have your hotel address and some times keep your valuables or passport when you hire. And anyone who starts making problems they take your photo as a slight warning we have your photo.

Google Pattaya Jet ski assault

in the 11 scams i watched go down only a russian couple got away without any payment for 2 reasons

1. they could not speak ONE word of english between them and the jet ski mob gave up trying to get them to undertand figuring the next targets would be easier.

2. she was f......ing huge built like a tractor driver and she faced them off when they blocked her smaller boyfriend from leaving the beach. faced with a determined decendent of Rosa Kleb (from russia with love) coupled with the communication problem the beach bandits gave up in search of easier targets.

they will tackle quite large groups cos they can call in more and more help as required. also large groups mean multiple ski's so more baht at stake.

everthing saintofsilence has put above is correct.

it's easy to go on here and say "i would tough it out" from the safety of a computer cafe. very different story on pattaya beach surrounded by a growing group of thai's who make a living out of this and have played out the same senario many many times.

as a foreigner on the beach you are not going to win.

even if it came to a large scale melee the motorcy taxi drivers ,and tom dick and harry walking by would join in and the tourist party would end up badly hurt

Edited by striderman

even if it came to a large scale melee the motorcy taxi drivers ,and tom dick and harry walking by would join in and the tourist party would end up badly hurt

Because when you pull the curtain back, that's the type of bottom feeding, low life people they (scammers & violent Thais) really are. Their own actions speak way more than their words ever could. To be blunt, they act like savages and animals. Scratch that, they ARE animals. They are protected by the police, all the other Thais, most of the media, and due to ridiculous libel laws in Thailand, they usually don't even get named and shamed. The system here breeds this sort of behavior.

The only sick sanctification I get from all of this is knowing that while these scum bags have to hustle people every day and live totally wretched lives, while I get to have a comfortable and fulfilling life, not ever worrying where my next meal will come from or if I can pay my room for the day. These losers are uneducated, dirty, smelly, abusive, and will remain in Pattaya or the poor tin roof crap box they came from until they finally die from cancer or some other horrible illness. I can only wish it is a painful death and they are all alone when it happens.

This type of a person gives the entire country a bad name.

PM me and I'll tell you what I really think about them. :lol:

I didn't have much respect for the falang tourist police to begin with, but now I have lost what little I had and they have been officially been labeled a joke to me.

There's a couple of cops who openly scam Farang tourists only 100m from the tourist police headquarters on Pratumnak Road. They're at it every single day. They stop Farangs who turn right onto Pratumnak Road coming from the pier. They hide up the road about 150m.

The tried it on me yesterday, but when I pointed out the 2 cars he let past which also turned right at the same time he flagged me on.

The Tourist Police are a joke and a disgrace.

I mentioned this before, but will post some additional contact info below. If we all email these guys complaining about this jet ski scam, maybe we can get some traction? If nothing else, it will bug the heck out of these guys. Come on! Send an email...it's easy to do...

Tourism Authority of Thailand: http://thai.tourismthailand.org/contact-us/

Pattaya Tourism: [email protected]

Not sure who these guys are, but it can't hurt: http://www.pattayacity.com/contact.html

This seems to be the main website for the government here in Pattaya. When I try to send an email, my antivirus pops up with a warning: http://www.pattaya.go.th/

Here is a link to YouTube with that jet ski scam video. I've put that in my emails to these folks.

Send those emails!!!

Just came back from the beach saw about 8 people get scammed today ,

Outside soi 12 near mike their were a couple of guys the same police attended and the same foreign guy as in pics on this thread I think he may be russian. I don't know the outcomes.

Another lot went down outside royal garden 3 guys i never stayed to get the outcome.

I did manage to speak to one group of three young guys who were were scammed about 24000 baht .

They rented the ski from the last hiring place closest to walking st, where I have seen quite a few scams go on.

They said that when they agreed to hire they were shown photo's of the ski and in average condition but when they came in the photo's had been switched for jet skis in good condition the operators generally keep photos on there mobiles.

These young people said they had no choice as scare tactics were used. They also commented on how quick the police were there :rolleyes:

I told them to look at you tube and thai visa . maybe they will tell their story but they were very pissed off.

Edited by saintofsilence

I mentioned this before, but will post some additional contact info below. If we all email these guys complaining about this jet ski scam, maybe we can get some traction? If nothing else, it will bug the heck out of these guys. Come on! Send an email...it's easy to do...

Tourism Authority of Thailand: http://thai.tourismthailand.org/contact-us/

Pattaya Tourism: [email protected]

Not sure who these guys are, but it can't hurt: http://www.pattayacity.com/contact.html

This seems to be the main website for the government here in Pattaya. When I try to send an email, my antivirus pops up with a warning: http://www.pattaya.go.th/

Here is a link to YouTube with that jet ski scam video. I've put that in my emails to these folks.

Send those emails!!!

well done Craig can you get one off to the PMs office ?

OK my Jet Scam report for today

Got to the beach around 3.30, two scams already in progress, either side of Mikes Mall.

All the usual suspects in attendance

Both had the police attend.

Interestingly the copper with the tash was dropped off by a Tourist Police car, which didn't stay.

Also a first sight for me, two Indians came back in and didn't get scammed at all, the jet scammers didn't even give the skis a second glance, the police where already in attendance at the same location, guess even these guys are not brazen enough to run two scams at once in the same location.

Also interestingly while this scam was still in progress some new prospective victims turned up wanting to rent, despite the fact that they had spare ski's there the jet scammers directed them down the beach to their next location where the other scam had now cleared and they where ready to run again.

Didn't stay long enough for their return to see if they where scammed or not, but I would be willing to put money on it.

Also seems these scams are drawing quite a crowd these days, plenty of people watching, not that the scammers seemed to care.

post-60867-0-51192200-1290083487_thumb.j

Edited by kevkev1888

I think some of the verminous scum (probably one of the higher ups ,or cops involved in this scam) could well be monitoring this site,got a proposal from some pussy couple of days ago with threats. Only stayed on for a few mins until taken down.

Think anything specific planned would be well intentioned to be PM'd. Anyway if the pussy or cronies are watching I AM DOING ALL i CAN TO END YOUR SCAM

Did you think this was a Thai person or a Westerner? And did you report it to TV?

I really doubt these tossers know or care what is written about them. They don't care about anything except their own disgusting practices and getting money as shamelessly as they can. And that goes for the colluding police too.

Yes Did, am out of town for a couple of days but I'll PM when I'm back

I think the only way to get away from this scam if you where caught up in it.

Would be once the Police arrived, explain that you did not cause said damage and will be paying nothing, offer that the Police arrest you or you are now leaving.

Don't think even these guys would get away with violence against you in front of the Police.

You may have to spend time at the station but ultimately what could they do?

Of course this would only work if the scammers don't have your correct address, you would have to be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your trip and beach road would be out of bounds for sure.

Easier said than done. In fact as I think about it now, there is no way out.

Lets face it, your fuc_ked.

I think the only way to get away from this scam if you where caught up in it.

Would be once the Police arrived, explain that you did not cause said damage and will be paying nothing, offer that the Police arrest you or you are now leaving.

Don't think even these guys would get away with violence against you in front of the Police.

You may have to spend time at the station but ultimately what could they do?

Of course this would only work if the scammers don't have your correct address, you would have to be looking over your shoulder for the rest of your trip and beach road would be out of bounds for sure.

Easier said than done. In fact as I think about it now, there is no way out.

Lets face it, your fuc_ked.

That is the problem Kev if something happens like this in some of own countries we have a civil process in place and thuggery and theft are not tolerated.

Governments from all visiting countries should be advised what processes are in place if this happens.

The money they are ripping off tourists is huge I said before it would be about 1 million baht and week just on pattaya beach a nothing has changed my mind.

Edited by saintofsilence

They said that when they agreed to hire they were shown photo's of the ski and in average condition but when they came in the photo's had been switched for jet skis in good condition the operators generally keep photos on there mobiles.

I've seen the scammers showing them photos. Was wondering how they were going to twist them into their scam. Now I know. Best to use your own camera.

Good advice.

When renting a car an inspection is carried out and any damage is recognised and signed for by hirer and customer. Although usually its a proffessional company, not the mafia, who you hire from.

So taking your own photos is a good suggestion. Sadly though its not the first thing in your mind if you are not aware that you are to be targeted.

Good advice.

When renting a car an inspection is carried out and any damage is recognised and signed for by hirer and customer. Although usually its a proffessional company, not the mafia, who you hire from.

So taking your own photos is a good suggestion. Sadly though its not the first thing in your mind if you are not aware that you are to be targeted.

It's just too much - taking detailed photos of a jetski before paying the already high price to rent it. We'd have to ask the scammers to take it out of the water and turn it upside down to check every detail and then you'd probably still miss some.

Where do you leave your camera and valuables while you are in the water?

You'd have to be pretty desperate to want to jetski under these circumstances.

Is there any chance Howard from Pattaya One can offer any advice on this matter and what the tourist police and media have been advised by the Thai Authorities to do about the Jet ski scandal in pattaya.

Is this true that the Tourist Police have been told to stay away and not get involved.

Edited by saintofsilence

Think it is evident that everybody who is anybody is deeply involved in this scam. I have been in touch with a couple of organisations today regarding this problem and they are aware of it,without doing anything about it. No good putting details on here,it will be read by these bastards. Better to get one of those closed chat rooms with a password,so a plan of action can be thought out.

i am in touch with a few influential organisations to put some weight on to sort the scum out

Edited by jori