Jet Ski Scam Out Of Control Tourists Have No Hope Of Being Treated Fairly

saintofsilence

Think it is evident that everybody who is anybody is deeply involved in this scam. I have been in touch with a couple of organisations today regarding this problem and they are aware of it,without doing anything about it. No good putting details on here,it will be read by these bastards. Better to get one of those closed chat rooms with a password,so a plan of action can be thought out.

i am in touch with a few influential organisations to put some weight on to sort the scum out

Best of luck to you. Not sure what I can do, but if you think another voice would help, let me know! I am sure there are many more who would be willing to assist also...as long as it is not face to face with these goons!

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this true that the Tourist Police have been told to stay away and not get involved.

From what I understand, it is just the FALANG working within the Tourist police who are not allowed to get involved. The Thais working for the Tourist Police still come around.

They don't want Falang involved because they know it's a huge scam.

It looks like the local police wont help or the Tourist Police.

It would be interesting to know the reason behind why Tourist Police are not allowed to get involved I thought that was the whole purpose of them was to help tourists.

But at least all the tourists have a back up plan they can drop into 7/11 and report the crime :)

A couple of points I'd like to make.

One: The video posted clearly shows a threat of violence. That alone bumps the scam up to strong armed robbery. People are paying out of fear for their life or safety.

Two: while reading this thread, where several made comments as to why the police, tourist police, or media don't do anything. I have to wonder who own's the jet ski's? Just how high ranking are they?

Three: Those most vulnerable seem to be those that do not read English and do not read any of the Pattaya forums. This scam robbery has been reported on all of them.

Four: Large travel agency's and online trip advisers should be informed of this. Especially the non English language ones.

Five: I don't believe that farang can do much about the problem, other than to warn others and make them aware of the problem. Advise NOT renting Jet ski's.

Six: Honest Thai operators when confronted with a loss of business due to the actions of the dis-honest operators, will probably have the loudest voice, as well as the most pull with the local government.

Seven: Taking pictures before renting is not the answer. Not renting period, is the answer.

it would be really cool if a webcam was aimed at the scam area

Would be great, yes. Unfortunately probably not possible but a good idea nonetheless.

supposedly the police have cameras in many places in patong, how hard would it be to put up some in the jet ski areas ( even fake one mite deture the scum for plying their trade)

I rented a jetski a few years ago off pattaya beach. no problems at all. the guy even gave me money back when I came in early. maybe they are not all scams, or they do not scam everyone?

They are not all scammers, but after reading this thread and being totally aware of what is going down would you now take the risk?

Has anyone seen this video yet, it has just been released.

these guys are so well trained they have been doing it for a long time how long I don't know , but we should not be forgetting the rest of the beach road especially all the way down to the last jet ski rentals walking st end they are all just as bad and a lot are more agressive than this video shows.

I have not seen a group of two or three people that hire the jet skis at the one time not be scammed in the last month if you see a group out on the water having fun go down see where they pull in when they finish pull up a seat and watch the show begin , but it does get a bit boring they never change their act. :)

The scamming is definetly more noticeable later in the day and I think that more people hire them then also.

Edited by saintofsilence

The best thing to do is complain about this to your consulate, with the recomendation that the head of the consulate orgainze a meeting at pattaya city hall with other consulate heads present . If 5 or 6 consulates did this together with press presence enough pressure might bring about change.

If this seem to be too small of a matter to them, then maybe local consulate representatives could do this. Howard could coordinate this with the others, just him taking these criminals on alone would probably not do vary much.

On one ocasion I did see a jet scam happening to some Israelis, I called one of the fpv personal mobile and asked him to come help these people. HE SAID FOR 4,000 BAHT HE COULD HELP NEGOTIATE LOWER FEE A FOR THEM.

It was not Howard but someone he worked with.

Posts dragging the local Representative of HM Government into this thread have been deleted also quoted replies.

This will not be tolerated, the next person to mention this will get a suspension

Posts lobbying members for action have also been deleted, this is against forum rules.

The best thing to do is complain about this to your consulate, with the recomendation that the head of the consulate orgainze a meeting at pattaya city hall with other consulate heads present . If 5 or 6 consulates did this together with press presence enough pressure might bring about change.

If this seem to be too small of a matter to them, then maybe local consulate representatives could do this. Howard could coordinate this with the others, just him taking these criminals on alone would probably not do vary much.

On one ocasion I did see a jet scam happening to some Israelis, I called one of the fpv personal mobile and asked him to come help these people. HE SAID FOR 4,000 BAHT HE COULD HELP NEGOTIATE LOWER FEE A FOR THEM.

It was not Howard but someone he worked with.

Now we see why the TPV are told to not get involved, can't have them cutting in to brown mafia's 20 percent. Fing stinks

Edited by gorillagrower