Heads Up People

I don't know if anybody else has noticed but it looks like we are in for a humdinger of a weekend this weekend. very high winds and lots of rain forecast for sat, sun and Mon.35kph winds and 15cm of rain. Time to stock up with beer and tie any loose items down.

I also very much doubt the ferries will be running a normal schedule either if the winds that they are predicting hits us. I just wish I had a cover for the pool as every time we have any type of storm I end up with half the jungle in the pool. Lets see how long it takes for the electric to die this time :D

Memo to me

Candles

Lots of beer ;)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you but I've had plenty the last few weeks. Both rain capture tanks are full to the brim and the garden is sodden. It will help those with wells I suppose and I quite like being stuck in with the rain. As said it is just the jungle in the pool that winds me up ;)

Warning

"Heavy Rain in southern Thailand and Strong Wind-Wave"

No. 7 Time Issued : October 28, 2010

During 28-31 October, The ridge of intense high pressure from China has covered upper Thailand causing the strong northeast monsoon prevail over Thailand while the monsoon trough over the Andaman Sea, the middle South and Gulf’s Thailand. More rain and heavy to very heavy falls in many areas are likely in the areas. People in the risky areas near waterways and in lowlands should beware of flash flood and flood. The disaster areas include of Prachuap Khiri Khan, Chumphon, Surat Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phatthalung, Songkhla, Ranong and Phang-nga.

The strong wind-wave in the Gulf of Thailand strengths, all ships should proceed with caution and small boats keep ashore during this period.

Cooler weather and 1-3 oC drops and windy are expected over northern, northeastern, central and eastern Thailand during the period.

This severe weather conditions will be issued and notified periodically.

The advisory is in effect for Thailand from 28 October 2010

Issued at 11.30 a.m.

Weather Forecast Bureau, Meteorological Department

Ministry of Information and Communication Technology

Quick references also:

Click here for the Thai Meteorological Department's forecast for Koh Samui.

Click here to see the Accuweather 15-day forecast for Samui.

Click here to see the most recent radar image.

Click here for the TMD's general forecast for Thailand.

I see that WindGuru has reduced its rain prediction on Tuesday from 35mm to 18mm. Still 4 meter waves and 50 MPH gusts though!

Have just stocked up on storm lanterns and camping gas for mini-cooker.

Chill out guys. Its only a drop of water. Anyone would think theres an imminent nuclear strike

Your motorbike will get a wash, your well will fill up, its good for the garden and the ducks like it.

Happy rainy season. :D :D

Chill out guys. Its only a drop of water. Anyone would think theres an imminent nuclear strike

Your motorbike will get a wash, your well will fill up, its good for the garden and the ducks like it.

I take it you haven't seen the boats which were damaged and sunk in recent storms here in Samui. You may not have noticed but we don't have a decent all weather marina here, so those of us with a vested interest in marine activity need to know in advance what the severity is likely to be.

Never having seen a nuclear strike myself it does seems to be a strange comparison. :wacko:

I take it you haven't seen the boats which were damaged and sunk in recent storms here in Samui. You may not have noticed but we don't have a decent all weather marina here, so those of us with a vested interest in marine activity need to know in advance what the severity is likely to be.

Never having seen a nuclear strike myself it does seems to be a strange comparison. :wacko:

was about to say something similar. don't mind the bike and truck getting a wash but several million dollars worth of yachts getting tossed around in those winds and swells is reason to be concerned. vividly remember seeing la fortune beached not too long ago and more recently a cruiser sunk up to its roof in bang rak.

Hold on a second here..... anyone thinking of investing in marine interest surely should have known there no all weather marina on Samui and their business decision to have a boat should have been taken with that knowledge in mind. Is there even a "proper" marina here, as in not some pontoon construction. its akin to buying a foreign car and then finding out the closest place to service it is Malaysia. I also thought that prior to the rain season everyone took there boats to the more sheltered bays. For example the boats generally move from Bophut to Bangrak. I do not have a boat and the closest thing to marine interest i have is a pair of flippers but seriously, have i missed something?

Anyway, why the pissy response, do your moods suffer from seasonal change?

Edited by carmine

is the 30 year storm finally coming. someone told me it was coming 5 years ago.

stocked up....never came there had better b a30 year storm this time . i cannie be bothered to keep going out and buying stuff when the pound is low.

I am all up for a storm. a proper storm. it is myh excuse to run naked through the streets. sorry

i just have the urge to strip and shout like a luoonie an run through the street with a rambo scarfe round my head. sorry. just a re-action to storms. not sure what is worse the storm o my horrible naked body. i can take a picture and post it up here. ladies can be the judge. they can come and interview me if they want to give me a real vilid opioum about my atristic physic

stocked up....never came there had better b a30 year storm this time . i cannie be bothered to keep going out and buying stuff when the pound is low.

I am all up for a storm. a proper storm. it is myh excuse to run naked through the streets. sorry

i just have the urge to strip and shout like a luoonie an run through the street with a rambo scarfe round my head. sorry. just a re-action to storms. not sure what is worse the storm o my horrible naked body. i can take a picture and post it up here. ladies can be the judge. they can come and interview me if they want to give me a real vilid opioum about my atristic physic

Don't worry mate, that is a perfectly normal storm reaction.

Have you heard that if it gets any worse george Clooney and Mark Warlberg are coming to Samui to film the Perfect Squall. ;)

stocked up....never came there had better b a30 year storm this time . I cannie be bothered to keep going out and buying stuff when the pound is low.

Will ye be playin' the bagpipes?.......had a sneaky suspicion a Scottish granny was hidin' in the background. ;)