Change From Retirement To Dependent Child Visa

I asked this a couple of years ago but didn't get a clear response.

Basically, I am in Thailand on a retirement visa. I'm not old enough for a pension so bring the 800,000 baht into Thailand each year. With current rates of exchange this is becoming quite expensive, especially as I am probably going to have to bring a large lump sum into Thailand at a time that doesn't coincide with my extension of stay renewal.

I am considering changing from a retirement to a dependent child visa? 400,000 baht is a lot better for me. I am named father on my daughter's birth certificate and registered the birth personally at the Amphur office with my partner. We are not married, incidentally, but live together with our daughter.

What would I need? Will it be a formality or difficult or does it vary from one immigration office to another (I'm in Phuket.)?

Any thoughts or advice will be welcome.

It will require about the same paperwork as marriage but you seem to fit the main requirement as you live with child - they may require court action however so check (with GF with you) exactly what they will require. The main concern is to avoid persons using this who are not with/taking care of children.

Immigration much prefers using retirement as it is less paperwork and a local decision so you will probably have to explain that you can not meet the higher requirements.