Burial

tardelli

An older friend of us died from heart attack in pattaya nearly 20 days before

and we called his European wife who lives in Europe

and we had let her know about that her husband died in the next day when he died ;

but she still doesnt come to Thailand since 20 days .. what if nobody comes to take care corpse ?

we also dont know where his corpse now? probably in pattaya mortuary.. ???

the friend who died owns a condominium in pattaya ; if his wife come back

how will be condominium heritage to her name ? does it a need lawyer or how is the law here in Thailand ?

Thanks

p.s. his wifes wants to burial his corpse in pattaya ; is it possible ?

I think the right thing to do here is call his embassy. They will contact his wife and secure the funds from her to take care of his burial here. The condo cannot be owned by him since he is a foreigner. The condo is owned by a Thai entity.

When one of my Swiss friends died in April this year in Duesseldorf during an assignment the Swiss Embassy in Germany took care of everything. They contacted his Thai wife here in Bangkok and secured enough cash from her to repatriate his corpse to Thailand where it was then buried.

On the subject of the condominium ownership, I believe that a foreigner can own a condominium freehold provided the structure of the condominium complex was set up to allow foreign ownership to a certain percentage of the building.

Would appreciate any feedback on this if I have got my facts wrong.

On the subject of the condominium ownership, I believe that a foreigner can own a condominium freehold provided the structure of the condominium complex was set up to allow foreign ownership to a certain percentage of the building.

Would appreciate any feedback on this if I have got my facts wrong.

Philnz you are right about ownership. Yet again on ThaVisa arm chair experts sounding off about something they appear to know nothing about, however as to Thai rules on inheritance i am not sure.

Dario is wrong. Foreigners can own condos as long as the foreigner-to-Thai-ratio for the condo project is < 49%. Of course the moment the old owner passed away there was one less foreigner in the project, allowing for his heir to take over.

Thug tong, khrup, Phil.