She Loves Me, Love Me Not

swissie

Again i say it all the time, if you were forced to post a picture of yourself when you start a topic, no topics like this would exist. It's quite obvious that the problem is almost always Old farang with bar girl, delusional farang who never had any friend or girlfriend with a (crazy ugly girl, fat lazy girl, bargirl) looking to grab the easiest life as possible before the farang realizes even a loser can do better here, the fat guy wondering why he attracts someone as lazy as him and 0.5% of the time an unlucky guy

pretty sure that normal thai women think that if they stay home and do jackshit, their husband will have free-card to get a bunch of mia noi or cheat on them randomly as they are just propriety and not an equal partner.

I've posted so many pictures of myself on thaivisa that people get tired of looking at me. It hasn't changed what I say, write or do at all. Never had a bad experience because of posting photos and don't get any more SPAM than anyone else. I have no problem answering or debating any topic on any forum and I stand behind what I say. If I'm proven wrong then I'll admit my mistake.

I agree with you Ian. If you want to look at me click on my profile, it has a recent picture of me. It says when I was born, my gender, where I am from and where I live. I know who I am, and if anyone wants to know go look... And I will admit that I have been and can be wrong. But, I don't post nearly as much as some people on this forum. I read it for my amusement a lot though...

And your picture confirms that you probably don't have much trouble, you don't look like you'd be on the corner of some ghetto street buying some meth or selling your ass for some meth like most guys who have troubles here.

I guess I can take that as a complement? I don't have any trouble. I've had a few small problems over the years here, never with the police. They actually took care of my small problem, I had. It's interesting that few people on this forum actually provide any information on their profile. They don't know their gender, age, or where they are... Oh well, they aren't my problem either, and I chose to ignore some people and their comments. I noticed looking at your profile you haven't posted much of any information about yourself either. As this isn't Face Book and everyone uses a pseudonym, I don't understand what people are hiding from...

Perhaps I am writing to myself but someone tell me what life changing experience would you enter into with a 50% chance of success?

Would you get on an airplane if the pilot told you you had a 50% chance of making it to your destination?

Would you order dinner at a restaurant if the server told you there was a 50% chance the meal would not arrive?

From the man who's been married how many times? :D

I said I was writing to myself. Do you know how many years I knew drinking was bad for me before I stopped drinking? We get to soon old and to late smart. If I had a time machine I would go back to my youth and knock some sense in my young head.

its time to sleep but this is compelling reading. my two penneth, learn to love yourself. with both hands if necessary. there isn't a lubricant on the market that costs more than a thai wife. and you don't have suffer that pidgin english!

Good suggestions, but "love" is blind.

0511-0809-0312-4612_Blind_Heart_Depicting_Love_is_Blind_clipart_image.jpg

True, but is this love or infatuation?

Any man that becomes infatuated with a gold digger because she seems desirable and has a cute smile in the hope that the gold digger will change and settle nicely into the guy's dream world is acting with pure stupidity.

Ignorance is bliss as they say and when the man becomes wise to the true intentions of the woman, the dream could easily turn into his worst nightmare.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Any man that becomes infatuated with a gold digger because she seems desirable and has a cute smile in the hope that the gold digger will change and settle nicely into the guy's dream world is acting with pure stupidity.

Ignorance is bliss as they say and when the man becomes wise to the true intentions of the woman, the dream could easily turn into his worst nightmare.

I love cute and desirable gold diggers .......... takes them ages to realise this mine has already been 'worked out'

Ok here's my thoughts.

Whether or not people get married has no real bearing on the success of the relationship. This leads to another question, what does 'success' in relationship terms, actually mean? I suppose it's that much-sought-after condition, happiness. If there was a formula that guaranteed happiness we'd all be happy.

I agree with the comments made in the OP, it's a good idea to make it clear in the early stages of any relationship that you're not willing or able to just hand out large sums of cash at the drop of a hat. After all, you don't know if the person you're getting involved with will take advantage of that or not.

When there are large differences in the availability of money (as can be the case in Farang-Thai relationships) it is of more significance than in our home countries. I've had relationships in the past where the woman earned (a lot) more than me and some where it's been the other way round.

Of course you like to help out, when you can, but if any relationship is solely based on money, then that's just what it is. If both parties are content with that, up to them.

For me, although it's a factor, it's not the be-all-and-end-all. There have been times when I've given money when it's been needed and other times when I've had the money but not given it.

I think if you start off 'flashing the cash' you better get used to it. Doesn't matter if you're in Thailand or anywhere else. If you buy a big house and live in it with a woman who later comes to dislike you, for whatever reason, chances are she'll be living in it and you'll be paying for it. If you, or she, based your relationship on money. There should be, in my opinion, an improvement for both people in any relationship. Quality of life is the key. Some of that is financial, of course. Some of it is emotional, the idea that you have someone to share things with is very comforting and can lead to the enhancement of the 'happiness vibe'.

It's good to know where you stand going in. If you're fortunate enough to have large amounts of cash I think it's a good idea not to really make a big deal out of it.

I was in the Caribbean for a while and some of the richest people around looked like the poorest. One guy I used to chat with every day on my way to the beach looked like he worked in the big house I was passing, turns out he owned it and half the rest of the street! There's just no sense in advertising wealth, especially in financially poor places.

Nothing lasts forever, as someone said previously, even life. But if we think about that too much it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy (I know the life ending part will self-fulfill anyway!) so I think it's important to try and enjoy what's going on at the moment without worrying about divorce statistics. This is aided, I think, by not basing anything on money. Money should be the stuff that greases the wheels allowing for a smoother ride, not the vehicle itself.

A hard balancing act, but if you can succeed in placing the financials in their proper place, potentially rewarding.

In my opinion :)

Mine too well written.

Odd, as I just posted this on another expat forum yesterday, regarding another country, but it applies anywhere...

Never invest anything in a 2nd or 3rd world country that you are not willing to walk away from...

Doesn't matter if it's business', women, real estate, etc...

All it takes is someone with a little pull to drop a dime on you and the next thing you know you are banged up, deported, in jail or dead... Game over...

Ok here's my thoughts.

Whether or not people get married has no real bearing on the success of the relationship. This leads to another question, what does 'success' in relationship terms, actually mean? I suppose it's that much-sought-after condition, happiness. If there was a formula that guaranteed happiness we'd all be happy.

I agree with the comments made in the OP, it's a good idea to make it clear in the early stages of any relationship that you're not willing or able to just hand out large sums of cash at the drop of a hat. After all, you don't know if the person you're getting involved with will take advantage of that or not.

When there are large differences in the availability of money (as can be the case in Farang-Thai relationships) it is of more significance than in our home countries. I've had relationships in the past where the woman earned (a lot) more than me and some where it's been the other way round.

Of course you like to help out, when you can, but if any relationship is solely based on money, then that's just what it is. If both parties are content with that, up to them.

For me, although it's a factor, it's not the be-all-and-end-all. There have been times when I've given money when it's been needed and other times when I've had the money but not given it.

I think if you start off 'flashing the cash' you better get used to it. Doesn't matter if you're in Thailand or anywhere else. If you buy a big house and live in it with a woman who later comes to dislike you, for whatever reason, chances are she'll be living in it and you'll be paying for it. If you, or she, based your relationship on money. There should be, in my opinion, an improvement for both people in any relationship. Quality of life is the key. Some of that is financial, of course. Some of it is emotional, the idea that you have someone to share things with is very comforting and can lead to the enhancement of the 'happiness vibe'.

It's good to know where you stand going in. If you're fortunate enough to have large amounts of cash I think it's a good idea not to really make a big deal out of it.

I was in the Caribbean for a while and some of the richest people around looked like the poorest. One guy I used to chat with every day on my way to the beach looked like he worked in the big house I was passing, turns out he owned it and half the rest of the street! There's just no sense in advertising wealth, especially in financially poor places.

Nothing lasts forever, as someone said previously, even life. But if we think about that too much it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy (I know the life ending part will self-fulfill anyway!) so I think it's important to try and enjoy what's going on at the moment without worrying about divorce statistics. This is aided, I think, by not basing anything on money. Money should be the stuff that greases the wheels allowing for a smoother ride, not the vehicle itself.

A hard balancing act, but if you can succeed in placing the financials in their proper place, potentially rewarding.

In my opinion :)

Mine too well written.

Thank you, now I just have to try and apply the theory in real life! :lol:

As far as I can see there is never a reason to get married. No exceptions. Sure, we might have our favourites over the years but nothing is for ever, even life.

I might add that I'm not much of a traditionalist.

ding, ding, ding. Hold all calls, we have a winner.

Marriage is an outdated concept of social order to assure procreation and continuation of the species by having the male of the species take care of and protect their fairer mate. In this day and age, it's the men who need to be protected from the women.

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/is_marriage_an_outdated_concept.html

What happen to the topic poster :rolleyes: what l want to know is how did the Thai girls get to Switzerland.:rolleyes:

They got here by a 3 month invitation visa through a Farang ( Farang must sign "Guarantee" = take responsability for all actions of the lady). If the lady want's to stay after the 3 month visa expires: She must find a Farang that is willing to marry her. Attention: Does not have to be the same guy that "Guaranteed" for her !!! Ergo: If she starts to have doubts, that the "Grantor" may not want to marry her, she can use her time here to "look around" to find a substitute-(idiot). Needless to say, that the substitute(idiot)will not be a happy-camper for a long time. An interesting point is: Not long ago, even if the marriage was on the rocks after a short time and a divorce in the making:The lady was usually allowed to stay.

BUT TIMES ARE A-CHANGING: Nowadays (and finally), immigration will qualify such a situation as a fake marriage (planned and instigated by the lady) and she will have to leave the country after the divorce. But this applies only if the marriage lasted less than 2 to 3 years. After that, with the help a good lawyer an the help of some "womens-liberation-organization", she can usually stay. Cheers.