Car Wraps

kevkev1888

I have a investment in a car wrap company here. Some of my honest thoughts on them.

- wrapping a whole car is crazy, unless your car's paint job is bad, even then, when you take it off it will peel the paint if the paint is not in good condition.

More disinformation and coming from a person who invests in car wraps no less? I've seen you post this several times and it's just nonsense, you should know more about your investments and their products as a professional knows that wraps are easy to remove without paint damage if a heat gun is used during the process to soften and loosen the adhesive and it's bond..

Yeah if you use the right wraps.

You must be new to Thailand.

Edited by WebBangkok

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a investment in a car wrap company here. Some of my honest thoughts on them.

- wrapping a whole car is crazy, unless your car's paint job is bad, even then, when you take it off it will peel the paint if the paint is not in good condition.

More disinformation and coming from a person who invests in car wraps no less? I've seen you post this several times and it's just nonsense, you should know more about your investments and their products as a professional knows that wraps are easy to remove without paint damage if a heat gun is used during the process to soften and loosen the adhesive and it's bond..

If you call 10 years new then I guess your right, but you've never mentioned the use of a heat gun for removal even once under ANY circumstances so I'd guess you learned something new and just can't admit it.. It also has NOTHING to do with the type of wrap even though you seem partial to 3M for apparent reasons... Most of the Chinese wraps release even easier then 3M does as they use less adhesive and a thinner material..

Yes that is what I fancy.

Matte Black on a Jazz.

In the UK £850 5 year guarantee.

Keeps your origional paint intact and protected.

Would have thought it considerably cheaper here as most of the price must be labor.

http://www.carbonskin.co.uk/index.html

http://www.carbonski...rbon/lambo.html

obviously too cheap!! Couldn't pay their bills?

I did my SG Tab 10.1 in Kevlar, does carbon offer the same protection? - now that would be a worthy wrap, take that Bangkok scooters...

Edited by 2unique

If you call 10 years new then I guess your right, but you've never mentioned the use of a heat gun for removal even once under ANY circumstances so I'd guess you learned something new and just can't admit it.. It also has NOTHING to do with the type of wrap even though you seem partial to 3M for apparent reasons... Most of the Chinese wraps release even easier then 3M does as they use less adhesive and a thinner material..

lol you are a funny guy.

Coming at me like this trying to be an internet warrior is amusing.

You stick to your Chinese wraps buddy and keep your dream alive. clap2.gif

lol you are a funny guy.

Internet warrior?? cheesy.gif I'm sorry your feelings got hurt for you being misinformed, not my problem, but how does countering misinformation and providing proper information to those less informed whistling.gif come off as "coming at you like an Internet warrior?" This is WHY I have better things to do then post here anymore and fend off rubbish like that, not worth my bother to be attacked for setting someone's misguided info straight except to those who see it for the REAL value it's worth...

JFYI You tired to claim that the 'other' brands of wraps were even worse when removing and THAT's why I mentioned they weren't sill you. 3M adheres better and stands up better long term because it's thicker, not worse, I wasn't promoting Chinese wrapping material but hey it's all good, not a very good salesman for your "investment" though are you??

Edited by WarpSpeed

lol you are a funny guy.

Internet warrior?? cheesy.gif I'm sorry your feelings got hurt for you being misinformed, not my problem, but how does countering misinformation and providing proper information to those less informed whistling.gif come off as "coming at you like an Internet warrior?" This is WHY I have better things to do then post here anymore and fend off rubbish like that, not worth my bother to be attacked for setting someone's misguided info straight except to those who see it for the REAL value it's worth...

JFYI You tired to claim that the 'other' brands of wraps were even worse when removing and THAT's why I mentioned they weren't sill you. 3M adheres better and stands up better long term because it's thicker, not worse, I wasn't promoting Chinese wrapping material but hey it's all good, not a very good salesman for your "investment" though are you??

lol, whats wrong buddy? having a bad week?

Which misinformation have I given out? You mean that the paint will come off if you have sh1tty paint? Or me saying 3M is the best?

Fending off rubbish? your the one coming on and talking like you know everything and now having a cry about god knows what lol

I am a bad salesman now? cheesy.gif

^ That didn't take very long, it was a good 15 minutes though while it lasted rolleyes.gif .............sick.gif

Wrapped handbags at 3 Million paces?

Sent from Android, please excuse errors in type or judgement.

• 6 months later...

Saw a NEW Merc in CM, Matt black wrap, reeeeeeeally impressed the Click riders but l had to smile as it looked crap :rolleyes:.

Each to there own. My pickup gets a full respray every year at a cost of 30k (I hate scratched and dented cars), am seriously considering a full warp this time round instead. they have a colour very similar in a gloss vinyl to the Brock group A (blue meanie). and @ 18k for a wrap it is a crap load cheaper than a colour change (Am bored with black).

13752-VKSSBrock1.jpg

It's a pity the person who put the "SS" sticker on the car didn't take the time to put it on right.

Even bigger pity the owner of the company, Brocky (RIP), let the photographer take pix's of the car with the out of alignment sticker.

Is glossy carbon fibre / kevlar wrap available in Thailand. I was going to do my hood(bonnet), mainly to protect it from stone chips, and don't really like the look of the matt black style. Is glossy harder to wrap? It's cheaper than a real cf hood too:)

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.

The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.

Prices are very reasonable too.

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.

The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.

Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.

Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.

My mate just had his roof done on a Mitsubushi lancer, it was about 5K i think, complete car is about 35K or thereabouts.

This guy has 6 branched scattered iver thailand, he's off to Phitsanulok this week to open one more.

My mate just had his roof done on a Mitsubushi lancer, it was about 5K i think, complete car is about 35K or thereabouts.

This guy has 6 branched scattered iver thailand, he's off to Phitsanulok this week to open one more.

Thanks, any branches in BKK? I think 5K is about right based on what I've read before. The hood always gets stone chips, so want to protect it a bit.

Thanks, any branches in BKK? I think 5K is about right based on what I've read before. The hood always gets stone chips, so want to protect it a bit.

Give me a day or two and i will get a phone number / address for BKK for you.

• Like 1

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.Prices are very reasonable too.Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.

There's a place just before you get to Central Pinklao (coming from Nakon side and on same side as Central) has a large billboard above the shop so easy to find.

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.Prices are very reasonable too.Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.

There's a place just before you get to Central Pinklao (coming from Nakon side and on same side as Central) has a large billboard above the shop so easy to find.
OK thanks:) From the Nakon side, you do mean coming from the western side? Edited by culicine

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.Prices are very reasonable too.Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.There's a place just before you get to Central Pinklao (coming from Nakon side and on same side as Central) has a large billboard above the shop so easy to find.OK thanks:) From the Nakon side, you do mean coming from the western side?

Coming from Bang Bua Ton side down Boromratchajonananni (sp)

Yes it's available, in Pattaya they're are several places along suk rd that can do this.The guy near universal gym, almost opposite SSCC does good work and speaks brilliant English, he spent s long time in San Fransisco.Prices are very reasonable too.Thanks, I'm in Nonthaburi though but good to know it can be done. What's the rough cost for a hood? I have both a suzuki swift and honda civic that I may get done.There's a place just before you get to Central Pinklao (coming from Nakon side and on same side as Central) has a large billboard above the shop so easy to find.OK thanks:) From the Nakon side, you do mean coming from the western side?

ok got it thanks

Coming from Bang Bua Ton side down Boromratchajonananni (sp)