46 Day Overstay 20K Fine

Hi Guys,

For those of you witch might be worry of overstay just think what happened to me.

They not put everybody in Jail. ;)

But my knees where shaking when i was in front of the officer.

But i got warned: Do not overstay again!

Khap Khun ma kap Immigration. I will not do it again. Promise!

Best Regards, :jap:

Lammbock

There's a fine line between taking liberties and taking the p*ss, you don't seem to understand that, no excuse.

Agreed. Time Immigrations started locking people up for deliberate overstay AND take the money as well. One day per day of overstay would seem apt with a maximum of 30 days being able to be paid of at the current rate of Bt500 a day.

Alternatively, Bt500 a day for each and every day of overstay.

I agree with Pria, 500THB a day overstay and one day in jail for each day overstay.

These lazy people who cannot be bothered to do visa runs make life more difficult for the rest of us.

I think that the fine should be 500 baht/day for those of Asian ethnicity and 1000 baht/day for the farangs. Why not use their own two-tier pricing to the best advantage?

How about a '3 strikes' rule? Fine-only the first time, lock 'em up the second time they overstay and then deport and black-list the third time.

However, I fail to see how those abusing the system "make life more difficult for the rest of us".

Edited by NanLaew

1. I overstayed because we have a construction site in Thailand for 3 month. I came with an Tourist Visa as i work for an Swiss company but needed to stay longer in the country as the work wasn't done. I forwarded all my documents to a agent to try to get an extension.

She couldn't do it but the immigration kept the 13k which i paid to do so.

They only ensured me i wont get black listed or do prison time.

2. How dare you judge anyone who is overstaying by give him Jail time and huge fine.

Not everybody overstay because he like the life in Pattaya. There are working people out there.

Best Regards,

Lammbock

1. I overstayed because we have a construction site in Thailand for 3 month. I came with an Tourist Visa as i work for an Swiss company but needed to stay longer in the country as the work wasn't done. I forwarded all my documents to a agent to try to get an extension.

2. How dare you judge anyone who is overstaying by give him Jail time and huge fine.

Not everybody overstay because he like the life in Pattaya. There are working people out there.

Best Regards,

Lammbock

To start with your "swiss company" should have gone through the right channels to get you working legally?

And as for the jail time, yes indeed they should throw them over stayers in jail + fine them unless there is a "real" valid reason like sickness or injury which makes it impossible to travel.

Most of us go through a lot of paperwork and immigration visits to stay here legally, why should it be different for "overstayers"?

A lot of keyboard warriors here.

Get a life and do not judge without knowing...

And who are you ? :rolleyes: Buzz off man. Or did you overstay as well :lol:

:annoyed:

I ll like to attend a TV get together where everyone must appear on stage with his last 5 posts on stage, and tell us if he was taking the piss or under the influence when he penned those.

Best Regards,

Lammbock

People who overstay as tourist just being lazy and spending their money are not the troublemakers.

However people who come from oversea to work here for their foreign company and later announce in a public forum that they overstayed and work without work-permit do make the life much harder for all of us who live and work legally in Thailand.

Don't you realize that by posting this you give them exactly the arguments they needed to justify another crackdown and enforcing the laws on the foreigners living here.

Hopefully you get tracked down and blacklisted !

A lot of keyboard warriors here.

Get a life and do not judge without knowing...

Ah, there's that phrase again, keyboard warriors, important I think to understand the difference between warranted and important rebuke for serious wrong doing versus ad-hoc attacks. In all fairness to the OP AND to his/her audience, he did further dam_n himself by admitting working whilst on a tourist visa, as a subsequent poster pointed out, such action damns the rest of us who try to play by the rules and, posts such as the one he wrote and reported in the national Press! If it helps any, I'm suspicious of the OP's follow up story about working and paying money and losing it to Immigration, I suspect that was all mostly cover to get the sympathy vote following an original post that was meant to brag, but none of that is here nor there.

Edited by chiang mai

I agree with Pria, 500THB a day overstay and one day in jail for each day overstay.

These lazy people who cannot be bothered to do visa runs make life more difficult for the rest of us.

Strange, hundreds cross the boarder INTO Europe each day after throwing their papers away and we lodge them, feed them, give them pocket money and welcome them warmly , not so in the Land Of Smiles so to see, different world???

How are they making life more difficult for you?

It doesn't make sense to fill jails up with overstayers. If they were really seriously upset by overstayers, they'd ban them from returning - but they don't.

The OP sounds like a jerk to be honest.

Unlike you, the OP seems like a decent fellow who is just reporting about his experience to help others....to be honest.

Decent fellow...........sure. So you're of the same nature right?

Deliberate overstay by the OP,working on a tourist visa and bragging about it on a public forum.

Thats real helpful. Lets encourage all others to do the same huh?

Go back to sleep.

I just wanted to tell you about my immigration experience. That's all.

Even if i work in Thailand for 3 Month on a Tourist Visa i do not think that i harm the economy by my work.

I do not get my loan in Thailand without paying tax or something like that.

It was a 3 month job for my Swiss company. We dismantle some heavy machinery and send them off to china.

That's it. No more, no less.

Don't understand why so much hate is giving here by some members. :(

The OP sounds like a jerk to be honest.

Unlike you, the OP seems like a decent fellow who is just reporting about his experience to help others....to be honest.

Decent fellow...........sure. So you're of the same nature right?

Deliberate overstay by the OP,working on a tourist visa and bragging about it on a public forum.

Thats real helpful. Lets encourage all others to do the same huh?

Go back to sleep.

He was not bragging at all, just imparting information.

I'm surprised you can get away with calling the OP a "jerk" on here, but that assessment fits you perfectly and you've confirmed it with your latest reply.

Edited by tropo