7-Eleven Joins Thai Police In Fighting Crimes Against Foreign Tourists

webfact

This is your words that can be found on this thread.

(I am sorry, i am not going to waste my time to look through all your post to show your thoughts. Are you now denying that you never said that Thailand has no scams or corruption or/and its very limited?)

Yes I do deny that I said that. As you have said it is here on this thread. Please show us all where. Do not waste your time with more inane accusations or pleas for help. Until this matter is cleared up I will continus to answer you with one word Liar.

I called you a liar and gave you a chance to prove it.

You have not done so for a very good reason it is because you are a liar.

If you can prove it please do so I will then admit that I said it. Make sure you give the post number. If you can not do so please admit that you are a liar and we will let the matter rest there no more need being said. Sound fair to you B)

To start with once again, and as usual you have ignored all the points raised and again gone off the topic.

Why are you avoiding answering my questions??????

Now for your thought about Thailand, yes i need to apologize, it was not on this thread but on another which is just as recent, and this is just one of your statements, there lots more, but i am not going to waste time on this with you and stick to the topic.

What are your reasons for supporting this initiative?

What part of it do you support without even having the particulars or knowing the actual plan?

Please give examples of any initiatives that were implemented and were useful and successful?

Please address the points raised in post 185.

On another note one of the great initiatives was to give free $10000 riot insurance for the tourists. I never came across any information on where to lodge a claim and how to lodge a claim or what agency to contact. Can anyone else shed a light on that initiative and its particulars, aside from whats been said which is "$10 000 free riot insurance"

This is the quote from your post on that thread, Thread is about corruption and can be found here http://www.thaivisa....-to-corruption/

You make it sound like a daily occurrence. I have lived here for five years and not run into that problem once. That is not to say it isn't out there. But to continually put your self in situations where it is happening is a matter of choice. I my self choose not to.

Once again we start some thing good. Let us hope it sticks around this time.

So i hope now you will stop denying what you said(unless of course you want me to post more of your quotes) and try to stick to the subject without getting personal and provide answers and have a civilized debate.

Hi Liar

Once again you avoid the truth you made a accusation I gave you a chance to prove it. The best you can do is say it is on another thread and post one of my posts where I admit it could be happening ( don't remember what that one was about) just hasn't happened to me. There is no innuendo that every thing is hunky dory in Thailand. Your problem is you can't under stand that all is not black and all is not white.

For God sake are you so slow you can't even take some thing out of context right..

I would love to enter a discussion with you only what is the point you are a proven liar. You are not even good at misdirection.

As for the benefits they have been posted many times already. Try accepting all the posts not just the ones you want.

I am not answering your questions because you lied and made a accusation and used them to try to avoid the truth. Next time ask the questions first. Might work with your wife but not me.

Lie on

Edited by jayjay0

Why are all you people here? It is so rare to see a positive comment on this site that I can only conclude that participants are so jaded that nothing will satisfy or please them. "Why don't they stop the crime in the first place" -- yeah, just like the do in other countries with a MUCH higher crime rates than here.

They do, in Australia if a shop or anyone caught cheating tourists they get either a nice $300 000 fine or 1-2 years in jail

"They don't speak English." -- Wow, a Thai who doesn't speak English!! You're in Thailand, for god's sake, learn some Thai!

READ OP AGAIN,"7-Eleven Joins in Fighting Crimes on Foreign Tourists"

Why would a tourist learn some Thai? Do you speak Thai?If you did speak some, you would know that "some" is way not enough to converse or explain yourself, even if someone was to learn a few phrases. Knowing 1 word in 5 word sentence really will not be much use, would it? Not mention getting the tones right to be understood is a totally different matter.

Do English tourists learn german when go for holiday once a year to Germany?

For the 3rd time, English is an international language and any country catering for tourists should have some basic knowledge of English language, especially in the country that gets huge numbers from mainly English speaking countries.

Well my wise Kuffki, since Oz property is being bought up at an astronomical rate by Chinese, maybe you oughta learn some Mandarin when English is no longe the first language in your stomping grounds.

What a great rational argument to the original post and totally relevant also. Must have taken hours to come with something as intelligent as this

PS. Please stop posting your beyond idiotic comments on my profile, if you can not have an even half decent, semi -intelligent debate join the the kiddi forum or try to stick to a topic and post something of a value.

Edited by kuffki

This is your words that can be found on this thread.

(I am sorry, i am not going to waste my time to look through all your post to show your thoughts. Are you now denying that you never said that Thailand has no scams or corruption or/and its very limited?)

Yes I do deny that I said that. As you have said it is here on this thread. Please show us all where. Do not waste your time with more inane accusations or pleas for help. Until this matter is cleared up I will continus to answer you with one word Liar.

I called you a liar and gave you a chance to prove it.

You have not done so for a very good reason it is because you are a liar.

If you can prove it please do so I will then admit that I said it. Make sure you give the post number. If you can not do so please admit that you are a liar and we will let the matter rest there no more need being said. Sound fair to you B)

To start with once again, and as usual you have ignored all the points raised and again gone off the topic.

Why are you avoiding answering my questions??????

Now for your thought about Thailand, yes i need to apologize, it was not on this thread but on another which is just as recent, and this is just one of your statements, there lots more, but i am not going to waste time on this with you and stick to the topic.

What are your reasons for supporting this initiative?

What part of it do you support without even having the particulars or knowing the actual plan?

Please give examples of any initiatives that were implemented and were useful and successful?

Please address the points raised in post 185.

On another note one of the great initiatives was to give free $10000 riot insurance for the tourists. I never came across any information on where to lodge a claim and how to lodge a claim or what agency to contact. Can anyone else shed a light on that initiative and its particulars, aside from whats been said which is "$10 000 free riot insurance"

This is the quote from your post on that thread, Thread is about corruption and can be found here http://www.thaivisa....-to-corruption/

You make it sound like a daily occurrence. I have lived here for five years and not run into that problem once. That is not to say it isn't out there. But to continually put your self in situations where it is happening is a matter of choice. I my self choose not to.

Once again we start some thing good. Let us hope it sticks around this time.

So i hope now you will stop denying what you said(unless of course you want me to post more of your quotes) and try to stick to the subject without getting personal and provide answers and have a civilized debate.

Hi Liar

Once again you avoid the truth you made a accusation I gave you a chance to prove it. The best you can do is say it is on another thread and post one of my posts where I admit it could be happening ( don't remember what that one was about) just hasn't happened to me. For God sake are you so slow you can't even take some thing out of context right..

I would love to enter a discusion with you only what is the point you are a proven liar. You are not even good at misdirection.

Lie on

And once again you kept it personal rather then addressing the actual issues raised numerous times.

It is clear that you are unable to hold even half decent conversation so continuing this is beyond pointless.

Basically you support something that you have no idea about, and to make matters worse can not even come up with a reason why that is. Sad Sad Sad.

When you do actually answer even 1 point i raised, let me know, until then i am too to tired to go in circles with you.

1. As someone already mentioned staff at 7-11 hardly speak any English

2. So a victim is to walk around from 7-11 to 7-11 trying to find which one can help?

3. Whats the kickback to 7-11?

4. What would be a response time? 24 hours?

5. What about Family Marts? why not involve them and also may be the tailors, since there is one on every corner.

Now they say staff have undergone special training, what training was that? Police does not have any training, so what did they teach the 7-11 staff? How about having the "great little helpers" the farang volunteers stay at those 7-11, since there is no shortage of them trying to get in.

I dont know what you're all b*tching about, they offer to HELP police, not take over their duties. they hire pretty good people and screen thoroughly. if you cant find police, 7 11 is a good place to check.

why all the unecessary and untrue negative remarks? Why so many complaints? why not just go back to your homeland then?

They can hardly do their own duties, so perhaps they need to improve on that before taking on new duties.

It always takes 3 of them to scan my phone bill when i come to pay it.

By the sound of things you would be one of those "great little helpers" so what training have you done?

Which parts of the posts did you find untrue?

You state they hire pretty good people, must be because they pay such a huge salary and their people are so great that they change every month or so.

Hope to see you in one of those 7-11 stores helping people out with your knowledge and wisdom.<_<

Here's a post where you say the staff are not good. Your post. We live here also and have found the staff to be very efficient and actually quite a few speak English. My wife laughed when I told her nobody spoke English at 7/11's.

You also wanted to know one initiative that worked. How about 1155. I've used it several times and it was great. I'm sure you have bashed this initiative also and will reply with numerous reasons why it sucks also.

You whine about this so much...unreal. You have no details on this program other than the OP and yet you critic aspects of it that are clearly outside your knowledge, making up reasons as to why it won't work. Unless you are an insider, with specific knowledge, you are just crying that the sky is falling.

Everybody is against you on this...and you are dominating the thread. How about being a little positive for once.

It is a fact, sorry if you do not like it. Perhaps next time i need to pay my phone bill, you should come along and watch it prior to judging. It does not mean they rude, nor does it mean they are not helpful, but it does take 3 to scan the bill. Why that is, i do not know, may be you can explain it.

It is a fact that there is always more then 3 people working the counters and yet customers always end up in the queue, because only 1 register and 1 person is actually working.

It is a fact when you speak only English and try to ask some question about simcards or something like that-they do not understand.

I have never used 1155, nor have i ever called 1155, nor have i ever bashed 1155, so give it a rest!

Try contacting or asking bar owners about what they think and how much extra it costs them per month.

Yes i criticize it for the reasons which i clearly stated and broke it down in details. Can you please now state your reasons why you think its a great idea and how this would work and benefit tourists?

Actually if you take a calculator and sum up the numbers, you wil find that vast majority do not support it and are laughing at it.

The difference is and my mistake is trying to explain and persuade those who do support and i am yet to see one reasonable explanation for those of you who seem to have a problem with me.

The only one so far that has given any kind of backing for his support is animatic, while you along with few others either post totally irrelevant posts or stupidly try to get personal. At least you have had enough intelligence to keep it civil.

So for the last time, i have stated my reasons for not supporting and being negative about it, now you with your supporters need to try to come with an intelligent relevant posts to justify your support and try something little better then "oh well they are trying", "give them some support"."if you do not like it go home" etc etc etc

Edited by kuffki

These arrests are just from this week. Just to show the police here actually do their job. I agree they are not perfect, but they do make some arrests. Contrary to your beliefs. With such activity, having the ability to stop into a 7/11...which are everywhere...and have somebody dial the police for you is a good thing. Put yourself in a tourists shoes. This is a good thing. Heck, even good for us locals!

=========================================================================================

Pattaya, 6 November 2010: the quick thinking reaction of a female teenage gang victim led to the swift arrest of a 3-man gang of under-17-year-old teenagers in the middle of the night, today, Nov6.

On Thursday Afternoon, Pattaya Police arrested two men and a variety of stolen motorbikes and spare parts.

A German couple fell prey to a failed snatch and grab attack by a motorcycle gang of yah-bah addicts. The ringleader was caught after a police chase and confessed to a number of similar crimes.

Quick Acting Tourist Performs Citizen's Arrest On Pattaya Lady-Boys

South Pattaya Pub raided by District Licensing Officers

A suspected transsexual thief was caught at the Southern-end of Walking Street, in front of the Siam Bayshore Hotel in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Japanese Paedophile-Ring Member Busted In Pattaya

Pattaya Police arrested a man with a gun in front of Soi 6 on Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Tuesday Morning.

14 suspected gamblers arrested by Pattaya Police

A well known local DJ has been arrested and caught with a significant quantity of narcotics and a firearm. On Wednesday Night,

Pattaya, 6 November 2010: the quick thinking reaction of a female teenage gang victim led to the swift arrest of a 3-man gang of under-17-year-old teenagers in the middle of the night, today, Nov6. NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

On Thursday Afternoon, Pattaya Police arrested two men and a variety of stolen motorbikes and spare parts. NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

A German couple fell prey to a failed snatch and grab attack by a motorcycle gang of yah-bah addicts. The ringleader was caught after a police chase and confessed to a number of similar crimes.

Quick Acting Tourist Performs Citizen's Arrest On Pattaya Lady-Boys.NOT POLICE WORK

South Pattaya Pub raided by District Licensing Officers NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

A suspected transsexual thief was caught at the Southern-end of Walking Street, in front of the Siam Bayshore Hotel in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Japanese Paedophile-Ring Member Busted In Pattaya NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED(NOT AGAINST TOURIST ANYWAY)

Pattaya Police arrested a man with a gun in front of Soi 6 on Pattaya Beach Road in the early hours of Tuesday Morning. NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

14 suspected gamblers arrested by Pattaya Police NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

A well known local DJ has been arrested and caught with a significant quantity of narcotics and a firearm. On Wednesday Night,NOT TOURIST CRIME RELATED

Yes police is doing something, how many of all those arrests are tourist crime related? 2 out of 10

How many of those arrested have made it to the court?

How many crimes were committed that week against tourists and locals?For a fact i can tell you

1. 3 bikes stolen just from my soi(no action from police, mind you bikes not stolen all at once, but 1 per night)

2. My friends house robbed last week and as i posted before he has CCTV but police did not even look at it.

3. 1 guy was bashed outside Marine Disco by Marine guards,

4. 1 Guy and his Thai GF were assaulted by the staff at Lucifer disco

5. 1 Thai girl was assaulted by another(smashed 3 bottles in her face inside Lucifers)

And all of these are just from my little negative life in Pattaya, how many more are out there?

and just to remind the 7-11 initiative is to help tourists not the locals or the expats

Another perfect example of police work can be found on the following thread

Edited by kuffki

:bah: I think it is a bloody good idea.

The 7 eleven's are a farang's 1st thai home when he finds his away around the out backs of Thailand by themselve for the 1st time. So there may be teething problems like drunk Russians trying to talk English but it is at least making an attempt to allowing English speaking falang to make contact with an English speaking police link when you need most to be to have some one understand you.

Hi guys do somebody thought yet we are living in Thailand and we shd speak Thai instead to complain Thai people can not speak English?wink.gif

Clearly English is not your first language, but i did not know that tourists should speak or learn Thai and not other way around

But we have to learn and speak english as Tourists in London Convenience stores ?

Don't you mean Urdu ??

Hi Liar

Once again you avoid the truth you made a accusation I gave you a chance to prove it. The best you can do is say it is on another thread and post one of my posts where I admit it could be happening ( don't remember what that one was about) just hasn't happened to me. There is no innuendo that every thing is hunky dory in Thailand. Your problem is you can't under stand that all is not black and all is not white.

For God sake are you so slow you can't even take some thing out of context right..

I would love to enter a discussion with you only what is the point you are a proven liar. You are not even good at misdirection.

As for the benefits they have been posted many times already. Try accepting all the posts not just the ones you want.

I am not answering your questions because you lied and made a accusation and used them to try to avoid the truth. Next time ask the questions first. Might work with your wife but not me.

Lie on

Perfect example of how to get your posting rights removed. A few others are on the verge. Tone it down. We don't tolerate name calling and insults here.

Well... most 7-11's seem to have an abundance of staff, so maybe this could work.

TheWalkingMan

It could work only if the staff at those 7 eleven stores can understand or speak english , and so far that is hardly the case. Imagine a Russia guy who speak really little english oppose to a seven eleven staff with the same english skill .. that wouldnt be that fun !

Yeah, really. I don't think I've ever come across an English speaking 7-11 staff member in Chiang Mai. Maybe things are different in Pattaya but I doubt it. Seems like a silly idea if you ask me.

I posted these because in a previous post you said the police don't make arrests and are all bad. Sure, not all are tourist related, but the purpose was to show the police DO make arrests and Do their job...at least some of the time.

Yes police is doing something, how many of all those arrests are tourist crime related? 2 out of 10 Out of my 2 minute research, I quickly found a few that might be able to take advantage of 7/11. That was my point.

How many of those arrested have made it to the court? What's that got to do with the OP?

How many crimes were committed that week against tourists and locals?For a fact i can tell you

1. 3 bikes stolen just from my soi(no action from police, mind you bikes not stolen all at once, but 1 per night)

2. My friends house robbed last week and as i posted before he has CCTV but police did not even look at it.

5. 1 Thai girl was assaulted by another(smashed 3 bottles in her face inside Lucifers)

And all of these are just from my little negative life in Pattaya, how many more are out there? Perfect point! That just proves this thing might work. Thanks!

and just to remind the 7-11 initiative is to help tourists not the locals or the expats But that doesn't mean we can't use it. I know if I was in trouble, I now know where I can go for help.

It is a fact, sorry if you do not like it. Perhaps next time i need to pay my phone bill, you should come along and watch it prior to judging. It does not mean they rude, nor does it mean they are not helpful, but it does take 3 to scan the bill. Why that is, i do not know, may be you can explain it. I pay my bills there also, never had that problem. Sure, there are lines, but then again, there are lots of customers. Customers=lines.

It is a fact that there is always more then 3 people working the counters and yet customers always end up in the queue, because only 1 register and 1 person is actually working. Not always. I don't like absolutes...because many times you can be absolutely wrong. I've been in 7/11's with only 1. With 2. And 1 is usually helping out with the dim sum, heating stuff, etc. And I've been there plenty of times with there are 2 cash registers open. Heck, I've been there with they had to open 2 outside to handle the extra customers...during events here in Pattaya. So it is not always true that only 1 register is open. That comment is absolutely wrong.

It is a fact when you speak only English and try to ask some question about simcards or something like that-they do not understand. Sure, that happens sometimes. This is Thailand. And guess what? They speak Thai! But I've never had a problem walking in and saying "DTAC", holding up my phone and handing over 200 Baht. Never. I've also run across many who do speak English quite well.

I have never used 1155, nor have i ever called 1155, nor have i ever bashed 1155, so give it a rest! You asked for 1 initiative that was successful. I gave you one and now you don't like it. Can't please you...

Try contacting or asking bar owners about what they think and how much extra it costs them per month. Not sure of your point here.

Yes i criticize it for the reasons which i clearly stated and broke it down in details. Can you please now state your reasons why you think its a great idea and how this would work and benefit tourists? Impossible to break this thing down as we only know high level details. You've been negative on many items that you have no idea about...just speculating. Which is all we can do with the info we have right now. My point is to quit being negative and be supportive. Can't hurt you in any way to give it a go.

Actually if you take a calculator and sum up the numbers, you wil find that vast majority do not support it and are laughing at it. Short comments like "I can now get a beer while calling the police" are not qualified comments. If you add up the qualified comments, you will find the more senior members support it. Add up your comments and you are the winner on this thread.

The difference is and my mistake is trying to explain and persuade those who do support and i am yet to see one reasonable explanation for those of you who seem to have a problem with me. Your kidding....re-read your lengthy posts on a short initial post. Unreal.

The only one so far that has given any kind of backing for his support is animatic, while you along with few others either post totally irrelevant posts or stupidly try to get personal. At least you have had enough intelligence to keep it civil. Not true. Others have posted to give it a go. What's wrong with that?

Why are you here. Seriously. You just said your negative life in Pattaya. Be more positive! It ain't perfect, but it sure ain't Sudan or Nigeria!!! I guess many of us who live here really do like it and don't like those who constantly berate Thailand. We also don't understand why these types of people even live here. Except to hang out on Walking Street 4-5 nights a week...

I posted these because in a previous post you said the police don't make arrests and are all bad. Sure, not all are tourist related, but the purpose was to show the police DO make arrests and Do their job...at least some of the time.

Yes police is doing something, how many of all those arrests are tourist crime related? 2 out of 10 Out of my 2 minute research, I quickly found a few that might be able to take advantage of 7/11. That was my point.

How many of those arrested have made it to the court? What's that got to do with the OP?

And all of these are just from my little negative life in Pattaya, how many more are out there? Perfect point! That just proves this thing might work. Thanks!

and just to remind the 7-11 initiative is to help tourists not the locals or the expats But that doesn't mean we can't use it. I know if I was in trouble, I now know where I can go for help.

It is a fact, sorry if you do not like it. Perhaps next time i need to pay my phone bill, you should come along and watch it prior to judging. It does not mean they rude, nor does it mean they are not helpful, but it does take 3 to scan the bill. Why that is, i do not know, may be you can explain it. I pay my bills there also, never had that problem. Sure, there are lines, but then again, there are lots of customers. Customers=lines.

It is a fact that there is always more then 3 people working the counters and yet customers always end up in the queue, because only 1 register and 1 person is actually working. Not always. I don't like absolutes...because many times you can be absolutely wrong. I've been in 7/11's with only 1. With 2. And 1 is usually helping out with the dim sum, heating stuff, etc. And I've been there plenty of times with there are 2 cash registers open. Heck, I've been there with they had to open 2 outside to handle the extra customers...during events here in Pattaya. So it is not always true that only 1 register is open. That comment is absolutely wrong.

It is a fact when you speak only English and try to ask some question about simcards or something like that-they do not understand. Sure, that happens sometimes. This is Thailand. And guess what? They speak Thai! But I've never had a problem walking in and saying "DTAC", holding up my phone and handing over 200 Baht. Never. I've also run across many who do speak English quite well.

I have never used 1155, nor have i ever called 1155, nor have i ever bashed 1155, so give it a rest! You asked for 1 initiative that was successful. I gave you one and now you don't like it. Can't please you...

Try contacting or asking bar owners about what they think and how much extra it costs them per month. Not sure of your point here.

Yes i criticize it for the reasons which i clearly stated and broke it down in details. Can you please now state your reasons why you think its a great idea and how this would work and benefit tourists? Impossible to break this thing down as we only know high level details. You've been negative on many items that you have no idea about...just speculating. Which is all we can do with the info we have right now. My point is to quit being negative and be supportive. Can't hurt you in any way to give it a go.

Actually if you take a calculator and sum up the numbers, you wil find that vast majority do not support it and are laughing at it. Short comments like "I can now get a beer while calling the police" are not qualified comments. If you add up the qualified comments, you will find the more senior members support it. Add up your comments and you are the winner on this thread.

The difference is and my mistake is trying to explain and persuade those who do support and i am yet to see one reasonable explanation for those of you who seem to have a problem with me. Your kidding....re-read your lengthy posts on a short initial post. Unreal.

The only one so far that has given any kind of backing for his support is animatic, while you along with few others either post totally irrelevant posts or stupidly try to get personal. At least you have had enough intelligence to keep it civil. Not true. Others have posted to give it a go. What's wrong with that?

Why are you here. Seriously. You just said your negative life in Pattaya. Be more positive! It ain't perfect, but it sure ain't Sudan or Nigeria!!! I guess many of us who live here really do like it and don't like those who constantly berate Thailand. We also don't understand why these types of people even live here. Except to hang out on Walking Street 4-5 nights a week...

Actually you said my negative life, so was trying to help you.

We are clearly not going to agree on this matter and since you do not like speculating i am struggling to understand why you would continue to prove me wrong?

All your stats of crime fighting, i have shown you are pretty much useless like a drop in the ocean. Crime rate in Thailand, especially Conburi region is pretty high and to support your argument of police doing great job you show 10 arrests for 6000 000 people living and visitors.

You have had nothing but great help from police, me and everyone i know and i do not think anyone on this thread has had much help at all. Since my posts are untrue or negative or whatever you like to call it, i did provide a link for you from this forum of people pretty much saying what i have said.

Could you provide a link for anyone on this forum who has praised the help they got from Police?

1155 is a success in your opinion, again is there any links where people praise the help they got from Tourist Police? Since the introduction of Tourist Police, Bar owners started to get monthly visits from them also, but since i have not had any experience with them, i simply can not comment.

However i am yet to come across a thread where member praises their help, so far only you.

"I can now get a beer while calling the police" are not qualified comments-Why is that? Because you do not like it, or because members can not believe or bothered to even write anything to the silliest idea?

so you agree or do not agree with my speculations-but providing good reasons is one way to prove your case.

Lets have this discussion in say 6 months and see how successful 7-11 idea was and not according to your own experience but threads on this forum.

PS. As for your cheap shot of hanging around on Walking street, well it does not even deserve a response, considering that you have no clue at all what so ever why i would be there 4-5 days.

Edited by kuffki

Oh honey , lets go to thailand for our next holiday , 7-Eleven are working with the police so they say and it's much safer now.

Excuse me ! i've been robbed !! there were two boys on motorbikes ... they took my gold and my rolex watch !! ......... Ok sir , you like 1-2-call ... how mut ? ...... no !! i've been robbed !! ....... sorry sir , i speak engwish little !!

I wonder if I can pay my parking fine at 7-Eleven now ?

Does this mean if you see a 7-Eleven with police car sirens screaming outside , it's not necessarily being robbed ?

I can just see the highly trained 7-Eleven staff handling a complaint from a japanese tourist who's just been mugged by 2 germans and an italian named Luigi Ventiscaninio .

:clap2: .........:cheesy:

Thank you Thailand for bringing a smile to my face. Today has been a tough day in the office, i can always count on thaivisa at the expense of the thai police to cheer me. funny story! i feel so much safer now....

BTW when i get pulled over by some traffic cops doing an illegal road stop.... do i also report that to 7-11or should i report that to the post office... tesco.... 55555 ....i love this country!!!!

As usual all the negative people fall out to judge, complain, and make fun of anything that the Thailand tried to do. Probably many who are spouting off do not even live here, OR just want to be heard by anybody. Sad.

You shouldn't be so harsh in your comments. Everybody has an opinion that is free to be voiced. Whether it is positive or negative, this has nothing to do with the fact whether we like Thailand or not. Negative critic can also be constructive, at least if you are positive enough to understand! B)

It has everything to do with whether you like it or not, its a reflection of you as a person. For those spouting off, why don't they offer a solution since they claim they're so intelligent. Criticism is constructive, if you fins some new proposals or solutions, but not merely talking about why one is better, and only jaded cynicism.

Is this from the jehovah witness preaching?

1.How about having more police on the streets day and especially night and NOT more places to contact them.

Its called being pro-active, more police presence=less chance and opportunity for crime.

2.Police to actually act on complaints especially when victims have all the evidence such as CCTV, number plates and attackers place of work?

Its called being productive. More arrests and convictions=less criminals on the streets

3. How about having more phone booths with big writing on top-"police help", so that a victim is directly connected and does not need to look for police station or visit elsewhere to contact the police(in case they do not know the number for police)

That would be called smart planning.

4. How about you read entire thread, which does include every single post(even though some could be more then 2 lines long) where you will find all the above mentioned and hopefully will be able to accept it.

This last one could be a real brain breaker,

But how about acting in regards to already known "element" such as drug dealers on the beach, pickpocket ladyboys and few others.

Now THIS would be called preventative.

But sadly this would also mean actually doing some work in the evenings and night time, which takes away from drinking and mia noi time and we could never ask for that, just for the sake of tourism, local people and Nations image.

Edited by kuffki

lived both pattaya and now bkk sukhumvit (near nana bts)

have rarely seen a fist raised in anger and I have done the rounds trust me.

Living in Sydney saw a pub/ night club brawl way way toooo many times to mention. Anyone remember bourbon and beef steak kings cross? lol where ricky ponting got a black eye along with countless others. hookers were all junkies

and thieves, watching mass bashings was spectator sport..

this 7/11 thing is just a gimmick. They may get 1 report a day per store on average. just speculating

Who cares how many reports come in that's not the point.

The point is you can now get help from the police by going to a 7/11

and they will get the police to show up. And that's good.

No referendum on police good, police bad, or their effectiveness.

The faster a crime is reported the greater chances of it getting solved.

If there is any chance at all it is ASAP.

7/11 reporting saves mucho time trying to find a police station in many areas.

There are no logical arguments why this is a bad idea.

Enough said, thank you! Time to close this puppy!

Actually you said my negative life, so was trying to help you. I never said you had a negative life in Pattaya. I copied that off your post. I did say you are negative.

We are clearly not going to agree on this matter and since you do not like speculating i am struggling to understand why you would continue to prove me wrong? I'm just trying to show that seeing this in a positive light is not a bad idea. Is that so wrong? I agree there are problems with it, but you won't give up your bashing. Is it going to hurt anybody to give this a try and see what happens? Not all initiatives work out. But at least give it a go. Many posters have said that same thing on this thread.

All your stats of crime fighting, i have shown you are pretty much useless like a drop in the ocean. Crime rate in Thailand, especially Conburi region is pretty high and to support your argument of police doing great job you show 10 arrests for 6000 000 people living and visitors. I found these in 30 seconds of searching. Obviously, this is just the tip of the iceburg. Would you agree on that? Not all arrests get reported. Jeez...

You have had nothing but great help from police, me and everyone i know and i do not think anyone on this thread has had much help at all. Since my posts are untrue or negative or whatever you like to call it, i did provide a link for you from this forum of people pretty much saying what i have said.

Could you provide a link for anyone on this forum who has praised the help they got from Police? I already told you about beardog. Did you forget that one? Do a search and you will find how well the police worked for him. Or, PM him yourself and find out. Don't be so lazy. My point is not everybody is like you and has had only negative experiences with the police. I know many have, but not everybody. Just because you know nobody who has ever had a good experience with the police doesn't mean that EVERYBODY has had bad experiences. Wow...

1155 is a success in your opinion, again is there any links where people praise the help they got from Tourist Police? Since the introduction of Tourist Police, Bar owners started to get monthly visits from them also, but since i have not had any experience with them, i simply can not comment. Here is a link where several members say these guys are OK. I found this in 10 seconds of searching. I am sure there must be more. Directly in contract to your statements. So yes, some have had positive experiences with them. Again, don't be absolute about everything.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/236164-pattaya-volunteer-tourist-police/

However i am yet to come across a thread where member praises their help, so far only you. Here's another thread, found in about 20 seconds of searching. Proof positive that SOME people do have positive experiences...OK?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/412070-phuket-traffic-police/page__p__3993940__hl__helpful+police__fromsearch__1#entry3993940

"I can now get a beer while calling the police" are not qualified comments-Why is that? Because you do not like it, or because members can not believe or bothered to even write anything to the silliest idea?

so you agree or do not agree with my speculations-but providing good reasons is one way to prove your case. I mentioned beardog before. But you don't seem to want to research these things for yourself. I have done that and proved it here with the many threads I have posted.

Lets have this discussion in say 6 months and see how successful 7-11 idea was and not according to your own experience but threads on this forum. Would love to. Good or bad, let's give it a try and support it. Is that so bad? And if it is a failure, like the pedestrian stoplights, I will buy you a beer for sure! Guaranteed...bar of your choice.

PS. As for your cheap shot of hanging around on Walking street, well it does not even deserve a response, considering that you have no clue at all what so ever why i would be there 4-5 days. Here is a direct quote from you: "How many security guards on Walking street do you see or see on TV being arrested for assault? and there is a bashing every single night( i am out 5-6 nights)" You mentioned Walking Street and being out 5-6 nights. My bad for replying to what you posted.

Again, for the last time, I am just trying to be upbeat about this. It is way to early to tell if this will work or not. Nobody has a crystal ball. But let's try and support it...for now...and then we can all jump on the bandwagon of bashing it when it fails.

Actually you said my negative life, so was trying to help you. I never said you had a negative life in Pattaya. I copied that off your post. I did say you are negative.

We are clearly not going to agree on this matter and since you do not like speculating i am struggling to understand why you would continue to prove me wrong? I'm just trying to show that seeing this in a positive light is not a bad idea. Is that so wrong? I agree there are problems with it, but you won't give up your bashing. Is it going to hurt anybody to give this a try and see what happens? Not all initiatives work out. But at least give it a go. Many posters have said that same thing on this thread.

All your stats of crime fighting, i have shown you are pretty much useless like a drop in the ocean. Crime rate in Thailand, especially Conburi region is pretty high and to support your argument of police doing great job you show 10 arrests for 6000 000 people living and visitors. I found these in 30 seconds of searching. Obviously, this is just the tip of the iceburg. Would you agree on that? Not all arrests get reported. Jeez...

Could you provide a link for anyone on this forum who has praised the help they got from Police? I already told you about beardog. Did you forget that one? Do a search and you will find how well the police worked for him. Or, PM him yourself and find out. Don't be so lazy. My point is not everybody is like you and has had only negative experiences with the police. I know many have, but not everybody. Just because you know nobody who has ever had a good experience with the police doesn't mean that EVERYBODY has had bad experiences. Wow...

1155 is a success in your opinion, again is there any links where people praise the help they got from Tourist Police? Since the introduction of Tourist Police, Bar owners started to get monthly visits from them also, but since i have not had any experience with them, i simply can not comment. Here is a link where several members say these guys are OK. I found this in 10 seconds of searching. I am sure there must be more. Directly in contract to your statements. So yes, some have had positive experiences with them. Again, don't be absolute about everything.

http://www.thaivisa....tourist-police/

However i am yet to come across a thread where member praises their help, so far only you. Here's another thread, found in about 20 seconds of searching. Proof positive that SOME people do have positive experiences...OK?

http://www.thaivisa...._1#entry3993940

so you agree or do not agree with my speculations-but providing good reasons is one way to prove your case. I mentioned beardog before. But you don't seem to want to research these things for yourself. I have done that and proved it here with the many threads I have posted.

Lets have this discussion in say 6 months and see how successful 7-11 idea was and not according to your own experience but threads on this forum. Would love to. Good or bad, let's give it a try and support it. Is that so bad? And if it is a failure, like the pedestrian stoplights, I will buy you a beer for sure! Guaranteed...bar of your choice.

PS. As for your cheap shot of hanging around on Walking street, well it does not even deserve a response, considering that you have no clue at all what so ever why i would be there 4-5 days. Here is a direct quote from you: "How many security guards on Walking street do you see or see on TV being arrested for assault? and there is a bashing every single night( i am out 5-6 nights)" You mentioned Walking Street and being out 5-6 nights. My bad for replying to what you posted.

Again, for the last time, I am just trying to be upbeat about this. It is way to early to tell if this will work or not. Nobody has a crystal ball. But let's try and support it...for now...and then we can all jump on the bandwagon of bashing it when it fails.

And i am just saying that i would be upbeat if the initiative was to have more police presence and action not more desks to make reports. For the life of me, i can not see any benefit at all to have something reported if no actions are followed.

When you have a broken leg and doctor in the hospital puts a bandaid over it, it really do not help at all. But doctor did do something. But you want me to support the doctor not the patient and hope that the bandaid will help broken leg.

Edited by kuffki

Issaan the best part of Thailand

Yes, this is why so many Thai's move from Isaan to elsewhere because its the best.

well excuse me but many ISAAN PEOPLE DO GO ELSE WHERE TO WORK NOT TO LIVE once they have harvested their rice {cow} they dont have any income but they do come back to Isaan because it is the best place to live do you want me to tell you why,I dont think so.by the way way where do you live omg do you live in pattaya sh-t hole lucky you Edited by rbrick49

Yes, this is why so many Thai's move from Isaan to elsewhere because its the best.

well excuse me but many ISAAN PEOPLE DO GO ELSE WHERE TO WORK NOT TO LIVE once they have harvested their rice {cow} they dont have any income but they do come back to Isaan because it is the best place to live do you want me to tell you why,I dont think so.by the way way where do you live omg do you live in pattaya sh-t hole lucky you

Not that is has anything to do with the thread but yeah please tell me.

and is it possible they come back because its home and where family is??? NOT because its the best?

And if it was the best, do you think there will be a need to go work elsewhere? because by definition "BEST" means the most advanced; most correct or/and complete along with the most advantage; with the most success, case, profit, benefit, or propriety.

So if it was the best, with the most advantages, most success, most profits and most propriety's what would be the need to go work elsewhere?

And if it was best, would there be a reason for the region to be the poorest in Thailand?

Edited by kuffki

Speaking from a Pattaya perspective, I had to laugh.

The police don't need help from the 7Eleven. The police force needs to look inside its own ranks first and weed out its own criminals.

The police are ripping off the tourists (and locals) left, right and centre.

Edited by tropo

Well... most 7-11's seem to have an abundance of staff, so maybe this could work.

TheWalkingMan

It could work only if the staff at those 7 eleven stores can understand or speak english , and so far that is hardly the case. Imagine a Russia guy who speak really little english oppose to a seven eleven staff with the same english skill .. that wouldnt be that fun !

Yeah, really. I don't think I've ever come across an English speaking 7-11 staff member in Chiang Mai. Maybe things are different in Pattaya but I doubt it. Seems like a silly idea if you ask me.

Maybe it will be a DIY thing you just buy the form from 7 Eleven fill it out and then once a week they will collate all and forward to the police.

TheWalkingMan

I totally agree with you.

And who is going to take responsibility when the staff dont have a clue there is a crime being committed? Its going to end up the same as when the Noddy's recruit motor-cy boys to cover for them. Seems to me Noddy wants to relinquish their duties,.

I can just imagine the phone conversation. " Hello Peee, 7 here... we have a fallang in the shop, you better come on down he is ranting on about something, I think he has money so can we get our usual cut?".

:thumbsup:

Why stop at 7 Eleven, why not McDonalds, KFC, Hungry Jacks (Burger King for Yanks) and the like. Don't forget Krispy kreme has just opened also.

Would you like Fries with your report? Do you want a regular, medium or large report? Is that to go or complain here?

well excuse me but many ISAAN PEOPLE DO GO ELSE WHERE TO WORK NOT TO LIVE once they have harvested their rice {cow} they dont have any income but they do come back to Isaan because it is the best place to live do you want me to tell you why,I dont think so.by the way way where do you live omg do you live in pattaya sh-t hole lucky you

Not that is has anything to do with the thread but yeah please tell me.

and is it possible they come back because its home and where family is??? NOT because its the best?

And if it was the best, do you think there will be a need to go work elsewhere? because by definition "BEST" means the most advanced; most correct or/and complete along with the most advantage; with the most success, case, profit, benefit, or propriety.

So if it was the best, with the most advantages, most success, most profits and most propriety's what would be the need to go work elsewhere?

And if it was best, would there be a reason for the region to be the poorest in Thailand?

I allready admitted in my post it was poor.I said once they harvested their rice they went elsewhere to work the living standards are better here crime wise compared to those southern regions,dont get me wrong we still have crime but only minimal

I think the police are losing the plot. After basically an endless stream of bad press, they are fighting back by telling tourists to tell the ladyboys working at 7/11 about the crime that just happened to them ???

Here is a free tip. How about stopping crime in the first place, instead of a new bizarre way to report it. Instead of the police taking all their time blocking traffic so VIPs can rapidly whiz around and stopping Thais at the endless checkpoints to steal their money, they need to follow western policing. Meaning the police are cruising around everywhere looking for crime.

Somebody asked me one time if they would get stopped by the police at night. I said no, they are all at the Karaoke bars spending the money they stole that day.... :cheesy:

Western policing my A_s, if you want that kind of corruption go back there. This will probably help, as places where everyone is involved in policing their society the crime rates are low. Not only that but what most of you call corruption, that is at least out in the open...as opposed to the pretentions of western society, I call a relief. If I'm in violation of something, I know I would sure rather flip out a 50 or 100 baht and have it solved now. Unlike in "western" countries where the smallest infraction can end you up paying big, vehicle impounded, insurance through the roof, etc. etc. etc., even in jail.....screw that.

Anyway, that's my rant for now....

Go 7-11 !!!!

John

P.S. Any of you corrupt western cops that came here after helping create the crumbling western ideals, just go the F back also. I love finding you guys over here. Dicks.

TheWalkingMan

And who is going to take responsibility when the staff dont have a clue there is a crime being committed? Its going to end up the same as when the Noddy's recruit motor-cy boys to cover for them. Seems to me Noddy wants to relinquish their duties,.

I can just imagine the phone conversation. " Hello Peee, 7 here... we have a fallang in the shop, you better come on down he is ranting on about something, I think he has money so can we get our usual cut?".

What a bunch of negative Nancy douche-bags,...check your vinegar and water when you sign in.....better yet, just go back to where they speak English and wouldn't do a thing if you came into the store with a knife sticking out of your neck...except maybe kick you out to avoid liability...or blood on the floor.

TheWalkingMan

What a bunch of negative Nancy douche-bags,...check your vinegar and water when you sign in.....better yet, just go back to where they speak English and wouldn't do a thing if you came into the store with a knife sticking out of your neck...except maybe kick you out to avoid liability...or blood on the floor.

I think those with negative reponses to this topic have an understanding of crime reporting. There is a lot more involved than the general public think. It can take anything up to an hour to compile a simple report and gathering information from the victim to compile a narrative can be like milking a bull. It takes training you need to be able to visualise the situation in your mind whilst taking the report to obtain as much information as possible. Narratives can be pages long and need to be clear and consice in chronological order. The taking of a report is the start of an investigation. I do not think staff at 7 Eleven can obtain these skills during a simple 1 or 2 hour course. Police undergo extensive training in this area. A crime report compiled by a 7 Eleven employee that simply says "Farang got robbed." is not worth the paper it is written on.